|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
2. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
3. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A solid wall.
(b) A constant array of color.
(c) A random mess.
(d) A transparent mirage.
4. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first hour.
(b) The sky.
(c) The first morning.
(d) The ocean.
5. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels contempt for her.
(b) He feels closer to her than before.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) He feels resentment toward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
2. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
3. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
4. As Paul arrives at his house in Part 2, what does he feel about the one thing he had looked forward to?
5. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)