|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(b) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(c) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
2. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
(a) That he will answer his questions.
(b) That he is not seeing anything unusual.
(c) That he is not aware of the questions he will ask.
(d) That he has never felt this strange before.
3. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
4. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets lighter.
(b) It gets brighter.
(c) It gets darker.
(d) It gets heavier.
5. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A solid wall.
(b) A transparent mirage.
(c) A random mess.
(d) A constant array of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
2. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
3. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
4. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
5. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)