|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
2. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The sky.
(d) The first hour.
3. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new secrecy.
(b) A familiar reassurance.
(c) A new frequency.
(d) A familiar sound.
4. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tolerant eye.
(b) With a skeptical eye.
(c) With a tainted eye.
(d) With a careful eye.
5. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
(a) His 2 front feet.
(b) His barking.
(c) His 2 rear feet.
(d) His tail wagging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
2. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
3. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
4. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
5. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)