|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
(a) The door.
(b) The blackboard.
(c) The window.
(d) His textbook.
3. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
(a) A polar bear.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A hockey player.
(d) An Eskimo.
4. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Land of unpredictable snow.
(b) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(c) Land of perpetual snow.
(d) Sea of perpetual snow.
5. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(a) A new lamp.
(b) A new set of shutters.
(d) A bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
2. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
3. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
4. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
5. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)