|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tainted eye.
(b) With a tolerant eye.
(c) With a skeptical eye.
(d) With a careful eye.
2. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
3. What does Paul do with his secret?
(a) He wears it proudly.
(b) He lends it to people.
(c) He boasts about it to people.
(d) He carries it around with him.
4. According to what Paul reads, how is Mrs. Amelia D. Cravath cured of her illness?
(a) By Caley's Ointment.
(b) By Casey's Ointment.
(c) By Cooper's Ointment.
(d) By Crowley's Ointment.
5. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(a) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(d) Waves at the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
2. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
3. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
4. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
5. How does Paul describe the coin that matches his secret?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)