|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul hear the bell ring during his secret's first appearance?
(a) Long and stinging.
(b) Thinly and softly.
(c) Abrupt and soothing.
(d) Quickly and sharply.
2. What does the snow ask Paul about the darkness it is creating?
(a) Why can't he see in it?
(b) Who cannot see in it?
(c) Who would want to see in it?
(d) What does it mean to see in it?
3. What term is given to the actions of Paul's mother in Part 4?
(a) A mild disturbance.
(b) A cruel disturbance.
(c) A mild setback.
(d) A cruel setback.
4. As Paul further resents the examination, what type of parody does he call it?
5. As the snow continues to consume Paul's life, what is the second instruction he is given?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Sit up.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Sit down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
2. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
3. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
4. What kind of a story does the snow want to tell Paul as Part 4 ends?
5. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)