|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Four or five.
(c) One or two.
(d) Two or three.
2. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his imagination.
(b) As his reward.
(c) As his failure.
(d) As his reality.
3. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
4. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
(b) If he will hear the postman.
(c) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
(d) If the postman will skip his house.
5. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
6. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
7. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets lighter.
(b) It gets heavier.
(c) It gets darker.
(d) It gets brighter.
8. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
9. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
(a) An epic poem.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A great novel.
(d) A play.
10. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) An hour.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) A half hour.
(d) Forty minutes.
11. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
12. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
13. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
(a) To disobey them.
(b) To ignore them.
(c) To be kind to them.
(d) To belittle them.
14. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Barely audible at the house before his.
(c) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(d) Strangely quiet in the rain.
15. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(c) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(d) The pain of seeing his street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
2. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
3. Where is the birdhouse?
4. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
5. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)