|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that Paul says to his mother?
(a) I will miss you.
(b) I will remember you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I hate you.
2. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
(b) It is too warm for the birds.
(c) It is too small for the birds.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
3. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
(a) The bed.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The windows.
(d) The door.
4. At the beginning of Part 4, how is the darkness coming?
(a) In horrific waves.
(b) In white waves.
(c) In short waves.
(d) In sudden waves.
5. How is the light described as it enters Paul's room in Part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
2. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
3. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
4. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
5. What does Paul think of the effort it takes to answer Miss Buell's question?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)