|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(b) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
(c) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(d) The inability to hear his mother and father.
2. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
3. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
4. What does Paul view his secret as?
(a) A sense of education.
(b) A sense of possession.
(c) A sense of direction.
(d) A sense of humor.
5. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
(a) A door to close.
(b) A wall to stand up against.
(c) A wall to hide behind.
(d) A door to walk through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
2. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. What is it becoming harder to do for Paul?
5. What does Paul look past the snow to see in answering Miss Buell's question?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)