|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
2. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) His textbook.
(d) The blackboard.
3. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(b) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(c) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(d) The pain of seeing his street.
4. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a skeptical eye.
(b) With a careful eye.
(c) With a tainted eye.
(d) With a tolerant eye.
5. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) An hour.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) A half hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
2. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
3. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
4. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
5. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)