|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
2. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(b) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(c) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(d) The inability to hear his mother and father.
3. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new secrecy.
(b) A familiar reassurance.
(c) A new frequency.
(d) A familiar sound.
4. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
(a) To belittle them.
(b) To be kind to them.
(c) To disobey them.
(d) To ignore them.
5. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A half hour.
(d) An hour and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
2. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
3. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
4. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
5. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)