|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(b) An exorcism
(c) A sacrifice
(d) A murder
2. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
(a) In the captain's cabin
(b) Behind beer barrels
(c) Behind luggage
(d) In the rescue boats
3. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) Why he is in India
(b) How much money he has
(c) His family
(d) His loyalty to the Christian faith
4. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Send them to Nagasaki
(b) Stuff them
(c) Eat them
(d) Throw them into the sea
5. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They put up a small sail.
(b) They make themselves seen.
(c) They hand out their food.
(d) They relinquish their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues conclude about Kichijiro?
2. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
3. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
4. The villagers keep a detailed calendar of ______________________.
5. Where was Jesus betrayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
2. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
3. Describe the priests' journey to India.
4. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
5. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
6. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
7. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
8. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
9. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
10. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)