|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more distinct.
(b) They gradually become less annoying.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more indistinct.
2. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
3. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
4. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels contempt for her.
(b) He feels resentment toward her.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) He feels closer to her than before.
5. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
2. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
3. How does Paul feel at the end of Part 2?
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
5. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)