|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become smoother.
(b) They become clearer.
(c) They become muffled.
(d) They become hidden.
4. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are a pleasure.
(b) They are unacceptable.
(c) They are a disturbance.
(d) They are a distraction.
5. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The window.
(b) The blackboard.
(c) His textbook.
(d) The door.
6. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Unmistakably terrifying.
(b) Deliciously terrifying.
(c) Deliciously satisfying.
(d) Unmistakably satisfying.
7. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the cherry tree.
(b) In the yard.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In the apple tree.
8. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
(b) It is too warm for the birds.
(c) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(d) It is too small for the birds.
9. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
(a) It is closed.
(b) It is open.
(c) It has snow on it.
(d) It is dirty.
10. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(c) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(d) Barely audible at the house before his.
11. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
(a) He finds it annoying.
(b) He finds it amusing.
(c) He finds it distracting.
(d) He finds it confusing.
12. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
(a) In a haphazard pattern.
(b) In geometrical parallelograms.
(c) In geometrical trapezoids.
(d) In a striped pattern.
13. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
14. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
15. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(b) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(c) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(d) The pain of seeing his street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
2. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
3. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
4. What kind of sparrows does Paul see?
5. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)