|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to the village three days later?
(a) A translator
(b) A prince
(c) A village elder
(d) An elderly samurai
2. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) They are hiding priests
(b) Their Christian faith
(c) That they don't pay taxes
(d) That they are rich
3. What is below the charcoal hut?
(a) The sea
(c) A river
(d) A village
4. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
5. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(a) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the storm damage the boat?
2. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
3. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
4. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
5. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
2. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
3. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
4. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
5. What will happen to the villagers in Chapter 7 if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
6. What does Janassen note in his journals?
7. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
8. What does the samurai say has happened to Ferreira?
9. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
10. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)