|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
(b) As a joy.
(c) As a nuisance.
2. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
3. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
(a) The bed.
(c) The floor.
4. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making a mistake.
(d) Making eye contact.
5. What does the snow almost do to the floor?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Overwhelm it.
(c) Erase it.
(d) Shrink it.
6. How does the snow rise to the ceiling of Paul's room?
(a) Like a gunshot.
(b) Like a fountain.
(c) Like a rocket.
(d) Like a geyser.
7. What will the story Paul hears be better than, according to the snow?
(a) Little Kay of the Rockets.
(b) Little Kate of the Skates.
(c) Little Kate of the Rockets.
(d) Little Kay of the Skates.
8. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The bed.
(c) The windows.
(d) The door.
9. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a large raft.
(b) As a little stage.
(c) As a large stage.
(d) As a little raft.
10. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
(a) It gets larger.
(b) It gets closer.
(c) It gets farther away.
(d) It gets smaller.
11. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I hate you.
(b) I will remember you.
(c) I will miss you.
(d) I love you.
12. What does the doctor ask Paul to do in the beginning of his examination?
(a) Recite the alphabet.
(b) Take a deep breath.
(c) Say ah.
(d) Read an eye chart.
13. What has the snow deliberately put on while the doctor questions Paul?
(a) Its disguise.
(b) Its manners.
(c) Its winter coat.
(d) Its winter hat.
14. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
(a) If anything scares him.
(b) If anything worries him.
(c) If he has been sleeping too much.
(d) If he is having trouble sleeping.
15. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
2. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
3. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
4. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
5. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)