|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
(a) By keeping his eyes open.
(b) By talking repeatedly.
(c) By closing his eyes.
(d) By running around in circles.
2. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Listen to them.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Ignore them.
3. What fills the night as the author describes?
(a) A prolonged anger.
(b) A prolonged intrusion.
(c) A prolonged sibilance.
(d) A prolonged silence.
4. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a far away space.
(b) As another world.
(c) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(d) As a distant light.
5. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From his right side.
(b) From above him.
(c) From his left side.
(d) From all sides at once.
6. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The door.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The bed.
(d) The windows.
7. How does the snow refer to itself?
8. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
(a) Little Kay of the Skates.
(b) Little Kate of the Skates.
(c) Little Kate of the Rockets.
(d) Little Kay of the Rockets.
9. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Sit up.
(b) Stand up.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Sit down.
10. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
11. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A warning.
(d) A sign.
12. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
13. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
(a) The chattering light.
(b) The talking door.
(c) The humming window.
(d) The loquacious closet.
14. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) An unbelievable story.
(b) A long story.
(c) A true story.
(d) A small story.
15. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
2. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
3. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
4. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
5. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)