|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
(a) To hold it lower than normal.
(b) To hold it higher than normal.
(c) To hold it normally.
(d) To hold it upside down.
2. What does the doctor ask Paul after he establishes their friendship?
(a) If anything worries him.
(b) If he is having trouble sleeping.
(c) If anything scares him.
(d) If he has been sleeping too much.
3. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a ridiculous event.
(b) It is a necessary farce.
(c) It is a ridiculous farce.
(d) It is a necessary event.
4. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With long white arms.
(b) With short transparent arms.
(c) With short white arms.
(d) With long transparent arms.
5. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(c) Waves at the snow.
6. Where does Paul think the snow's voice is coming from?
(a) The corner by the front window.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The stairway.
(d) The corner by the back window.
7. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(c) He thinks it is warranted.
(d) He thinks it is unfortunate.
8. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
9. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Sit up.
(b) Lie down.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Sit down.
10. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
11. What does the doctor determine about Paul's eyes?
(a) There are significant signs of eyestrain.
(b) There is no sign of eyestrain.
(c) He needs glasses.
(d) There is a slight sign of eyestrain.
12. How does the snow refer to itself?
13. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild setback.
(b) A cruel disturbance.
(c) A cruel setback.
(d) A mild disturbance.
14. What is the interruption of the snow in Part 4 perceived as?
(b) A warning.
(d) A sign.
15. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel when he is rushed at by his mother?
2. What fills the night as the author describes?
3. What does the snow do once it reaches the ceiling?
4. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
5. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)