|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
2. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Go away!
(b) Stay here!
(c) Look at the snow!
(d) Stop the snow!
3. Over how many days does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
4. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
(a) An act of anger and hate.
(b) An unacceptable act of malice.
(c) An act of violent betrayal.
(d) An irrational act of judgment.
5. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(c) Waves at the snow.
6. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In horrific waves.
(b) In white waves.
(c) In short waves.
(d) In sudden waves.
7. When does Paul think that the snow arrives in the last part of the story?
(b) Before he is ready for it.
(d) Not a moment too soon.
8. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
9. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
10. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it lower than normal.
(b) To hold it higher than normal.
(c) To hold it normally.
(d) To hold it upside down.
11. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
(a) An unbelievable story.
(b) A long story.
(c) A small story.
(d) A true story.
12. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
13. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making a mistake.
(d) Making eye contact.
14. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
(a) Little Kay of the Rockets.
(b) Little Kay of the Skates.
(c) Little Kate of the Skates.
(d) Little Kate of the Rockets.
15. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The doctor's coat.
(c) The doctor's feet.
(d) The wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
2. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
3. What does Paul's world become at the end of the story?
4. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
5. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)