|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more indistinct.
(b) They gradually become more distinct.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become less annoying.
2. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
4. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Round the corner.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(d) Run down the street.
5. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He boasts about it to people.
(b) He lends it to people.
(c) He carries it around with him.
(d) He wears it proudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
2. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
3. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
4. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
5. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)