|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the snow's presence different during Paul's examination?
(a) It is louder.
(b) It is heavier.
(c) It is brighter.
(d) It is gentler.
2. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
3. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
4. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Listen to them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Pity them.
5. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From his left side.
(b) From his right side.
(c) From all sides at once.
(d) From above him.
6. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
7. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(b) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(c) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(d) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
8. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
9. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a rocket.
(b) Like a fountain.
(c) Like a gunshot.
(d) Like a geyser.
10. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
(d) Blinking rapidly.
11. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(b) As a nuisance.
(c) As a joy.
12. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a distant light.
(b) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(c) As another world.
(d) As a far away space.
13. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) An ugly varying dance.
(b) An ugly steady dance.
(c) A beautiful varying dance.
(d) A beautiful steady dance.
14. What does the snow ask Paul about the darkness it is creating?
(a) Why can't he see in it?
(b) What does it mean to see in it?
(c) Who would want to see in it?
(d) Who cannot see in it?
15. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) At school.
(b) In his room.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
2. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
3. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
4. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
5. In what way does the light fall into the front of Paul's room?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)