|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
2. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
3. How does the snow advance into Paul's room?
(a) With short white arms.
(b) With short transparent arms.
(c) With long white arms.
(d) With long transparent arms.
4. What does the snow do once it reaches the ceiling?
(a) It sways.
(b) It sticks to the ceiling.
(c) It falls apart.
(d) It falls back down.
5. What is the last thing the snow says to Paul?
6. How is Paul's mother's attempt to help him described?
(a) An unacceptable act of malice.
(b) An irrational act of judgment.
(c) An act of violent betrayal.
(d) An act of anger and hate.
7. What is Paul's mood at the end of Part 3?
(a) He is troubled.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is afraid.
8. What command does Paul direct toward his mother in Part 4?
(a) Stop the snow!
(b) Go away!
(c) Stay here!
(d) Look at the snow!
9. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
(a) That Paul is watching the snow.
(b) That Paul is not taking it seriously.
(c) That Paul is still daydreaming.
(d) That Paul is taking it too seriously.
10. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The doctor's feet.
(c) The doctor's coat.
(d) The wall.
11. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
(a) Make sure that everyone knows about it.
(b) Make sure that no one will interfere.
(c) Make Paul remembers the sunlight again.
(d) Make Paul forget about how white the snow is.
12. What does Paul avoid during his examination?
(b) Making eye contact.
(d) Making a mistake.
13. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A cruel setback.
(b) A mild disturbance.
(c) A cruel disturbance.
(d) A mild setback.
14. How is the floor described in Part 4?
(a) As a little raft.
(b) As a large raft.
(c) As a large stage.
(d) As a little stage.
15. After his father indicates concern, what does Paul think of the doctor's questioning?
(a) It is a ridiculous farce.
(b) It is a necessary farce.
(c) It is a ridiculous event.
(d) It is a necessary event.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is Paul filled with as his mother grabs him?
2. In what way does the light fall into the front of Paul's room?
3. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
4. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
5. Which one of the following descriptions is used to describe a part of Paul's room in Part 4?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)