|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
2. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a necessary farce.
(b) It is a ridiculous farce.
(c) It is a necessary event.
(d) It is a ridiculous event.
3. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
(a) That he is not aware of the questions he will ask.
(b) That he will answer his questions.
(c) That he has never felt this strange before.
(d) That he is not seeing anything unusual.
4. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To tell him something old.
(b) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
(c) To help him lie to the doctor.
(d) To tell him something new.
5. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little raft.
(b) As a large raft.
(c) As a little stage.
(d) As a large stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
2. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
3. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
4. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
5. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)