|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
2. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) A small story.
(b) An unbelievable story.
(c) A long story.
(d) A true story.
3. What are the minds of his parents bound to, according to Paul?
(b) The ordinary.
(c) The extraordinary.
4. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
5. What does Paul's world become at the end of the story?
(a) A disappearing image of snow.
(b) A still picture of snow.
(c) A moving screen of snow.
(d) A rotating mirage of snow.
6. In what way does the light fall into the front of Paul's room?
7. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
(b) The beads of light on the window pane.
(c) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(d) The beads of light along the wall.
8. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a far away space.
(b) As another world.
(c) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(d) As a distant light.
9. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Quite all right.
(b) Somewhat all right.
(c) Not quite all right.
(d) Far from all right.
10. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A warning.
(b) A sign.
11. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
12. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching his chin.
(b) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(c) Scratching the side of his head.
(d) Scratching the button on his coat.
13. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Sit up.
(d) Stand up.
14. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Stay here!
(b) Look at the snow!
(c) Stop the snow!
(d) Go away!
15. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
2. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
3. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
4. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
5. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)