|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
2. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
3. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The door.
(b) His textbook.
(c) The window.
(d) The blackboard.
4. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White ragged circles.
(b) White centered lines.
(c) White ragged lines.
(d) White perfect circles.
5. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
6. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to do extra chores.
(b) He might have to have a tutor.
(c) He might have to see a doctor.
(d) He might have to go to summer school.
7. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To polish them.
(b) To dust them.
(c) To wash them.
(d) To tie them.
8. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little triangles.
(b) Little rectangles.
(c) Little circles.
(d) Little squares.
9. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets heavier.
(b) It gets lighter.
(c) It gets darker.
(d) It gets brighter.
10. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
11. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
(a) A play.
(b) A great novel.
(c) An epic poem.
(d) A fairy tale.
12. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a skeptical eye.
(b) With a tolerant eye.
(c) With a tainted eye.
(d) With a careful eye.
13. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
(a) The chips.
(b) The hollows.
(c) The dirt.
(d) The cracks.
14. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
15. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
2. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
3. Where is the birdhouse?
4. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
5. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)