|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
2. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets lighter.
(b) It gets darker.
(c) It gets brighter.
(d) It gets heavier.
3. When did Paul's secret start?
(a) In February.
(b) In December.
(c) In November.
(d) In January.
4. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
(b) In one consistent pattern.
(d) In many patterns.
5. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A familiar one.
(b) A healthy one.
(c) A curious one.
(d) A sickly one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
2. What kind of boots does the postman have?
3. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
4. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
5. As Paul arrives at his house in Part 2, what does he feel about the one thing he had looked forward to?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)