|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(c) He thinks it is unfortunate.
(d) He thinks it is warranted.
2. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
3. What leans over the garden walls on Paul's walk home?
4. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(b) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(c) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
5. What shape are the stones balanced on top of the gateway posts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul describe the way his shoes walk on the pavement?
2. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
3. How does Paul consider the questions being asked of him in Part 3?
4. What is the doctor doing with his fingers, as Paul observes?
5. What does Paul notice in the gutter as he walks by it?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)