|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
2. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) A beautiful steady dance.
(b) An ugly varying dance.
(c) A beautiful varying dance.
(d) An ugly steady dance.
3. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little raft.
(b) As a large stage.
(c) As a little stage.
(d) As a large raft.
4. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets closer.
(c) It gets farther away.
(d) It gets smaller.
5. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Banish them.
(b) Listen to them.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Ignore them.
6. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(a) As a nuisance.
(c) As a joy.
7. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a far away space.
(b) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(c) As a distant light.
(d) As another world.
8. What are the minds of his parents bound to, according to Paul?
(b) The extraordinary.
(d) The ordinary.
9. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a rocket.
(b) Like a gunshot.
(c) Like a fountain.
(d) Like a geyser.
10. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
11. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
12. What does the snow do once it reaches the ceiling?
(a) It falls apart.
(b) It sways.
(c) It sticks to the ceiling.
(d) It falls back down.
13. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
14. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) A true story.
(b) A small story.
(c) An unbelievable story.
(d) A long story.
15. What is Paul's mood at the end of Part 3?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
2. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
3. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
4. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
5. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)