|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(b) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(c) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
2. What kind of gaze is Paul using to look at the birdhouse?
(a) A determined gaze.
(b) A focused gaze.
(c) An incomparable gaze.
(d) An uncomprehending gaze.
3. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
(a) To tell him something new.
(b) To tell him something old.
(c) To help him find the answer to the doctor's questions.
(d) To help him lie to the doctor.
4. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a lowly snake.
(b) Like a pet cat.
(c) Like a deer in hunting season.
(d) Like a trained seal.
5. Where does the new stream of flakes come from in Paul's room?
(a) The door.
(b) Underneath the bed.
(c) Through the roof.
(d) The window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor observe about Paul toward the end of his questioning?
2. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
3. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
4. What will the snow do once Paul joins it?
5. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)