|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
2. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is too warm for the birds.
(b) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(c) It is too small for the birds.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
3. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A random mess.
(b) A solid wall.
(c) A transparent mirage.
(d) A constant array of color.
4. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) An Eskimo.
(b) A hockey player.
(c) A polar bear.
(d) An explorer.
5. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
2. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
3. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
4. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
5. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)