Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) A beautiful steady dance.
(b) An ugly steady dance.
(c) A beautiful varying dance.
(d) An ugly varying dance.
2. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) The window.
(b) Through the roof.
(c) The door.
(d) Underneath the bed.
3. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
(a) By talking repeatedly.
(b) By running around in circles.
(c) By closing his eyes.
(d) By keeping his eyes open.
4. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light on the window pane.
(b) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
(c) The beads of light along the wall.
(d) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
5. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) At school.
(c) In his room.
6. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Listen to them.
(d) Banish them.
7. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a necessary farce.
(b) It is a ridiculous event.
(c) It is a ridiculous farce.
(d) It is a necessary event.
8. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a geyser.
(b) Like a gunshot.
(c) Like a rocket.
(d) Like a fountain.
9. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
10. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(a) As a nuisance.
(d) As a joy.
11. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
(a) If he has been sleeping too much.
(b) If anything scares him.
(c) If anything worries him.
(d) If he is having trouble sleeping.
12. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The corner by the back window.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The stairway.
(d) The corner by the front window.
13. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In horrific waves.
(b) In white waves.
(c) In short waves.
(d) In sudden waves.
14. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a far away space.
(b) As a distant light.
(c) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(d) As another world.
15. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
(a) The loquacious closet.
(b) The humming window.
(c) The chattering light.
(d) The talking door.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
2. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
3. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
4. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
5. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)