|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
(a) Overwhelm it.
(b) Erase it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Shrink it.
2. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
(a) A direct challenge.
(b) An annoyance.
(c) An absurd thought.
(d) A trap.
3. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
4. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) The pile of snow.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The spiral of snow.
5. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
6. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
(a) A wild innocence.
(b) A wild influence.
(c) A wild interruption.
(d) A wild illusion.
7. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a deer in hunting season.
(b) Like a pet cat.
(c) Like a lowly snake.
(d) Like a trained seal.
8. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(a) Run away.
9. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The door.
(b) The windows.
(c) The lamp.
(d) The bed.
10. In what way does the light fall into the front of Paul's room?
11. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making a mistake.
(c) Making eye contact.
12. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
13. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
14. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(b) Scratching the side of his head.
(c) Scratching his chin.
(d) Scratching the button on his coat.
15. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
2. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
3. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
4. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
5. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)