|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A letter.
2. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the cold living wood.
(b) To feel the warm living wood.
(c) To feel the cold dead wood.
(d) To feel the warm dead wood.
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
(a) A random mess.
(b) A constant array of color.
(c) A solid wall.
(d) A transparent mirage.
5. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) A focused gaze.
(b) An uncomprehending gaze.
(c) A determined gaze.
(d) An incomparable gaze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
2. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
3. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
4. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
5. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)