|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(a) A religion
(b) A good way of life
(c) An evil religion
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
(a) Forced marriage
3. Where do the guards eat?
(a) At a cafe
(b) At a house
(c) At the water front
(d) On the mountain side
4. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A banana
(b) A mule
(c) A bowl of rice
(d) A bowl of soup
5. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
(a) Marry a Japanese princess
(b) Become a spy
(d) Sacrifice himself
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
2. With what is the elderly man killed?
3. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
4. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
5. What does the woman offer Rodrigues to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
2. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
3. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
4. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
5. How does Rodrigues find comfort even in his dire situation?
6. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
7. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
8. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
9. What does the samurai say has happened to Ferreira?
10. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)