|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He carries it around with him.
(b) He lends it to people.
(c) He wears it proudly.
(d) He boasts about it to people.
2. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
3. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
(a) Walking straight.
(d) Following the rules.
4. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The window.
(b) His textbook.
(c) The door.
(d) The blackboard.
5. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(b) Sea of perpetual snow.
(c) Land of unpredictable snow.
(d) Land of perpetual snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
2. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
3. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
4. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
5. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)