|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
(a) An interpreter
(b) A priest
(c) A magistrate
(d) A warrior
2. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) The docks
(b) A park
(c) A factory
(d) The fields
3. What is the trampling called?
(c) A fumie
4. Why is the caravan covered?
(a) To stop him from seeing the women.
(b) To keep him from getting sunstroke.
(c) So people cannot see .
(d) So he cannot see where he is going.
5. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
2. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
3. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
4. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
5. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
2. Why did Ferreira decide to apostatize?
3. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
4. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
5. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
6. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
7. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
8. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
9. Where do the guards take Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
10. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)