|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I love you.
(b) I hate you.
(c) I will remember you.
(d) I will miss you.
2. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(a) Not a moment too soon.
(b) Before he is ready for it.
3. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild disturbance.
(b) A cruel setback.
(c) A cruel disturbance.
(d) A mild setback.
4. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(b) As a distant light.
(c) As another world.
(d) As a far away space.
5. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The windows.
(b) The bed.
(c) The door.
(d) The lamp.
6. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From above him.
(b) From his left side.
(c) From all sides at once.
(d) From his right side.
7. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
(a) He needs glasses.
(b) There is a slight sign of eyestrain.
(c) There is no sign of eyestrain.
(d) There are significant signs of eyestrain.
8. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
9. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Sit up.
10. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(b) Scratching the button on his coat.
(c) Scratching his chin.
(d) Scratching the side of his head.
11. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
(a) Recite the alphabet.
(b) Say ah.
(c) Take a deep breath.
(d) Read an eye chart.
12. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) A long story.
(b) A small story.
(c) A true story.
(d) An unbelievable story.
13. What does Paul's world become at the end of the story?
(a) A moving screen of snow.
(b) A still picture of snow.
(c) A disappearing image of snow.
(d) A rotating mirage of snow.
14. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
(a) It separates.
(b) It moves forward.
(c) It increases.
(d) It draws back.
15. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
(b) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(c) That Paul is watching the snow.
(d) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
2. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
3. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
4. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
5. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)