|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese comics
(b) Japanese samurai
(c) Christianity in Japan
(d) Japanese women
2. What happened to Yokose-no-Ura?
(a) It was destroyed by a storm.
(b) It was taken over by samurai.
(c) It was turned into a city.
(d) It was burned to the ground.
3. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Rodrigues' letters
(b) Christianity in Japan
(d) A revolution
4. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
(a) The magistrate's garden
(b) The courtyard
(c) A graveyard
(d) A field
5. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(a) His jailer
(b) A fellow prisoner
(d) His own father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
2. Who waits for Rodrigues in another room?
3. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
4. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
5. How does Rodrigues react to the snoring sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
2. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
3. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
4. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
5. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
6. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
7. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
8. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
9. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
10. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)