|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(b) Run away.
2. What fills the night as the author describes?
(a) A prolonged sibilance.
(b) A prolonged intrusion.
(c) A prolonged silence.
(d) A prolonged anger.
3. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
(a) A trap.
(b) An absurd thought.
(c) An annoyance.
(d) A direct challenge.
4. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Look at the snow!
(b) Stay here!
(c) Stop the snow!
(d) Go away!
5. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The wall.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The doctor's coat.
(d) The doctor's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
2. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
3. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
4. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
5. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)