|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
2. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
(d) Blinking rapidly.
3. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a lowly snake.
(b) Like a pet cat.
(c) Like a deer in hunting season.
(d) Like a trained seal.
4. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(b) It streamlines toward one spot.
(c) It rushes frantically.
(d) It flattens itself out.
5. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
(a) The chattering light.
(b) The talking door.
(c) The humming window.
(d) The loquacious closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
2. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
3. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
4. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
5. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)