|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
2. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Sit up.
3. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
(a) The following morning after breakfast.
(b) The following morning before breakfast.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Before dinner.
4. What does the snow ask Paul about the darkness it is creating?
(a) Who would want to see in it?
(b) Why can't he see in it?
(c) What does it mean to see in it?
(d) Who cannot see in it?
5. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To tell him something old.
(b) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
(c) To help him lie to the doctor.
(d) To tell him something new.
6. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
7. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From above him.
(b) From his left side.
(c) From his right side.
(d) From all sides at once.
8. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
9. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) An unbelievable story.
(b) A small story.
(c) A true story.
(d) A long story.
10. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
11. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
12. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) His shoes.
(b) The pile of snow.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The spiral of snow.
13. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The reason for his anger.
(b) The number of times the postman knocked.
(c) The number of steps that the postman took.
(d) The story it promised him.
14. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
15. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
2. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
3. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
4. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
5. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)