|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
2. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
3. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
(a) If he has ever left his room.
(b) If he is becoming paranoid.
(c) If he has ever seen the snow.
(d) If he is starting to hallucinate.
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful trinket.
(b) A beautiful picture.
(c) A beautiful day.
(d) A beautiful basket.
5. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His 2 rear feet.
(b) His barking.
(c) His 2 front feet.
(d) His tail wagging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
2. Where does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
3. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
4. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
5. Why is the birdhouse empty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the weather on Paul's way home, and what does it symbolize?
2. What does Paul think will happen if he tells people about his secret?
3. What is the last thing that Paul sees and hears before the story ends?
4. How does the way Paul feels at the end of his walk contrast with the way he did at the beginning?
5. What does Paul surprisingly say at the end of his examination, and why does it cause everyone to become silent?
6. What does Paul's mother attempt to do to help her son in Part 1, and why?
7. How does Paul speak to his mother in Part 4, and where does he get the words?
8. How does the snow take over Paul's room, according to the author's description?
9. How does Paul's street appear, according to his description in Part 2?
10. What does Paul's mother tell him at the end of Part 1, and how is his response significant?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)