|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is closed.
(c) It is open.
(d) It has snow on it.
2. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
3. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
4. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to go to summer school.
(b) He might have to do extra chores.
(c) He might have to see a doctor.
(d) He might have to have a tutor.
5. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
(b) If he will hear the postman.
(c) If the postman will skip his house.
(d) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
6. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
(a) That he can see his father.
(b) That he can see his mother.
(c) That he can see his bedroom wall.
(d) That he can see himself.
7. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
8. How does Paul feel at the end of Part 2?
9. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Casey's Ointment.
(b) By Cooper's Ointment.
(c) By Caley's Ointment.
(d) By Crowley's Ointment.
10. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
11. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably terrifying.
(b) Unmistakably satisfying.
(c) Deliciously satisfying.
(d) Deliciously terrifying.
12. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
13. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of direction.
(b) A sense of humor.
(c) A sense of education.
(d) A sense of possession.
14. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
15. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The first hour.
(c) The sky.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
2. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
3. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
4. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
5. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)