|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
(a) Busy yet quiet.
(b) Empty yet loud.
(c) Busy and noisy.
(d) Empty and quiet.
2. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become smoother.
(b) They become clearer.
(c) They become muffled.
(d) They become hidden.
3. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) An apple.
(b) The homework assignments.
(c) A globe.
(d) A pen collection.
4. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Land of unpredictable snow.
(b) Sea of perpetual snow.
(c) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(d) Land of perpetual snow.
5. How does Paul feel at the end of Part 2?
6. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little triangles.
(b) Little rectangles.
(c) Little circles.
(d) Little squares.
7. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A random mess.
(b) A constant array of color.
(c) A transparent mirage.
(d) A solid wall.
8. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
(a) It is open.
(b) It has snow on it.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is closed.
9. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
10. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
11. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
(a) A plastic man.
(b) A plastic sign.
(c) A cardboard sign.
(d) A cardboard man.
12. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
13. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
14. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Cooper's Ointment.
(b) By Crowley's Ointment.
(c) By Casey's Ointment.
(d) By Caley's Ointment.
15. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(b) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(c) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(d) At whatever joy it brings others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
2. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
3. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
4. When did Paul's secret start?
5. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)