|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
2. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
(a) A Portuguese town
(b) An army base
(c) A Jesuit harbor
(d) A city
3. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) The fields
(b) A park
(c) A factory
(d) The docks
4. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
5. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is picked up by a boat.
(c) He is killed with a sword.
(d) He swims to India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
3. What does the woman offer Rodrigues to eat?
4. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
5. What does a guard give Rodrigues one morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ferreria and Rodrigues talk about in Chapter 7?
2. What does the samurai say has happened to Ferreira?
3. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
4. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
5. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
6. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
7. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
8. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
9. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
10. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)