|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
(a) If he is becoming paranoid.
(b) If he has ever left his room.
(c) If he has ever seen the snow.
(d) If he is starting to hallucinate.
2. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are a disturbance.
(b) They are a distraction.
(c) They are a pleasure.
(d) They are unacceptable.
3. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) A determined gaze.
(b) An incomparable gaze.
(c) A focused gaze.
(d) An uncomprehending gaze.
4. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A solid wall.
(b) A random mess.
(c) A transparent mirage.
(d) A constant array of color.
5. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Walk away from the house.
(b) Run down the street.
(d) Round the corner.
6. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever joy it brings others.
(b) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(c) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(d) At whatever pain it causes to others.
7. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
8. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Waking up.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Eating lunch.
9. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
10. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
(a) He finds it amusing.
(b) He finds it confusing.
(c) He finds it distracting.
(d) He finds it annoying.
11. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
12. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(a) A new lamp.
(b) A new set of shutters.
(d) A bell.
13. What kind of boots does the postman have?
14. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His 2 front feet.
(b) His tail wagging.
(c) His 2 rear feet.
(d) His barking.
15. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
2. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
3. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
4. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
5. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)