|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
(a) In a haphazard pattern.
(b) In geometrical parallelograms.
(c) In a striped pattern.
(d) In geometrical trapezoids.
2. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably terrifying.
(b) Deliciously terrifying.
(c) Unmistakably satisfying.
(d) Deliciously satisfying.
3. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
4. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his reality.
(b) As his imagination.
(c) As his reward.
(d) As his failure.
5. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A constant array of color.
(b) A random mess.
(c) A solid wall.
(d) A transparent mirage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
2. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
3. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
4. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
5. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the snow describe the story it is about to tell Paul as Silent Snow, Secret Snow ends, and what does the story represent?
2. What is the first thing that the doctor does, and how does Paul respond to it?
3. How does the author describe the floor in Paul's room in the last part of the story?
4. How does Paul perceive his parents' tone with the doctor, and why does he find it interesting?
5. When does the doctor's visit take place in Part 3, and why is the timing significant?
6. How does Paul feel about his parents in Part 1 in relation to his secret?
7. How is Paul's last response to his mother surprisingly looked at in his own mind?
8. What is noticeably different in the tone and pace of Part 4?
9. How is the snow acting during Paul's doctor examination?
10. What is becoming more difficult for Paul to do, as he describes in Part 2?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)