|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Crowley's Ointment.
(b) By Casey's Ointment.
(c) By Cooper's Ointment.
(d) By Caley's Ointment.
2. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
3. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more indistinct.
(b) They gradually become more distinct.
(c) They gradually become less annoying.
(d) They gradually become more annoying.
4. What does Paul think the snow is in Part 2?
(a) As necessary requirement.
(b) A pointless distraction.
(c) A paralyzing beauty.
(d) A restrictive nightmare.
5. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his reward.
(b) As his reality.
(c) As his failure.
(d) As his imagination.
6. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(b) The pain of seeing his street.
(c) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(d) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
7. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
8. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Round the corner.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(c) Run down the street.
9. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Three or four.
(b) One or two.
(c) Four or five.
(d) Two or three.
10. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
11. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) The homework assignments.
(b) A pen collection.
(c) A globe.
(d) An apple.
12. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
13. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tainted eye.
(b) With a careful eye.
(c) With a tolerant eye.
(d) With a skeptical eye.
14. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
(b) In one consistent pattern.
(c) In many patterns.
15. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His 2 front feet.
(b) His tail wagging.
(c) His barking.
(d) His 2 rear feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
2. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
3. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
4. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
5. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)