|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
2. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Far from all right.
(b) Somewhat all right.
(c) Quite all right.
(d) Not quite all right.
3. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The stairway.
(c) The corner by the front window.
(d) The corner by the back window.
4. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it higher than normal.
(b) To hold it normally.
(c) To hold it upside down.
(d) To hold it lower than normal.
5. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
(a) Say ah.
(b) Take a deep breath.
(c) Recite the alphabet.
(d) Read an eye chart.
6. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) The following morning after breakfast.
(c) After dinner.
(d) The following morning before breakfast.
7. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A cruel setback.
(b) A mild disturbance.
(c) A mild setback.
(d) A cruel disturbance.
8. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
9. What does Paul's world become at the end of the story?
(a) A still picture of snow.
(b) A moving screen of snow.
(c) A rotating mirage of snow.
(d) A disappearing image of snow.
10. What does the snow do once it reaches the ceiling?
(a) It sticks to the ceiling.
(b) It sways.
(c) It falls back down.
(d) It falls apart.
11. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(b) It rushes frantically.
(c) It streamlines toward one spot.
(d) It flattens itself out.
12. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
13. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
14. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a deer in hunting season.
(b) Like a lowly snake.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a trained seal.
15. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
2. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
3. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
4. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
5. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)