|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
(b) In many patterns.
(d) In one consistent pattern.
2. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first hour.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The sky.
(d) The first morning.
5. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) He feels contempt for her.
(c) He feels resentment toward her.
(d) He feels closer to her than before.
6. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(b) It is too small for the birds.
(c) It is too warm for the birds.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
7. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
(a) To polish them.
(b) To wash them.
(c) To tie them.
(d) To dust them.
8. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(c) The pain of seeing his street.
(d) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
9. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White centered lines.
(b) White ragged lines.
(c) White perfect circles.
(d) White ragged circles.
10. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Waking up.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Going to sleep.
11. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
12. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
13. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Grayish and unfriendly.
(b) Reddish and kindly.
(c) Grayish and kindly.
(d) Reddish and unfriendly.
14. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to go to summer school.
(b) He might have to do extra chores.
(c) He might have to see a doctor.
(d) He might have to have a tutor.
15. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Round the corner.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(d) Run down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
2. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
3. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
4. Where is the birdhouse?
5. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)