|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His drug dealing
(b) His drunken appearance
(c) His atheist beliefs
(d) His dishonesty
2. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His family history
(b) His faith
(c) His nationality
(d) His loyalty
3. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) They are hiding priests
(b) That they don't pay taxes
(c) That they are rich
(d) Their Christian faith
4. What is the name of the Japanese man the priests find?
5. In which country is Ferreira missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
2. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
3. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
4. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
5. What happens after eight days at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
2. Describe the priests' journey to India.
3. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
4. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
5. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
6. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
7. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
8. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
9. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
10. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)