|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of humor.
(b) A sense of possession.
(c) A sense of education.
(d) A sense of direction.
2. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
3. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
4. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
(a) The dirt.
(b) The chips.
(c) The cracks.
(d) The hollows.
5. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A letter.
(b) A flyer.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A magazine.
6. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
7. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
(a) A fairy tale.
(b) An epic poem.
(c) A play.
(d) A great novel.
8. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
(a) Wood, plaster, and stone.
(b) Brick, plaster, and stone.
(c) Brick, plastic, and stone.
(d) Wood, plastic, and stone.
9. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
10. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever joy it brings others.
(b) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(c) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(d) At whatever confusion it brings others.
11. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
(a) A cardboard man.
(b) A plastic man.
(c) A cardboard sign.
(d) A plastic sign.
12. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) As necessary requirement.
(b) A paralyzing beauty.
(c) A restrictive nightmare.
(d) A pointless distraction.
13. Where does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
(a) In Minnesota.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In Paul's mind.
(d) In Wisconsin.
14. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White centered lines.
(b) White ragged lines.
(c) White ragged circles.
(d) White perfect circles.
15. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
2. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
3. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
4. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
5. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)