|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
2. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little triangles.
(b) Little circles.
(c) Little squares.
(d) Little rectangles.
3. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new frequency.
(b) A familiar sound.
(c) A familiar reassurance.
(d) A new secrecy.
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful day.
(b) A beautiful trinket.
(c) A beautiful picture.
(d) A beautiful basket.
5. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The sky.
(c) The first hour.
(d) The ocean.
6. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
(a) In geometrical parallelograms.
(b) In a striped pattern.
(c) In geometrical trapezoids.
(d) In a haphazard pattern.
7. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Grayish and unfriendly.
(b) Reddish and kindly.
(c) Grayish and kindly.
(d) Reddish and unfriendly.
8. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
9. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
10. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
11. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) A globe.
(b) A pen collection.
(c) An apple.
(d) The homework assignments.
12. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
(b) Walking straight.
(c) Following the rules.
13. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The rain forests.
(b) The jungles.
(c) The arctic regions.
(d) The tropic regions.
14. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
(a) Abrupt and soothing.
(b) Long and stinging.
(c) Thinly and softly.
(d) Quickly and sharply.
15. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has dried up.
(b) It has flooded.
(c) It has become dirty.
(d) It has frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
2. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
3. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
4. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
5. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)