|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably terrifying.
(b) Deliciously terrifying.
(c) Deliciously satisfying.
(d) Unmistakably satisfying.
2. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
3. What kind of boots does the postman have?
4. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) His textbook.
(b) The window.
(c) The door.
(d) The blackboard.
5. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Caley's Ointment.
(b) By Casey's Ointment.
(c) By Cooper's Ointment.
(d) By Crowley's Ointment.
6. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels contempt for her.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He feels closer to her than before.
(d) He feels resentment toward her.
7. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
8. When did Paul's secret start?
(a) In February.
(b) In December.
(c) In January.
(d) In November.
9. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The hollows.
(c) The chips.
(d) The cracks.
10. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
(a) Face the sun.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Stay warm.
(d) Get out of bed.
11. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
12. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To wash them.
(b) To polish them.
(c) To tie them.
(d) To dust them.
13. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A solid wall.
(b) A transparent mirage.
(c) A random mess.
(d) A constant array of color.
14. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the cherry tree.
(d) In the apple tree.
15. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul view his secret as?
2. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
3. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
4. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
5. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)