|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the interpreter say the peasants will be tortured?
(a) The well
(b) The pit
(c) The water front
(d) The iron maiden
2. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
3. What usually precedes the final procession?
(c) Forced marriage
4. What does Rodrigues contemplate as he prays?
(a) That God does not exist
(b) The end of Christainity
(c) His own death
(d) How to escape
5. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
(a) The king
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferreira say he could not take anymore?
2. What do the children throw at his window?
3. What is Jonassen's nationality?
4. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
5. Why is the caravan covered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
2. How is Rodrigues humiliated at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
4. How can Rodriguez's actions in Chapter 5 be deemed as wrong?
5. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
6. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
7. What happens to the elderly man in Chapter 6?
8. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
9. How does Rodrigues find comfort even in his dire situation?
10. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)