|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the caravan covered?
(a) So people cannot see .
(b) So he cannot see where he is going.
(c) To keep him from getting sunstroke.
(d) To stop him from seeing the women.
2. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
(a) A gun
(c) A stamp
(d) A bible
3. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
4. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(b) Straw mats
(c) Toilet paper
5. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Go shopping
(b) Visit the peasants as they work
(c) Go home to Portugal
(d) Meet the magistrate
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
2. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
3. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
4. Who waits for Rodrigues in another room?
5. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
2. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
3. What does Rodrigues think when Kichijiro brings him rice?
4. What do Ferreria and Rodrigues talk about in Chapter 7?
5. How does Rodrigues contradict his own advice during his captivity?
6. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
7. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
8. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
9. Describe Rodrigues' meeting with the five samurai.
10. From what does the snoring sound come?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)