|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul feel about his mother as Part 1 ends?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) He feels closer to her than before.
(c) He feels resentment toward her.
(d) He feels contempt for her.
2. What does Paul notice about his window as he stands underneath it in Part 2?
(a) It has snow on it.
(b) It is closed.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is open.
3. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
(b) Taps the doctor's shoulder.
(d) Waves at the snow.
4. What has happened to the river as Paul crosses it on his way home?
(a) It has flooded.
(b) It has dried up.
(c) It has become dirty.
(d) It has frozen.
5. What does Paul cover up in the cement with his foot?
(a) The cracks.
(b) The dirt.
(c) The hollows.
(d) The chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the postman knock on each door?
2. What does Paul catch a glimpse of as he ponders the doctor's question?
3. How old is Paul, as it is revealed in Part 2?
4. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
5. How many posts are at the gateway Paul encounters?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)