|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
3. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
4. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
5. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
2. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
3. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
4. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
5. Describe the priests' journey to India.
6. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
7. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
8. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
9. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
10. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Ferreira and Rodrigues.
1) In what ways do their morals and beliefs differ?
2) Do you agree they are one of the same person as Endo states at the end of the novel?
3) How can they help each other as they struggle to cope with life in Japan?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ferreira give up on his missionary work? How different is Ferriera's life now that he is working for the Japanese? What is Ferreira's goal now that he is captured? How is it possible for him to achieve this goal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Endo's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)