|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To prevent a Christian burial
(b) To stop the smell of death
(c) To feed the fish
(d) To frighten the villagers
2. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
(a) On the mountain edge
(b) At the water's edge
(c) In a prison cell
(d) In a well
3. From what city do the priests depart to India?
4. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
5. What is the Japanese word for priest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tossama do?
2. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
3. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
4. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
5. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
2. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
3. What does Rodrigues realize in Chapter 7?
4. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
5. Why can Rodrigues and Ferreira no longer get along?
6. How do the villagers secretly continue with their Christian faith?
7. What are Rodrigues' feelings towards Ferreira?
8. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
9. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
10. What does Rodrigues think when Kichijiro brings him rice?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)