|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
2. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The jungles.
(b) The rain forests.
(c) The arctic regions.
(d) The tropic regions.
3. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets lighter.
(b) It gets heavier.
(c) It gets darker.
(d) It gets brighter.
4. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
5. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
(a) The cracks.
(b) The dirt.
(c) The chips.
(d) The hollows.
6. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White perfect circles.
(b) White centered lines.
(c) White ragged circles.
(d) White ragged lines.
7. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(c) The pain of seeing his street.
(d) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
8. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A familiar reassurance.
(b) A new frequency.
(c) A familiar sound.
(d) A new secrecy.
9. What type of inlay is located at the end of the sidewalk?
10. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of education.
(b) A sense of direction.
(c) A sense of humor.
(d) A sense of possession.
11. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To polish them.
(b) To dust them.
(c) To wash them.
(d) To tie them.
12. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) A pen collection.
(b) An apple.
(c) The homework assignments.
(d) A globe.
13. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a skeptical eye.
(b) With a careful eye.
(c) With a tainted eye.
(d) With a tolerant eye.
14. What are the items Paul notices on his walk in comparison to the snow?
(a) A counterpoint.
(d) A fallacy.
15. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A triple life.
(b) A pointless life.
(c) A double life.
(d) A deceptive life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
2. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
3. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
4. What is the mud like in the delta?
5. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)