|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is of the utmost significance to Paul, with regard to his secret?
(a) To remain generous.
(b) To remain selfish.
(c) To remain focused.
(d) To remain resolute.
2. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
3. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are a pleasure.
(b) They are a disturbance.
(c) They are a distraction.
(d) They are unacceptable.
4. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(b) Strangely loud in the snow.
(c) Barely audible at the house before his.
(d) Strangely quiet in the rain.
5. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever joy it brings others.
(b) At whatever confusion it brings others.
(c) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(d) At whatever pain it causes to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
2. What are the items Paul notices on his walk in comparison to the snow?
3. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
4. How are the bricks laid in the sidewalks?
5. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)