|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
2. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
3. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) A pointless distraction.
(b) A restrictive nightmare.
(c) A paralyzing beauty.
(d) As necessary requirement.
4. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the cherry tree.
(c) In the apple tree.
(d) On the porch.
5. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
6. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
7. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
8. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Waking up.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Going to sleep.
9. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A sickly one.
(b) A familiar one.
(c) A curious one.
(d) A healthy one.
10. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(b) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(c) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(d) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
11. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To polish them.
(b) To wash them.
(c) To dust them.
(d) To tie them.
12. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A letter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A flyer.
13. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(b) At whatever joy it brings others.
(c) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(d) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
14. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The first morning.
(c) The sky.
(d) The first hour.
15. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The door.
(b) The window.
(c) The blackboard.
(d) His textbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
2. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
3. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
4. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
5. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)