|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(c) Waves at the snow.
2. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a ridiculous farce.
(b) It is a necessary event.
(c) It is a necessary farce.
(d) It is a ridiculous event.
3. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
4. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a large stage.
(b) As a little stage.
(c) As a little raft.
(d) As a large raft.
5. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The wall.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The doctor's coat.
(d) The doctor's feet.
6. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a lowly snake.
(b) Like a trained seal.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a deer in hunting season.
7. From where does the snow speak to Paul as he jumps into his bed?
(a) From above him.
(b) From his right side.
(c) From his left side.
(d) From all sides at once.
8. How does the snow approach the floor in the last part of the story?
(a) It makes a funnel and then descends.
(b) It streamlines toward one spot.
(c) It rushes frantically.
(d) It flattens itself out.
9. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
(a) True things about him.
(b) Sad things about him.
(c) Untrue things about him.
(d) Crazy things about him.
10. Where does the snow tell Paul that it will be waiting for him?
(b) At school.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the kitchen.
11. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
12. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Listen to them.
(b) Pity them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Banish them.
13. How are the doctor's eyelids as he questions Paul?
(c) Wide open.
14. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) A beautiful varying dance.
(b) An ugly varying dance.
(c) An ugly steady dance.
(d) A beautiful steady dance.
15. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's world become at the end of the story?
2. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
3. How is the snow's presence different during Paul's examination?
4. What is the snow planning to take the place of?
5. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)