|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(c) A warning.
(d) A sign.
2. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
(a) That he is not aware of the questions he will ask.
(b) That he is not seeing anything unusual.
(c) That he will answer his questions.
(d) That he has never felt this strange before.
3. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
4. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a deer in hunting season.
(b) Like a lowly snake.
(c) Like a trained seal.
(d) Like a pet cat.
5. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a rocket.
(b) Like a geyser.
(c) Like a gunshot.
(d) Like a fountain.
6. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(b) Run away.
7. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The corner by the front window.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The corner by the back window.
(d) The stairway.
8. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
9. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
10. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
(a) If he has been sleeping too much.
(b) If anything worries him.
(c) If anything scares him.
(d) If he is having trouble sleeping.
11. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(c) Making a mistake.
(d) Making eye contact.
12. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(a) Not a moment too soon.
(d) Before he is ready for it.
13. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
(a) Take a deep breath.
(b) Read an eye chart.
(c) Recite the alphabet.
(d) Say ah.
14. What is Paul's mood at the end of Part 3?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is troubled.
(d) He is afraid.
15. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
(a) An absurd thought.
(b) A trap.
(c) An annoyance.
(d) A direct challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
2. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
3. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
5. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)