|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has become dirty.
(b) It has dried up.
(c) It has flooded.
(d) It has frozen.
2. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the warm dead wood.
(b) To feel the cold dead wood.
(c) To feel the warm living wood.
(d) To feel the cold living wood.
3. What does the snow encourage Paul to do as his parents and the doctor are waiting for his response?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Banish them.
(c) Listen to them.
(d) Pity them.
4. What does Paul describe the unknown component of the snow to be?
(a) Deliciously terrifying.
(b) Unmistakably terrifying.
(c) Unmistakably satisfying.
(d) Deliciously satisfying.
5. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Barely audible at the house before his.
(b) Strangely loud in the snow.
(c) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(d) Strangely quiet in the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the snow react to the door's being opened?
2. What does the cold, low humming shake as Paul closes the door?
3. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
4. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
5. What does the doctor confirm with Paul before proceeding to the end of the examination?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)