Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The door.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The bed.
(d) The windows.
2. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) The spiral of snow.
(b) The pile of snow.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His mother's eyes.
3. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild disturbance.
(b) A mild setback.
(c) A cruel setback.
(d) A cruel disturbance.
4. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Look at the snow!
(b) Stay here!
(c) Go away!
(d) Stop the snow!
5. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
6. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a rocket.
(b) Like a geyser.
(c) Like a gunshot.
(d) Like a fountain.
7. How are the doctor's eyelids as he questions Paul?
(c) Wide open.
8. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
9. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The doctor's feet.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The doctor's coat.
(d) The wall.
10. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
(a) The following morning before breakfast.
(b) The following morning after breakfast.
(c) After dinner.
(d) Before dinner.
11. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(a) A sign.
(b) A warning.
12. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a necessary event.
(b) It is a ridiculous farce.
(c) It is a ridiculous event.
(d) It is a necessary farce.
13. What does the snow ask Paul about the darkness it is creating?
(a) Who cannot see in it?
(b) Who would want to see in it?
(c) Why can't he see in it?
(d) What does it mean to see in it?
14. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
(a) A trap.
(b) A direct challenge.
(c) An annoyance.
(d) An absurd thought.
15. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
(b) The beads of light on the window pane.
(c) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(d) The beads of light along the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
2. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
3. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
4. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
5. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)