|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the snow's presence different during Paul's examination?
(a) It is louder.
(b) It is heavier.
(c) It is gentler.
(d) It is brighter.
2. How does Paul remember hearing the postman that morning?
(a) Barely audible at the second house before his.
(b) Strangely loud in the snow.
(c) Strangely quiet in the rain.
(d) Barely audible at the house before his.
3. What word does Paul use to depict the walk home in the beginning of Part 2?
4. What does Paul's mother get for him to help with his new vagueness?
(b) A new lamp.
(c) A bell.
(d) A new set of shutters.
5. How are the doctor's eyelids as he questions Paul?
(d) Wide open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot compare with the snow, according to Paul?
2. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
3. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
4. How does the doctor ask Paul to read from the book?
5. What does Paul assume that his parents would think about him if they discovered the snow?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)