|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Land of perpetual snow.
(b) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(c) Land of unpredictable snow.
(d) Sea of perpetual snow.
2. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) A paralyzing beauty.
(b) A restrictive nightmare.
(c) As necessary requirement.
(d) A pointless distraction.
3. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
(b) In one consistent pattern.
(c) In many patterns.
4. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
5. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to have a tutor.
(b) He might have to do extra chores.
(c) He might have to go to summer school.
(d) He might have to see a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
2. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
3. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
4. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
5. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's thought process as he observes the gateway?
2. How does Paul describe his walk home in Part 2, and why?
3. What is it that leads Paul to believe his secret is snow?
4. What does Paul think happened when the dog walked through the wet cement?
5. What is the last thing that Paul sees and hears before the story ends?
6. How does Paul view the snow at the beginning of Part 4?
7. What is it that the snow informs Paul he will see, and why?
8. How does the author describe the floor in Paul's room in the last part of the story?
9. How is Silent Snow, Secret Snow's ending similar to its beginning, and why does the story end the way it does?
10. How does Paul perceive his parents' tone with the doctor, and why does he find it interesting?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)