|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(b) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(c) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(d) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
2. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new frequency.
(b) A familiar sound.
(c) A familiar reassurance.
(d) A new secrecy.
3. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A flyer.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
5. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
(b) It is too small for the birds.
(c) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(d) It is too warm for the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
2. When did Paul's secret start?
3. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
4. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
5. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)