|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
2. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tolerant eye.
(b) With a skeptical eye.
(c) With a careful eye.
(d) With a tainted eye.
3. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Four or five.
(c) One or two.
(d) Three or four.
4. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) An hour.
5. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his failure.
(b) As his reality.
(c) As his imagination.
(d) As his reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
2. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
5. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasoning does the snow give to Paul for the increasing darkness?
2. What are some of the descriptions Paul uses to explain how important his secret is in Part 1?
3. How does Paul describe the sidewalk?
4. What does the snow represent for Paul on his walk home?
5. Where is the snow when Paul first sees it during the examination?
6. What is becoming more difficult for Paul to do, as he describes in Part 2?
7. What are two examples of how Paul views the outside world on his walk home from school?
8. How does the author describe the floor in Paul's room in the last part of the story?
9. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
10. How does the snow take over Paul's room, according to the author's description?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)