|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) The captain's cabin
(b) In the rescue boats
(c) Behind beer barrels
(d) Behind luggage
2. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To prevent a Christian burial
(b) To frighten the villagers
(c) To feed the fish
(d) To stop the smell of death
3. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) A Chinese sailor
(b) A merchant sailor
(c) A Japanse person
(d) An Indian official
4. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(c) Santa Marta
5. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
(a) Prosim vas
(b) Caj a Kava
(c) Santa Maria
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
2. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
3. What is below the charcoal hut?
4. For what is a person rewarded 300 pieces of silver?
5. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
2. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
3. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
4. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
6. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
7. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
8. How do the villagers secretly continue with their Christian faith?
9. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
10. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)