|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably terrifying.
(b) Deliciously terrifying.
(c) Deliciously satisfying.
(d) Unmistakably satisfying.
2. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The rain forests.
(b) The tropic regions.
(c) The arctic regions.
(d) The jungles.
3. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A letter.
4. How does Paul feel at the end of Part 2?
5. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the cherry tree.
(c) In the apple tree.
(d) On the porch.
6. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
7. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) A focused gaze.
(b) A determined gaze.
(c) An incomparable gaze.
(d) An uncomprehending gaze.
8. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White ragged circles.
(b) White centered lines.
(c) White ragged lines.
(d) White perfect circles.
9. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain focused.
(b) To remain resolute.
(c) To remain selfish.
(d) To remain generous.
10. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(b) Round the corner.
(c) Walk away from the house.
(d) Run down the street.
11. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
(a) In one consistent pattern.
(c) In many patterns.
12. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
13. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) A polar bear.
(b) An Eskimo.
(c) A hockey player.
(d) An explorer.
14. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
(a) If he is becoming paranoid.
(b) If he has ever seen the snow.
(c) If he is starting to hallucinate.
(d) If he has ever left his room.
15. Where does Silent Snow, Secret Snow take place?
(a) In Minnesota.
(b) In a dream.
(c) In Paul's mind.
(d) In Wisconsin.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paul arrives at his house in Part 2, what does he feel about the one thing he had looked forward to?
2. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
3. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
4. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
5. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)