|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul sense as the doctor talks with his parents in front of him?
2. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
(a) Two or three.
(b) One or two.
(c) Four or five.
(d) Three or four.
3. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a lowly snake.
(b) Like a trained seal.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a deer in hunting season.
4. How does Paul describe Miss Buell's face?
(a) Grayish and unfriendly.
(b) Reddish and unfriendly.
(c) Grayish and kindly.
(d) Reddish and kindly.
5. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Strangely loud in the snow.
(b) Barely audible at the house before his.
(c) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(d) Strangely quiet in the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul listening for the postman to do when his secret appears?
2. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
3. What type of inlay is located at the end of the sidewalk?
4. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
5. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)