|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain generous.
(b) To remain resolute.
(c) To remain focused.
(d) To remain selfish.
3. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
4. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Four or five.
(b) One or two.
(c) Two or three.
(d) Three or four.
5. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of education.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) A sense of possession.
(d) A sense of direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
2. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
3. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
4. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
5. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's thought process as he observes the gateway?
2. What does Paul think will happen if he tells people about his secret?
3. How does the way Paul feels at the end of his walk contrast with the way he did at the beginning?
4. What reasoning does the snow give to Paul for the increasing darkness?
5. What is noticeably different in the tone and pace of Part 4?
6. How does Paul's street appear, according to his description in Part 2?
7. How does Paul feel about his parents in Part 1 in relation to his secret?
8. What is the startling discovery Paul makes at the end of his walk home?
9. What does Paul think happened when the dog walked through the wet cement?
10. What is the interruption that occurs in Part 4, and how is it received?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)