|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(c) The Virgin Mary
(d) Jesus Christ
2. What does Rodrigues contemplate as he prays?
(a) The end of Christainity
(b) That God does not exist
(c) His own death
(d) How to escape
3. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
(a) A city
(b) A Portuguese town
(c) An army base
(d) A Jesuit harbor
4. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Meet the magistrate
(b) Go home to Portugal
(c) Go shopping
(d) Visit the peasants as they work
5. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He swims to India.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is killed with a sword.
(d) He is picked up by a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trampling called?
2. What is the goal of a missionary?
3. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
4. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
5. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
2. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
3. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
4. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
5. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
6. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
7. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
8. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
9. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
10. What do Ferreria and Rodrigues talk about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)