|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His drug dealing
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His atheist beliefs
(d) His drunken appearance
2. Who returns to the village three days later?
(a) A village elder
(b) A translator
(c) An elderly samurai
(d) A prince
3. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
(a) Hot soup
(d) Boiling water
4. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) A chalk hut
(b) A mud hut
(c) A charcoal hut
(d) An ice hut
5. Where is the charcoal hut?
(b) On the mountainside
(c) In the forest
(d) On a hilltop
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
2. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
3. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
4. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
5. What is the Japanese word for priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
2. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
3. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
4. How do the villagers secretly continue with their Christian faith?
5. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
6. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
7. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
8. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
9. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
10. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)