|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
2. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A wall to stand up against.
(b) A door to walk through.
(c) A door to close.
(d) A wall to hide behind.
3. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
(a) Busy yet quiet.
(b) Busy and noisy.
(c) Empty yet loud.
(d) Empty and quiet.
4. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To dust them.
(b) To tie them.
(c) To wash them.
(d) To polish them.
5. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) As necessary requirement.
(b) A restrictive nightmare.
(c) A paralyzing beauty.
(d) A pointless distraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
2. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
3. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
4. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
5. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul think will happen if he tells people about his secret?
2. What is interesting about the weather on Paul's way home, and what does it symbolize?
3. What does Paul's mother attempt to do to help her son in Part 1, and why?
4. How does Part 3 end, and what is the new sound that Paul hears?
5. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
6. What does Paul think happened when the dog walked through the wet cement?
7. What does the doctor have Paul do to test his eyes, and what is the result?
8. How does Paul perceive his parents' tone with the doctor, and why does he find it interesting?
9. What is it that the snow informs Paul he will see, and why?
10. What is the interruption that occurs in Part 4, and how is it received?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)