|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
(d) The pope
2. Where do the guards put the elderly man's body?
(a) On the roof of the prison
(b) In the sea
(c) In one of the three pits
(d) On a fire
3. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(b) The interpreter
4. What does a guard give Rodrigues one morning?
(a) A necklace
(b) A woman
(d) New clothes
5. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
2. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
3. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
4. What happens to Garrpe?
5. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
2. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
3. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
4. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
5. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
6. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
7. From what does the snoring sound come?
8. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
9. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
10. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)