|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ferreira tortured?
2. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
3. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
4. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A leaf
(b) A watering can
(c) A twig
(d) A dead body
5. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(a) Soup kitchens
(b) Government palaces
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after eight days at sea?
2. In what month do the priests reach India?
3. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
4. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
5. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
2. How does the interpreter treat Rodrigues now that he is employed by the magistrate?
3. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
4. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
5. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
6. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
7. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
8. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
9. What does Janassen note in his journals?
10. Describe the reappearance of Kichijiro in Chapter 6.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)