|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) An explorer.
(b) An Eskimo.
(c) A polar bear.
(d) A hockey player.
2. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain generous.
(b) To remain selfish.
(c) To remain resolute.
(d) To remain focused.
3. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
4. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A familiar reassurance.
(b) A new secrecy.
(c) A familiar sound.
(d) A new frequency.
5. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
6. What are the items Paul notices on his walk in comparison to the snow?
(a) A fallacy.
(d) A counterpoint.
7. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
8. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
9. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(c) The pain of seeing his street.
(d) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
10. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the cherry tree.
(c) In the apple tree.
(d) On the porch.
11. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
12. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little triangles.
(b) Little rectangles.
(c) Little circles.
(d) Little squares.
13. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
14. When did Paul's secret start?
(a) In December.
(b) In January.
(c) In November.
(d) In February.
15. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is too small for the birds.
(b) It is too warm for the birds.
(c) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
2. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
3. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
4. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
5. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)