|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(b) It rushes frantically.
(c) It streamlines toward one spot.
(d) It flattens itself out.
2. What happens after Paul speaks to his mother for the final time?
(a) The snow begins to fade away.
(b) The snow continues to take over Paul's thoughts.
(c) The snow slowly retreats backward.
(d) The snow becomes transparent.
3. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
4. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
(a) If anything worries him.
(b) If anything scares him.
(c) If he is having trouble sleeping.
(d) If he has been sleeping too much.
5. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
(b) The floor.
(c) The bed.
6. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) An ugly steady dance.
(b) A beautiful steady dance.
(c) An ugly varying dance.
(d) A beautiful varying dance.
7. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A warning.
(b) A sign.
8. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
(b) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(c) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
(d) That Paul is watching the snow.
9. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
10. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Sit up.
11. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) The window.
(b) Through the roof.
(c) Underneath the bed.
(d) The door.
12. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
(a) Its manners.
(b) Its disguise.
(c) Its winter hat.
(d) Its winter coat.
13. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild setback.
(b) A cruel disturbance.
(c) A mild disturbance.
(d) A cruel setback.
14. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(b) Making a mistake.
(c) Making eye contact.
15. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(b) Not a moment too soon.
(c) Before he is ready for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
2. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
3. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
4. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
5. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)