|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
2. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
(a) A wild interruption.
(b) A wild innocence.
(c) A wild influence.
(d) A wild illusion.
3. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A sign.
(c) A warning.
4. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it normally.
(b) To hold it lower than normal.
(c) To hold it upside down.
(d) To hold it higher than normal.
5. How does the snow refer to itself?
6. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
(a) The chattering light.
(b) The humming window.
(c) The talking door.
(d) The loquacious closet.
7. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a rocket.
(b) Like a gunshot.
(c) Like a fountain.
(d) Like a geyser.
8. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
9. What does the snow say to Paul as it fills almost every aspect of his room?
10. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
(a) That he is not seeing anything unusual.
(b) That he has never felt this strange before.
(c) That he is not aware of the questions he will ask.
(d) That he will answer his questions.
11. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(b) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
(c) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(d) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
12. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From his left side.
(b) From above him.
(c) From his right side.
(d) From all sides at once.
13. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The reason for his anger.
(b) The number of steps that the postman took.
(c) The number of times the postman knocked.
(d) The story it promised him.
14. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(c) Waves at the snow.
15. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a trained seal.
(b) Like a deer in hunting season.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a lowly snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
2. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
3. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
4. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
5. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)