|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful day.
(b) A beautiful trinket.
(c) A beautiful picture.
(d) A beautiful basket.
2. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A triple life.
(b) A pointless life.
(c) A double life.
(d) A deceptive life.
5. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
2. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
3. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
4. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
5. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)