|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is unfortunate.
(b) He thinks it is warranted.
(c) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(d) He thinks it is unnecessary.
2. How does Paul now view the bare roofs?
(a) As his imagination.
(b) As his reality.
(c) As his failure.
(d) As his reward.
3. What does Paul think about the thoughts he is having of his secret during class?
(a) They are unacceptable.
(b) They are a distraction.
(c) They are a disturbance.
(d) They are a pleasure.
4. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
(b) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(c) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(d) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
5. How are the dog tracks arranged on the sidewalk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
2. How does Paul feel about the doctor's attempt to discover the truth?
3. What does the snow form as Paul approaches his street?
4. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
5. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)