|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
(a) There is no sign of eyestrain.
(b) There is a slight sign of eyestrain.
(c) He needs glasses.
(d) There are significant signs of eyestrain.
2. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
3. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
4. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The doctor's coat.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The wall.
(d) The doctor's feet.
5. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
(a) Its manners.
(b) Its winter coat.
(c) Its winter hat.
(d) Its disguise.
6. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(b) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
(c) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(d) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
7. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
8. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The windows.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The bed.
(d) The door.
9. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
(a) That he will answer his questions.
(b) That he is not aware of the questions he will ask.
(c) That he is not seeing anything unusual.
(d) That he has never felt this strange before.
10. What are the minds of his parents bound to, according to Paul?
(b) The ordinary.
(d) The extraordinary.
11. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making eye contact.
(b) Making a mistake.
12. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In white waves.
(b) In horrific waves.
(c) In short waves.
(d) In sudden waves.
13. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it upside down.
(b) To hold it normally.
(c) To hold it lower than normal.
(d) To hold it higher than normal.
14. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
(a) Take a deep breath.
(b) Say ah.
(c) Read an eye chart.
(d) Recite the alphabet.
15. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
2. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
3. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
4. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
5. How are the doctor's eyelids as he questions Paul?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)