|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the postman's footsteps, as Paul recalls?
(a) They gradually become less annoying.
(b) They gradually become more indistinct.
(c) They gradually become more annoying.
(d) They gradually become more distinct.
2. What do the postman's steps have the first time that Paul's secret appears?
(a) A new frequency.
(b) A familiar sound.
(c) A familiar reassurance.
(d) A new secrecy.
3. How does Deidre smile at Paul after he answers the question in class?
4. In Part 2, what does Paul find desirable as it relates to his parents?
(a) To be kind to them.
(b) To ignore them.
(c) To disobey them.
(d) To belittle them.
5. When does Paul's doctor appointment take place in Part 3?
(a) The following morning after breakfast.
(b) After dinner.
(c) The following morning before breakfast.
(d) Before dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is stenciled on the brick wall in the background?
2. How does Paul describe the presence of his parents and the doctor to himself?
3. What number is on the front door of Paul's house?
4. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
5. What kind of a life does Paul think he is leading?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)