|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Buell have on her desk?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pen collection.
(c) The homework assignments.
(d) A globe.
2. What word does Paul read in large capital letters?
3. As Paul arrives at his house in Part 2, what does he feel about the one thing he had looked forward to?
(a) Consumed by it.
(b) Deprived of it.
(c) Contempt toward it.
(d) Oblivious to it.
4. What is Paul staring at while the doctor questions him?
(a) The doctor's feet.
(b) The wall.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The doctor's coat.
5. What does Paul call the balanced stones?
(a) A perpetual wonder.
(b) A sign of strength.
(c) A perpetual horror.
(d) A sign of weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
2. Why is the birdhouse empty?
3. What does the snow promise to Paul as he is being examined by the doctor in Part 3?
4. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
5. How many footsteps before the knock at the door does Paul hear on the morning of Part 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)