|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
2. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In white waves.
(b) In sudden waves.
(c) In short waves.
(d) In horrific waves.
3. What happens after Paul speaks to his mother for the final time?
(a) The snow continues to take over Paul's thoughts.
(b) The snow begins to fade away.
(c) The snow becomes transparent.
(d) The snow slowly retreats backward.
4. What does Paul eventually begin doing before he answers the doctor's questions?
(c) Blinking rapidly.
5. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(b) The beads of light on the window pane.
(c) The beads of light along the wall.
(d) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
6. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
(b) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(c) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
(d) That Paul is watching the snow.
7. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Stop the snow!
(b) Look at the snow!
(c) Stay here!
(d) Go away!
8. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Sit up.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Stand up.
9. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The reason for his anger.
(b) The story it promised him.
(c) The number of times the postman knocked.
(d) The number of steps that the postman took.
10. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
11. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Not quite all right.
(b) Somewhat all right.
(c) Far from all right.
(d) Quite all right.
12. What is Paul's mood at the end of Part 3?
(a) He is troubled.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is angry.
13. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(c) Run away.
14. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A warning.
(d) A sign.
15. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a far away space.
(b) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(c) As a distant light.
(d) As another world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
2. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
3. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
4. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)