|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boots does the postman have?
2. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White ragged lines.
(b) White ragged circles.
(c) White perfect circles.
(d) White centered lines.
3. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
4. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
(a) If he is starting to hallucinate.
(b) If he has ever seen the snow.
(c) If he is becoming paranoid.
(d) If he has ever left his room.
5. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to have a tutor.
(b) He might have to go to summer school.
(c) He might have to do extra chores.
(d) He might have to see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
2. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
3. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
4. What does Paul do with his secret?
5. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul think happened when the dog walked through the wet cement?
2. How does the snow describe the story it is about to tell Paul as Silent Snow, Secret Snow ends, and what does the story represent?
3. What does the snow represent for Paul on his walk home?
4. How does Paul perceive his parents' tone with the doctor, and why does he find it interesting?
5. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
6. How does Paul describe his shoes and the steps he is taking?
7. What does the snow do for the first time in Part 3, and what does this represent?
8. What is the birdhouse like, and how does Paul use it as a delay?
9. How does Paul's street appear, according to his description in Part 2?
10. When and how did Paul's secret start?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)