Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
2. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the cold dead wood.
(b) To feel the warm living wood.
(c) To feel the cold living wood.
(d) To feel the warm dead wood.
3. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His 2 rear feet.
(b) His barking.
(c) His 2 front feet.
(d) His tail wagging.
4. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(b) Land of unpredictable snow.
(c) Sea of perpetual snow.
(d) Land of perpetual snow.
5. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become muffled.
(b) They become hidden.
(c) They become clearer.
(d) They become smoother.
6. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more distinct.
(b) They gradually become less annoying.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more indistinct.
7. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) An Eskimo.
(b) A hockey player.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A polar bear.
8. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
9. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) The homework assignments.
(b) An apple.
(c) A globe.
(d) A pen collection.
10. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(b) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(c) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
11. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(b) Round the corner.
(c) Walk away from the house.
(d) Run down the street.
12. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A curious one.
(b) A healthy one.
(c) A familiar one.
(d) A sickly one.
13. What are the items Paul notices on his walk in comparison to the snow?
(c) A counterpoint.
(d) A fallacy.
14. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Reddish and unfriendly.
(b) Grayish and kindly.
(c) Reddish and kindly.
(d) Grayish and unfriendly.
15. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To dust them.
(b) To wash them.
(c) To polish them.
(d) To tie them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
2. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
3. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
4. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
5. When did Paul's secret start?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)