|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has dried up.
(b) It has become dirty.
(c) It has frozen.
(d) It has flooded.
2. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pain of seeing his street.
(c) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(d) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
3. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
(a) Long and stinging.
(b) Abrupt and soothing.
(c) Quickly and sharply.
(d) Thinly and softly.
4. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A letter.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A newspaper.
5. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A door to close.
(b) A wall to hide behind.
(c) A door to walk through.
(d) A wall to stand up against.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
2. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
3. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
4. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
5. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)