|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become hidden.
(b) They become muffled.
(c) They become smoother.
(d) They become clearer.
2. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels closer to her than before.
(b) He feels sorry for her.
(c) He feels resentment toward her.
(d) He feels contempt for her.
3. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
(a) Stay warm.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Face the sun.
(d) Get out of bed.
4. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
(a) White centered lines.
(b) White ragged circles.
(c) White ragged lines.
(d) White perfect circles.
5. What kind of stamp does Paul's secret remind him of?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
2. What kind of swelling does the cat have on its cheek?
3. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
4. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
5. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)