|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues have to try and identify the objects as?
2. What do the two priests talk about?
3. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
4. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
5. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Japanese samurai.
1) What are their main ideas and beliefs? What influence have these ideas had on Japanese culture as a whole?
2) What power did the samurai hold in 17th century Japan?
3) Which position do the samurai hold in today's Japan?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Endo use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ferreira give up on his missionary work? How different is Ferriera's life now that he is working for the Japanese? What is Ferreira's goal now that he is captured? How is it possible for him to achieve this goal?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)