|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Paul's secret start?
(a) In December.
(b) In November.
(c) In February.
(d) In January.
2. As Paul observes, what are the garden walls made of?
(a) Wood, plastic, and stone.
(b) Brick, plaster, and stone.
(c) Brick, plastic, and stone.
(d) Wood, plaster, and stone.
3. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(b) A new lamp.
(c) A new set of shutters.
(d) A bell.
4. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White perfect circles.
(b) White centered lines.
(c) White ragged lines.
(d) White ragged circles.
5. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become muffled.
(b) They become hidden.
(c) They become clearer.
(d) They become smoother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
2. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
3. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
4. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
5. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)