|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Banish them.
(c) Listen to them.
(d) Ignore them.
2. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
3. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To tell him something old.
(b) To help him lie to the doctor.
(c) To tell him something new.
(d) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
4. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Stay here!
(b) Go away!
(c) Stop the snow!
(d) Look at the snow!
5. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(b) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(c) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(d) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
6. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
7. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It streamlines toward one spot.
(b) It rushes frantically.
(c) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(d) It flattens itself out.
8. How does the snow tell Paul to prepare for what is coming?
(a) By closing his eyes.
(b) By talking repeatedly.
(c) By keeping his eyes open.
(d) By running around in circles.
9. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a ridiculous farce.
(b) It is a necessary event.
(c) It is a necessary farce.
(d) It is a ridiculous event.
10. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
11. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I will remember you.
(b) I hate you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I will miss you.
12. What happens after Paul speaks to his mother for the final time?
(a) The snow slowly retreats backward.
(b) The snow becomes transparent.
(c) The snow begins to fade away.
(d) The snow continues to take over Paul's thoughts.
13. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
(a) The floor.
(b) The bed.
14. What is the snow doing as it overtakes Paul's room in the beginning of the last part?
15. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With long transparent arms.
(b) With short transparent arms.
(c) With short white arms.
(d) With long white arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
2. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
3. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
4. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
5. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)