|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
(a) If he is becoming paranoid.
(b) If he has ever seen the snow.
(c) If he is starting to hallucinate.
(d) If he has ever left his room.
4. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new frequency.
(b) A new secrecy.
(c) A familiar reassurance.
(d) A familiar sound.
5. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(b) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(c) At whatever joy it brings others.
(d) At whatever pain it causes to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
2. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
5. What does Paul view his secret as?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)