|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
(a) The following morning before breakfast.
(b) Before dinner.
(c) The following morning after breakfast.
(d) After dinner.
2. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I love you.
(b) I will remember you.
(c) I will miss you.
(d) I hate you.
3. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
(a) He is amused by it.
(b) He is saddened by it.
(c) He is fearful of it.
(d) He is worried by it.
4. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little stage.
(b) As a large raft.
(c) As a little raft.
(d) As a large stage.
5. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
(b) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(c) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(d) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
6. As Paul reads in Part 3, who is the son of Cronus?
7. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With short white arms.
(b) With long transparent arms.
(c) With long white arms.
(d) With short transparent arms.
8. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Waves at the snow.
(c) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
9. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is warranted.
(b) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(c) He thinks it is unfortunate.
(d) He thinks it is unnecessary.
10. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild disturbance.
(b) A cruel setback.
(c) A cruel disturbance.
(d) A mild setback.
11. What does the snow ask Paul if he remembers?
(a) The number of times the postman knocked.
(b) The story it promised him.
(c) The number of steps that the postman took.
(d) The reason for his anger.
12. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
13. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) Through the roof.
(d) Underneath the bed.
14. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(a) Making eye contact.
(c) Making a mistake.
15. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does the snow make at the intrusion in the last part of the story?
2. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
3. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
4. What happens to the story as the snow tells it to Paul?
5. What moves abruptly across the night as Paul retreats to his room?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)