Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the cold dead wood.
(b) To feel the warm living wood.
(c) To feel the cold living wood.
(d) To feel the warm dead wood.
2. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(b) Land of unpredictable snow.
(c) Sea of perpetual snow.
(d) Land of perpetual snow.
3. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become more distinct.
(b) They gradually become less annoying.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more indistinct.
4. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
5. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(b) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(c) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
2. What does Paul imagine was NOT recorded as the dog walked through the wet cement?
3. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
4. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
5. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)