|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
(a) A curious one.
(b) A sickly one.
(c) A familiar one.
(d) A healthy one.
2. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(b) A bell.
(c) A new set of shutters.
(d) A new lamp.
3. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(b) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(c) At whatever joy it brings others.
(d) At whatever confusion it brings others.
4. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White ragged lines.
(b) White perfect circles.
(c) White centered lines.
(d) White ragged circles.
5. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) An hour.
(b) A half hour.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) An hour and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
2. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
3. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
4. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
5. What does Paul view his secret as?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)