|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
2. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Barely audible at the house before his.
(c) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(d) Barely audible at the second house before his.
3. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) A paralyzing beauty.
(b) As necessary requirement.
(c) A restrictive nightmare.
(d) A pointless distraction.
4. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He lends it to people.
(b) He wears it proudly.
(c) He carries it around with him.
(d) He boasts about it to people.
5. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The jungles.
(b) The arctic regions.
(c) The rain forests.
(d) The tropic regions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
2. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
3. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
4. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
5. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the snow describe the story it is about to tell Paul as Silent Snow, Secret Snow ends, and what does the story represent?
2. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
3. What is the first thing that the doctor does, and how does Paul respond to it?
4. How does Paul feel about his parents in Part 1 in relation to his secret?
5. What is Miss Buell teaching, and why is that significant?
6. What does the snow represent for Paul on his walk home?
7. Who is Deirdre, and what does she illustrate for Paul?
8. How is the snow talking to Paul in the beginning of Part 4, and what is it saying?
9. What does Paul's mother observe in Paul, and why is it significant?
10. What are some of the descriptions Paul uses to explain how important his secret is in Part 1?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)