|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably satisfying.
(b) Deliciously satisfying.
(c) Deliciously terrifying.
(d) Unmistakably terrifying.
2. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the apple tree.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In the cherry tree.
3. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Land of perpetual snow.
(b) Land of unpredictable snow.
(c) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(d) Sea of perpetual snow.
4. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
(a) To ignore them.
(b) To belittle them.
(c) To be kind to them.
(d) To disobey them.
5. What kind of boots does the postman have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
2. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
3. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
4. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
5. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Deirdre, and what does she illustrate for Paul?
2. What is the first thing that the doctor does, and how does Paul respond to it?
3. What is noticeably different in the tone and pace of Part 4?
4. What does the snow do for the first time in Part 3, and what does this represent?
5. What does Paul think happened when the dog walked through the wet cement?
6. What does Paul begin to wonder about as he stands in front of his house?
7. What is the birdhouse like, and how does Paul use it as a delay?
8. What does Paul think will happen if he tells people about his secret?
9. How is Paul's last response to his mother surprisingly looked at in his own mind?
10. Where is the snow when Paul first sees it during the examination?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)