|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more distinct.
(b) They gradually become more annoying.
(c) They gradually become more indistinct.
(d) They gradually become less annoying.
2. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Waking up.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Going to sleep.
3. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become smoother.
(b) They become clearer.
(c) They become hidden.
(d) They become muffled.
4. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
(a) Run down the street.
(c) Walk away from the house.
(d) Round the corner.
5. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
(a) A double life.
(b) A deceptive life.
(c) A triple life.
(d) A pointless life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
2. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
3. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
4. What causes Paul to think about his secret?
5. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)