|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(b) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(c) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(d) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
2. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets closer.
(c) It gets smaller.
(d) It gets farther away.
3. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(b) As a joy.
(c) As a nuisance.
4. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
(a) An irrational act of judgment.
(b) An unacceptable act of malice.
(c) An act of violent betrayal.
(d) An act of anger and hate.
5. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
6. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a lowly snake.
(b) Like a deer in hunting season.
(c) Like a trained seal.
(d) Like a pet cat.
7. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(b) Before he is ready for it.
(c) Not a moment too soon.
8. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it upside down.
(b) To hold it higher than normal.
(c) To hold it normally.
(d) To hold it lower than normal.
9. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
(a) Shrink it.
(b) Overwhelm it.
(c) Erase it.
(d) Clean it.
10. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With long white arms.
(b) With long transparent arms.
(c) With short transparent arms.
(d) With short white arms.
11. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A warning.
(c) A sign.
12. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
(a) A wild innocence.
(b) A wild illusion.
(c) A wild influence.
(d) A wild interruption.
13. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) In his room.
(b) At school.
(c) In the kitchen.
14. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
15. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
2. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
3. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
4. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
5. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)