|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) His shoes.
(b) The spiral of snow.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The pile of snow.
2. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(c) He thinks it is warranted.
(d) He thinks it is unfortunate.
3. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
4. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With long transparent arms.
(b) With long white arms.
(c) With short transparent arms.
(d) With short white arms.
5. What happens after Paul speaks to his mother for the final time?
(a) The snow begins to fade away.
(b) The snow becomes transparent.
(c) The snow continues to take over Paul's thoughts.
(d) The snow slowly retreats backward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
2. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
3. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
4. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
5. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)