|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(b) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(c) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(d) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
2. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
(a) The first morning.
(b) The first hour.
(c) The sky.
(d) The ocean.
3. What kind of boots does the postman have?
4. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The blackboard.
(b) His textbook.
(c) The door.
(d) The window.
5. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
(a) It gets lighter.
(b) It gets heavier.
(c) It gets darker.
(d) It gets brighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
2. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
3. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
4. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
5. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)