|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the snow refer to itself?
2. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
(b) The beads of light on the window pane.
(c) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(d) The beads of light along the wall.
3. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The story it promised him.
(b) The reason for his anger.
(c) The number of steps that the postman took.
(d) The number of times the postman knocked.
4. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
(b) Blinking rapidly.
5. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
(a) An unacceptable act of malice.
(b) An irrational act of judgment.
(c) An act of violent betrayal.
(d) An act of anger and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the night as the author describes?
2. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
3. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
4. What is Paul's mood at the end of Part 3?
5. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)