|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
2. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become smoother.
(b) They become muffled.
(c) They become hidden.
(d) They become clearer.
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(b) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
(c) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(d) Peace, closeness, and cold.
5. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
2. What kind of boots does the postman have?
3. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
4. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
5. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)