|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making a mistake.
(d) Making eye contact.
2. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
3. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
4. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
5. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Listen to them.
(b) Banish them.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Ignore them.
6. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A sign.
(d) A warning.
7. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
(a) The bed.
(b) The floor.
8. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(b) Run away.
9. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
10. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(a) As a joy.
(c) As a nuisance.
11. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
12. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(c) He thinks it is unfortunate.
(d) He thinks it is warranted.
13. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It streamlines toward one spot.
(b) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(c) It flattens itself out.
(d) It rushes frantically.
14. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From all sides at once.
(b) From his left side.
(c) From his right side.
(d) From above him.
15. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the button on his coat.
(b) Scratching his chin.
(c) Scratching the side of his head.
(d) Scratching the top of his glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
2. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
3. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
4. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
5. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)