|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) A half hour.
(d) An hour.
2. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The door.
(b) His textbook.
(c) The blackboard.
(d) The window.
3. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A deceptive life.
(b) A triple life.
(c) A pointless life.
(d) A double life.
4. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Run down the street.
(c) Walk away from the house.
(d) Round the corner.
5. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become smoother.
(b) They become clearer.
(c) They become hidden.
(d) They become muffled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
2. What kind of boots does the postman have?
3. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
4. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
5. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)