|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
2. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain selfish.
(b) To remain resolute.
(c) To remain generous.
(d) To remain focused.
3. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful picture.
(b) A beautiful basket.
(c) A beautiful day.
(d) A beautiful trinket.
5. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Three or four.
(b) One or two.
(c) Four or five.
(d) Two or three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
2. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
3. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
4. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
5. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)