Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
3. What do the two priests talk about?
4. Where are the peasants forced to work?
5. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
Examine Endo's writing style. How would you describe Endo's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Endo's style give to the story?
The novel is set mostly in Japan.
1) What meaning does Japan bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in Japan?
2) How different do you think today's Japan is to the Japan in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's Japan?
3) How do you think the Japanese settings contribute to the novel's spiritual meaning?
Examine the history of Christianity in Japan.
1) Who brought Christianity into Japan and how did the Japanese initially react to the religion?
2) Why were Christians persecuted in the 17th century?
3) What role does Christianity play in modern day Japan?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)