|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing his street.
(b) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(c) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(d) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
2. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has become dirty.
(b) It has dried up.
(c) It has flooded.
(d) It has frozen.
3. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Reddish and unfriendly.
(b) Grayish and unfriendly.
(c) Reddish and kindly.
(d) Grayish and kindly.
4. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He carries it around with him.
(b) He lends it to people.
(c) He wears it proudly.
(d) He boasts about it to people.
5. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If he will hear the postman.
(b) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
(c) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
(d) If the postman will skip his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
2. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
3. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
4. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
5. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)