|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Paul's secret start?
(a) In February.
(b) In January.
(c) In December.
(d) In November.
2. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
3. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The first hour.
(c) The sky.
(d) The ocean.
4. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A transparent mirage.
(b) A constant array of color.
(c) A random mess.
(d) A solid wall.
5. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It has snow on it.
(c) It is open.
(d) It is closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
2. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
3. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
4. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
5. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author display Paul's intelligence level?
2. What does the snow represent for Paul on his walk home?
3. When does the doctor's visit take place in Part 3, and why is the timing significant?
4. What is it that leads Paul to believe his secret is snow?
5. How does Paul describe his shoes and the steps he is taking?
6. What does Paul surprisingly say at the end of his examination, and why does it cause everyone to become silent?
7. What does Paul's mother tell him at the end of Part 1, and how is his response significant?
8. What is the last thing that Paul sees and hears before the story ends?
9. How is Paul's secret first introduced?
10. When and how did Paul's secret start?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)