|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(a) A new lamp.
(c) A new set of shutters.
(d) A bell.
2. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful basket.
(b) A beautiful day.
(c) A beautiful picture.
(d) A beautiful trinket.
3. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
(a) He finds it confusing.
(b) He finds it annoying.
(c) He finds it distracting.
(d) He finds it amusing.
4. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(b) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(c) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(d) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
5. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A triple life.
(b) A deceptive life.
(c) A pointless life.
(d) A double life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
2. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
3. What does Paul view his secret as?
4. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
5. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)