|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has flooded.
(b) It has dried up.
(c) It has become dirty.
(d) It has frozen.
2. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The doctor's feet.
(b) The doctor's coat.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The wall.
3. What does the rhythm of the postman's steps say when Paul's secret reveals itself?
(a) Peace, closeness, and warmth.
(b) Peace, closeness, and cold.
(c) Peace, remoteness, and warmth.
(d) Peace, remoteness, and cold.
4. As Paul notices in Part 3, what color is the chair?
5. How does Paul describe the postman's knock on the door of his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the grocer's shop have in its window?
2. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
3. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
4. Why did Paul put his hand into the bark of the elm tree?
5. What does Paul view his secret as?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)