|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He wears it proudly.
(b) He boasts about it to people.
(c) He carries it around with him.
(d) He lends it to people.
2. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A door to close.
(b) A wall to hide behind.
(c) A door to walk through.
(d) A wall to stand up against.
3. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
(a) To ignore them.
(b) To be kind to them.
(c) To belittle them.
(d) To disobey them.
4. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
5. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A pointless life.
(b) A double life.
(c) A deceptive life.
(d) A triple life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
2. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
3. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
4. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
5. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul answer the doctor's repeated questions about his problem, and what is important about the way his mother reacts?
2. How does the snow describe the story it is about to tell Paul as Silent Snow, Secret Snow ends, and what does the story represent?
3. What is Paul's thought process as he observes the gateway?
4. Who is Deirdre, and what does she illustrate for Paul?
5. What is interesting about the way Paul views the doctor and his parents, and how he chooses to acknowledge them?
6. What is the first thing that the doctor does, and how does Paul respond to it?
7. What does Paul's mother tell him at the end of Part 1, and how is his response significant?
8. What does Paul's mother symbolize at the end of the story?
9. How is the snow talking to Paul in the beginning of Part 4, and what is it saying?
10. How does Paul feel about his parents in Part 1 in relation to his secret?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)