|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trampling called?
(a) A fumie
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
(b) Forced marriage
3. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(a) The interpreter
4. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(d) The pope
5. Who else works at the magistrates office?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guards eat?
2. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
3. What does one peasant fall sick from?
4. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
5. What does Rodrigues try to do as people throw manure at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
2. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
3. Describe Rodrigues' meeting with the five samurai.
4. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
5. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
6. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
7. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
8. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
9. How does Rodrigues find comfort even in his dire situation?
10. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)