|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A random mess.
(b) A transparent mirage.
(c) A solid wall.
(d) A constant array of color.
2. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
(a) The beads of light in the doctor's eyes.
(b) The beads of light along the wall.
(c) The beads of light on the window pane.
(d) The beads of light in his mother's eyes.
3. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The doctor's feet.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The wall.
(d) The doctor's coat.
4. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the apple tree.
(b) In the yard.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In the cherry tree.
5. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a trained seal.
(b) Like a deer in hunting season.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a lowly snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
2. What does Paul consider to be his mother's question concerning what he is thinking about?
3. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
4. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
5. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)