|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of inlay is located at the end of the sidewalk?
2. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
3. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is too warm for the birds.
(b) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(c) It is too small for the birds.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
4. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
5. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Run down the street.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(c) Round the corner.
6. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
7. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
8. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
9. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
10. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tolerant eye.
(b) With a tainted eye.
(c) With a careful eye.
(d) With a skeptical eye.
11. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the cold living wood.
(b) To feel the warm dead wood.
(c) To feel the warm living wood.
(d) To feel the cold dead wood.
12. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
13. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To wash them.
(b) To dust them.
(c) To polish them.
(d) To tie them.
14. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Deliciously satisfying.
(b) Unmistakably terrifying.
(c) Deliciously terrifying.
(d) Unmistakably satisfying.
15. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If he will hear the postman.
(b) If the postman will skip his house.
(c) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
(d) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
2. What kind of boots does the postman have?
3. What does Paul view his secret as?
4. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
5. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)