|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
2. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
(a) Bumping into him
(b) Taliking freely about Christianity
(c) Holding back food
(d) Treating him well
3. On whose image was Rodrigues forced to step?
(d) The Virgin Mary
4. Where does the caravan stop?
(a) Outside a bordello
(b) At a harbor
(c) At the plain of Chizukano
(d) In the middle of a desert
5. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
2. Where are the objects brought in from?
3. How does Rodrigues travel to the town?
4. What do the two priests talk about?
5. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
2. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
3. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
4. How is Rodrigues humiliated at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
6. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
7. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
8. What do Rodrigues and Inoue discuss in Chapter 7?
9. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
10. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)