|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) His textbook.
(b) The door.
(c) The blackboard.
(d) The window.
2. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The first hour.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The sky.
3. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
4. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
5. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(b) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(c) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(d) The inability to hear his mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
2. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
3. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
4. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
5. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)