|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Casey's Ointment.
(b) By Crowley's Ointment.
(c) By Caley's Ointment.
(d) By Cooper's Ointment.
2. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the warm dead wood.
(b) To feel the cold dead wood.
(c) To feel the cold living wood.
(d) To feel the warm living wood.
3. What kind of twigs are in the delta?
4. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are a distraction.
(b) They are a pleasure.
(c) They are a disturbance.
(d) They are unacceptable.
5. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(b) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(c) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(d) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boots does the postman have?
2. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
3. What type of inlay is located at the end of the sidewalk?
4. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
5. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)