|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul respond when the doctor asks how he is feeling?
(a) Far from all right.
(b) Quite all right.
(c) Somewhat all right.
(d) Not quite all right.
2. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
(a) Scratching the top of his glasses.
(b) Scratching his chin.
(c) Scratching the side of his head.
(d) Scratching the button on his coat.
3. What kind of dance begins at the front of Paul's room?
(a) An ugly steady dance.
(b) A beautiful steady dance.
(c) A beautiful varying dance.
(d) An ugly varying dance.
4. How is the life Paul used to live labeled in the ending of the story?
(a) As a distant light.
(b) As a far away space.
(c) As another world.
(d) As a dimly lit sanctuary.
5. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the warm dead wood.
(b) To feel the warm living wood.
(c) To feel the cold living wood.
(d) To feel the cold dead wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the items Paul notices on his walk in comparison to the snow?
2. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
3. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
4. What does the snow first tell Paul to do in Part 4?
5. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)