|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
2. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Two or three.
(c) One or two.
(d) Four or five.
3. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) An Eskimo.
(b) A hockey player.
(c) A polar bear.
(d) An explorer.
4. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A wall to hide behind.
(b) A door to close.
(c) A wall to stand up against.
(d) A door to walk through.
5. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Round the corner.
(b) Walk away from the house.
(d) Run down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
2. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
5. What kind of boots does the postman have?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)