|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what cost does Paul believe he must keep his secret?
(a) At whatever joy it brings others.
(b) At whatever embarrassment it causes to others.
(c) At whatever pain it causes to others.
(d) At whatever confusion it brings others.
2. In Part 1, what is Miss Buell talking about as Paul remembers his secret?
(a) Land of unpredictable snow.
(b) Land of perpetual snow.
(c) Sea of unpredictable snow.
(d) Sea of perpetual snow.
3. Where is the birdhouse?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In the apple tree.
(c) In the cherry tree.
(d) In the yard.
4. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
5. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the snow while Paul's secret becomes more apparent?
2. What class is Paul in as the story begins?
3. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
4. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
5. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)