|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
(a) It increases.
(b) It moves forward.
(c) It draws back.
(d) It separates.
2. What fills the night as the author describes?
(a) A prolonged silence.
(b) A prolonged anger.
(c) A prolonged intrusion.
(d) A prolonged sibilance.
3. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
(a) An absurd thought.
(b) A trap.
(c) An annoyance.
(d) A direct challenge.
4. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little circles.
(b) Little squares.
(c) Little triangles.
(d) Little rectangles.
5. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
2. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
3. Why is the birdhouse empty?
4. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
5. What are the minds of his parents bound to, according to Paul?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)