|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(b) Scratching his chin.
(c) Scratching the side of his head.
(d) Scratching the button on his coat.
2. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
(a) Little Kate of the Rockets.
(b) Little Kay of the Skates.
(c) Little Kate of the Skates.
(d) Little Kay of the Rockets.
3. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
(b) To help him lie to the doctor.
(c) To tell him something old.
(d) To tell him something new.
4. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) The pile of snow.
(b) The spiral of snow.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His mother's eyes.
5. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it higher than normal.
(b) To hold it normally.
(c) To hold it lower than normal.
(d) To hold it upside down.
6. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With short transparent arms.
(b) With long white arms.
(c) With long transparent arms.
(d) With short white arms.
7. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) In his room.
(c) At school.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) Through the roof.
(b) The window.
(c) The door.
(d) Underneath the bed.
9. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The stairway.
(b) The corner by the back window.
(c) The corner by the front window.
(d) The hallway.
10. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
11. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
(a) It gets smaller.
(b) It gets farther away.
(c) It gets closer.
(d) It gets larger.
12. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(b) He thinks it is warranted.
(c) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(d) He thinks it is unfortunate.
13. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a large raft.
(b) As a little stage.
(c) As a little raft.
(d) As a large stage.
14. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
(a) Sad things about him.
(b) True things about him.
(c) Crazy things about him.
(d) Untrue things about him.
15. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
(b) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(c) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(d) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
2. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
3. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
4. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
5. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)