|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
(a) Abrupt and soothing.
(b) Thinly and softly.
(c) Quickly and sharply.
(d) Long and stinging.
2. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels resentment toward her.
(b) He feels closer to her than before.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) He feels contempt for her.
3. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Two or three.
(b) One or two.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Four or five.
4. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of possession.
(b) A sense of education.
(c) A sense of direction.
(d) A sense of humor.
5. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
(a) That he can see his father.
(b) That he can see his bedroom wall.
(c) That he can see himself.
(d) That he can see his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
2. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
3. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
4. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
5. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)