|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
2. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) At school.
(b) In the kitchen.
(d) In his room.
3. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
(a) There is no sign of eyestrain.
(b) There is a slight sign of eyestrain.
(c) There are significant signs of eyestrain.
(d) He needs glasses.
4. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From all sides at once.
(b) From his right side.
(c) From his left side.
(d) From above him.
5. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It streamlines toward one spot.
(b) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(c) It rushes frantically.
(d) It flattens itself out.
6. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets smaller.
(c) It gets farther away.
(d) It gets closer.
7. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(a) As a nuisance.
(b) As a joy.
8. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
9. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
(b) That Paul is watching the snow.
(c) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(d) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
10. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
11. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In sudden waves.
(b) In white waves.
(c) In horrific waves.
(d) In short waves.
12. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Listen to them.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Pity them.
13. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(b) Before he is ready for it.
(c) Not a moment too soon.
14. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Somewhat all right.
(b) Not quite all right.
(c) Quite all right.
(d) Far from all right.
15. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As another world.
(b) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
(c) As a far away space.
(d) As a distant light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
2. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
3. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
4. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
5. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)