|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paul deliberately delaying on the way home from school?
(a) The pleasure of talking to the postman about snow.
(b) The pain of seeing no snow on his roof.
(c) The pleasure of seeing his own street.
(d) The pain of seeing his street.
2. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever joy it brings others.
(b) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(c) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(d) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
3. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Run down the street.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(d) Round the corner.
4. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(c) Barely audible at the house before his.
(d) Barely audible at the second house before his.
5. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mud like in the delta?
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
4. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
5. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)