|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodrigues contemplate as he prays?
(a) The end of Christainity
(b) How to escape
(c) That God does not exist
(d) His own death
2. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(a) Santa Marta
3. What do the children throw at his window?
(c) Raw meat
4. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
(d) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
2. What is Jonassen's nationality?
3. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
4. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
5. Who waits for Rodrigues in another room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rodrigues humiliated at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
3. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
4. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
5. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
6. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
7. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
8. What routine does Rodrigues settle into in Chapter 6?
9. What do Rodrigues and Inoue discuss in Chapter 7?
10. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)