|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A familiar one.
(b) A healthy one.
(c) A sickly one.
(d) A curious one.
2. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(a) A new lamp.
(b) A new set of shutters.
(d) A bell.
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
(b) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(c) It is too warm for the birds.
(d) It is too small for the birds.
5. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
6. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) An hour.
(b) A half hour.
(c) An hour and a half.
(d) Forty minutes.
7. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little squares.
(b) Little circles.
(c) Little triangles.
(d) Little rectangles.
8. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
9. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) An incomparable gaze.
(b) A determined gaze.
(c) A focused gaze.
(d) An uncomprehending gaze.
10. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
11. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) A paralyzing beauty.
(b) A restrictive nightmare.
(c) A pointless distraction.
(d) As necessary requirement.
12. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
13. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets darker.
(b) It gets heavier.
(c) It gets brighter.
(d) It gets lighter.
14. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
15. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A transparent mirage.
(b) A random mess.
(c) A solid wall.
(d) A constant array of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boots does the postman have?
2. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
3. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
4. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
5. What is the mud like in the delta?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)