|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(b) At whatever joy it brings others.
(c) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(d) At whatever pain it causes to others.
2. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to do extra chores.
(b) He might have to have a tutor.
(c) He might have to go to summer school.
(d) He might have to see a doctor.
3. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
(a) That he can see his father.
(b) That he can see his bedroom wall.
(c) That he can see himself.
(d) That he can see his mother.
4. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain focused.
(b) To remain selfish.
(c) To remain generous.
(d) To remain resolute.
5. How many houses does Paul discover come before his own on the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
2. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
3. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
4. What kind of boots does the postman have?
5. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)