|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A familiar sound.
(b) A new frequency.
(c) A familiar reassurance.
(d) A new secrecy.
2. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has become dirty.
(b) It has dried up.
(c) It has flooded.
(d) It has frozen.
3. What does Paul contemplate about the following morning in Part 2?
(a) If the postman will skip his house.
(b) If he will hear the postman.
(c) If the postman will have trouble finding his house with all the snow.
(d) If the postman will knock louder than usual.
4. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
5. What happens to the cobblestones as Paul's secret progresses?
(a) They become hidden.
(b) They become smoother.
(c) They become clearer.
(d) They become muffled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the birdhouse?
2. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
3. What does Paul imagine the snow on the street to be?
4. What does Paul state that his secret gives him?
5. What does Paul's mother tell him might need to be done?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)