|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(c) Barely audible at the house before his.
(d) Barely audible at the second house before his.
2. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(b) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(c) At whatever joy it brings others.
(d) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
3. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful basket.
(b) A beautiful picture.
(c) A beautiful day.
(d) A beautiful trinket.
4. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his imagination.
(b) As his reality.
(c) As his failure.
(d) As his reward.
5. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A letter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A flyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
4. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
5. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)