|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
2. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It streamlines toward one spot.
(b) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(c) It rushes frantically.
(d) It flattens itself out.
3. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little raft.
(b) As a large stage.
(c) As a little stage.
(d) As a large raft.
4. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) The window.
(b) Underneath the bed.
(c) The door.
(d) Through the roof.
5. What fills the night as the author describes?
(a) A prolonged silence.
(b) A prolonged intrusion.
(c) A prolonged anger.
(d) A prolonged sibilance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
2. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
3. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
4. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
5. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)