|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(c) A guard
2. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) A cafe
(b) The church
(c) The shipping yards
(d) A hotel
3. What does Rodrigues try to do as people throw manure at him?
4. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
(b) A stamp
(c) A bible
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
2. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
3. Who does Ferreirer serve?
4. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
5. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what does the snoring sound come?
2. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
3. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
4. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
5. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
6. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
7. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
8. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
9. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
10. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)