|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
2. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
3. How does Paul feel at the end of Part 2?
4. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Casey's Ointment.
(b) By Caley's Ointment.
(c) By Crowley's Ointment.
(d) By Cooper's Ointment.
6. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little circles.
(b) Little rectangles.
(c) Little squares.
(d) Little triangles.
7. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A familiar reassurance.
(b) A new secrecy.
(c) A new frequency.
(d) A familiar sound.
8. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
9. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
(a) A play.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A great novel.
(d) An epic poem.
10. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
11. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
(a) Brick, plaster, and stone.
(b) Wood, plastic, and stone.
(c) Wood, plaster, and stone.
(d) Brick, plastic, and stone.
12. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(b) Strangely loud in the snow.
(c) Barely audible at the house before his.
(d) Barely audible at the second house before his.
13. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He carries it around with him.
(b) He wears it proudly.
(c) He boasts about it to people.
(d) He lends it to people.
14. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
15. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become less annoying.
(b) They gradually become more distinct.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more indistinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
4. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
5. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)