|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most distressing feature of Paul's secret?
(a) The embarrassment of his mother and father.
(b) The inability to hear his mother and father.
(c) The conflict between him and his mother and father.
(d) The inability to respond to his mother and father.
2. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
3. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has dried up.
(b) It has become dirty.
(c) It has frozen.
(d) It has flooded.
4. What was Paul doing when his secret appeared for the first time?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Waking up.
5. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
(a) The tropic regions.
(b) The jungles.
(c) The rain forests.
(d) The arctic regions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
2. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
3. How long is the class that Paul is in at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
5. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)