|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The rain forests.
(b) The arctic regions.
(c) The tropic regions.
(d) The jungles.
2. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
5. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little circles.
(b) Little squares.
(c) Little rectangles.
(d) Little triangles.
6. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
7. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) As necessary requirement.
(b) A paralyzing beauty.
(c) A restrictive nightmare.
(d) A pointless distraction.
8. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A wall to stand up against.
(b) A wall to hide behind.
(c) A door to close.
(d) A door to walk through.
9. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
10. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White centered lines.
(b) White perfect circles.
(c) White ragged circles.
(d) White ragged lines.
11. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
(a) That he can see his mother.
(b) That he can see himself.
(c) That he can see his father.
(d) That he can see his bedroom wall.
12. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
13. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(b) A bell.
(c) A new lamp.
(d) A new set of shutters.
14. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Deliciously terrifying.
(b) Unmistakably terrifying.
(c) Deliciously satisfying.
(d) Unmistakably satisfying.
15. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paul arrives at his house in Part 2, what does he feel about the one thing he had looked forward to?
2. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
5. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)