|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the interpreter say the peasants will be tortured?
(a) The pit
(b) The well
(c) The iron maiden
(d) The water front
2. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
(b) Santa Marta
3. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
(b) Tap out songs on his wall
(c) Look out of the window
4. What do the children throw at his window?
(c) Raw meat
5. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) A cafe
(b) The shipping yards
(c) The church
(d) A hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
2. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
3. What is the goal of a missionary?
4. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
5. What does Rodrigues have to try and identify the objects as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
2. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
3. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
4. What does the samurai say has happened to Ferreira?
5. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
6. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
7. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
8. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
9. What do Rodrigues and Inoue discuss in Chapter 7?
10. From what does the snoring sound come?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)