|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
(b) If he will hear the postman.
(c) If the postman will skip his house.
(d) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
2. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
(a) In a striped pattern.
(b) In geometrical trapezoids.
(c) In a haphazard pattern.
(d) In geometrical parallelograms.
3. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White perfect circles.
(b) White ragged circles.
(c) White centered lines.
(d) White ragged lines.
4. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(b) Walk away from the house.
(c) Run down the street.
(d) Round the corner.
5. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A familiar one.
(b) A sickly one.
(c) A healthy one.
(d) A curious one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
2. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
3. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
4. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
5. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that the snow informs Paul he will see, and why?
2. When and how did Paul's secret start?
3. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
4. How does Paul speak to his mother in Part 4, and where does he get the words?
5. What is the interruption that occurs in Part 4, and how is it received?
6. What is significant about the elm tree Paul passes?
7. What is the birdhouse like, and how does Paul use it as a delay?
8. How does the snow describe the story it is about to tell Paul as Silent Snow, Secret Snow ends, and what does the story represent?
9. How does the doctor attempt to earn Paul's trust and cooperation?
10. How does Paul's street appear, according to his description in Part 2?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)