|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
2. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Quite all right.
(b) Far from all right.
(c) Not quite all right.
(d) Somewhat all right.
3. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From his right side.
(b) From his left side.
(c) From above him.
(d) From all sides at once.
4. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I love you.
(b) I will remember you.
(c) I hate you.
(d) I will miss you.
5. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
6. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(b) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
(c) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
(d) That Paul is watching the snow.
7. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(b) Scratching the side of his head.
(c) Scratching the button on his coat.
(d) Scratching his chin.
8. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
9. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
10. How is the snow's presence different during Paul's examination?
(a) It is brighter.
(b) It is gentler.
(c) It is heavier.
(d) It is louder.
11. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) His shoes.
(b) The pile of snow.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The spiral of snow.
12. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
(a) A wild illusion.
(b) A wild innocence.
(c) A wild influence.
(d) A wild interruption.
13. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(b) As a nuisance.
(d) As a joy.
14. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
(a) Little Kate of the Skates.
(b) Little Kate of the Rockets.
(c) Little Kay of the Rockets.
(d) Little Kay of the Skates.
15. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
2. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
3. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
4. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)