|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
3. What do the two priests talk about?
4. Where are the peasants forced to work?
5. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the main religions and institutions in Japan, and using examples from the book and two other sources, discuss how Christianity could conflict with traditional Japanese beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ferreira give up on his missionary work? How different is Ferriera's life now that he is working for the Japanese? What is Ferreira's goal now that he is captured? How is it possible for him to achieve this goal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Endo's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)