|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) An Indian official
(b) A Japanse person
(c) A merchant sailor
(d) A Chinese sailor
2. What do the tossama do?
(a) Punish atheists
(b) Hear confession
(c) Teach and lead prayers
(d) Reason with officials
3. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) A Chinese sailor
(b) A fellow priest
(c) Merchant sailors
(d) The Japanese government
4. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) Their Christian faith
(b) They are hiding priests
(c) That they are rich
(d) That they don't pay taxes
5. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Finding more sailors
(b) Buying weapons
(c) Preparing the boat
(d) Finding food
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
2. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
3. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
4. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
5. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
2. What do Ferreria and Rodrigues talk about in Chapter 7?
3. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
4. What does the priest contemplate as he watches the death of the old man?
5. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
6. Describe Rodrigues' new life in Japan.
7. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
8. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
9. What is Yokose-no-Ura?
10. Describe the priests' journey to India.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)