|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(b) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(c) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(d) At whatever joy it brings others.
2. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are a pleasure.
(b) They are unacceptable.
(c) They are a distraction.
(d) They are a disturbance.
3. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(b) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(c) Barely audible at the house before his.
(d) Strangely loud in the snow.
4. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
5. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To help him lie to the doctor.
(b) To tell him something new.
(c) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
(d) To tell him something old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
2. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
3. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
4. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
5. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)