|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain resolute.
(b) To remain selfish.
(c) To remain focused.
(d) To remain generous.
2. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His tail wagging.
(b) His 2 rear feet.
(c) His 2 front feet.
(d) His barking.
3. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become less annoying.
(b) They gradually become more distinct.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more indistinct.
4. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
5. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Reddish and kindly.
(b) Grayish and unfriendly.
(c) Reddish and unfriendly.
(d) Grayish and kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
2. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
3. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
4. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
5. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's thought process as he observes the gateway?
2. How does Paul view his mother's concern at his disturbing behavior toward the end of Part 3?
3. How is Silent Snow, Secret Snow's ending similar to its beginning, and why does the story end the way it does?
4. What does the snow do for the first time in Part 3, and what does this represent?
5. Where is the snow when Paul first sees it during the examination?
6. How does Paul answer the doctor's repeated questions about his problem, and what is important about the way his mother reacts?
7. How does Deirdre react to Paul's intelligence, and what does that symbolize?
8. What does Paul's mother tell him at the end of Part 1, and how is his response significant?
9. What is the advertisement for in the newspaper Paul finds in the gutter?
10. How does the doctor attempt to earn Paul's trust and cooperation?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)