|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A triple life.
(b) A deceptive life.
(c) A pointless life.
(d) A double life.
2. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Four or five.
(d) One or two.
3. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A healthy one.
(b) A curious one.
(c) A sickly one.
(d) A familiar one.
4. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the apple tree.
(c) In the cherry tree.
(d) On the porch.
5. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) An uncomprehending gaze.
(b) A determined gaze.
(c) An incomparable gaze.
(d) A focused gaze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
2. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
3. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
4. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
5. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)