|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The number of steps that the postman took.
(b) The reason for his anger.
(c) The story it promised him.
(d) The number of times the postman knocked.
2. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
(a) Its disguise.
(b) Its manners.
(c) Its winter hat.
(d) Its winter coat.
3. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Banish them.
(b) Listen to them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Pity them.
4. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To tell him something new.
(b) To help him lie to the doctor.
(c) To tell him something old.
(d) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
5. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
6. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little stage.
(b) As a little raft.
(c) As a large stage.
(d) As a large raft.
7. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light on the window pane.
(b) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(c) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
(d) The beads of light along the wall.
8. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
(a) It moves forward.
(b) It separates.
(c) It increases.
(d) It draws back.
9. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
(a) Shrink it.
(b) Erase it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Overwhelm it.
10. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
(a) An act of violent betrayal.
(b) An unacceptable act of malice.
(c) An act of anger and hate.
(d) An irrational act of judgment.
11. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The corner by the front window.
(c) The corner by the back window.
(d) The stairway.
12. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
13. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
14. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(a) At school.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild disturbance.
(b) A cruel setback.
(c) A cruel disturbance.
(d) A mild setback.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
2. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
3. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
4. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
5. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)