|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the doctor's questions make Paul feel?
(a) Like a deer in hunting season.
(b) Like a trained seal.
(c) Like a pet cat.
(d) Like a lowly snake.
2. Why is the birdhouse empty?
(a) It is the wrong time of year for wrens.
(b) It is too warm for the birds.
(c) It is the wrong time of year for robins.
(d) It is too small for the birds.
3. What does Paul call the balanced stones?
(a) A perpetual horror.
(b) A sign of weakness.
(c) A sign of strength.
(d) A perpetual wonder.
4. How does Paul describe the sunlight on the roof?
5. What does Paul compare his secret to in the beginning of the story?
(a) A beautiful day.
(b) A beautiful basket.
(c) A beautiful picture.
(d) A beautiful trinket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul tell his mother it would be fun to be in Part 1?
2. What kind of tone do Paul's parents adopt with the doctor?
3. How does Paul view the doctor's questions?
4. What is Paul thinking of as the other students answer Miss Buell's questions?
5. How does Paul describe his street in Part 2 of the story?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)