|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one peasant fall sick from?
2. What does the interpreter try and persuade Rodrigues to do?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Conduct a confession
(d) Marry a Japanese woman
3. What has Rodrigues not had to endure so far?
(a) Japanese theater
(b) A forced marriage
(c) Physical pain
(d) Mental pain
4. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
5. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
(a) Sex before marriage
(b) The Christian God
(d) True love
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
2. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
3. With what is the elderly man killed?
4. What does Rodrigues try to do as people throw manure at him?
5. What is Jonassen's nationality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
2. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
3. What do Rodrigues and Inoue discuss in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
5. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
6. What does Rodrigues think when Kichijiro brings him rice?
7. From what does the snoring sound come?
8. How can Rodriguez's actions in Chapter 5 be deemed as wrong?
9. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
10. What do Ferreria and Rodrigues talk about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)