|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
2. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
(a) He might have to do extra chores.
(b) He might have to have a tutor.
(c) He might have to see a doctor.
(d) He might have to go to summer school.
3. What kind of boots does the postman have?
4. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(b) Run down the street.
(c) Walk away from the house.
(d) Round the corner.
5. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
(a) Get out of bed.
(b) Stay warm.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Face the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
2. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
3. As Paul remembers, how many times does his mother ask him to pass the plate at the luncheon table?
4. How does Paul describe the roadway on his street in Part 1?
5. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)