|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the cement sidewalk designed, according to Paul's description?
(a) In geometrical parallelograms.
(b) In a haphazard pattern.
(c) In a striped pattern.
(d) In geometrical trapezoids.
2. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(b) It is too small for the birds.
(c) It is too warm for the birds.
(d) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
3. According to Paul's assumption, what does the snow make in between the houses?
(a) Little squares.
(b) Little circles.
(c) Little rectangles.
(d) Little triangles.
4. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
5. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
(a) To feel the warm living wood.
(b) To feel the warm dead wood.
(c) To feel the cold dead wood.
(d) To feel the cold living wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
2. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
3. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
4. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
5. What is Paul NOT doing, as his mother points out in Part 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)