|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
2. How does Rodrigues travel to the town?
(a) By horse
(b) By walking
(c) By train
(d) By ship
3. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(a) Jesus Christ
(d) The Virgin Mary
4. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
(a) Sacrifice himself
(c) Become a spy
(d) Marry a Japanese princess
5. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
2. Why is the caravan covered?
3. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
4. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
5. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rodrigues' meeting with the five samurai.
2. What do Rodrigues and Inoue discuss in Chapter 7?
3. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
4. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
5. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
6. How does Rodrigues find comfort even in his dire situation?
7. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
8. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
9. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
10. What does Rodrigues think when Kichijiro brings him rice?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)