|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) A determined gaze.
(b) A focused gaze.
(c) An uncomprehending gaze.
(d) An incomparable gaze.
2. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little triangles.
(b) Little squares.
(c) Little circles.
(d) Little rectangles.
3. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
4. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Sea of perpetual snow.
(b) Land of unpredictable snow.
(c) Land of perpetual snow.
(d) Sea of unpredictable snow.
5. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(b) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(c) At whatever joy it brings others.
(d) At whatever pain it causes to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
2. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
3. What has Paul neglected about his shoes?
4. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
5. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)