|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the doctor grinning at Paul?
2. How do Paul's parents feel as they talk with the doctor?
3. How does Paul think of his mother's expression as she becomes more disturbed by his answers?
(a) He thinks it is exactly what he hoped for.
(b) He thinks it is unnecessary.
(c) He thinks it is warranted.
(d) He thinks it is unfortunate.
4. How does Paul observe the elm tree and other things on his way home?
(a) With a tolerant eye.
(b) With a skeptical eye.
(c) With a tainted eye.
(d) With a careful eye.
5. What does Paul look to for reassurance before he tells his parents about his secret?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His mother's eyes.
(c) The pile of snow.
(d) The spiral of snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paul use to describe the progress of his secret?
2. What does Paul wonder as he looks at his house?
3. What does Paul imagine while looking through his window?
4. What color is the hydrant with the painted chain on it that Paul sees?
5. What does Paul do before he answers the doctor?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)