|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Kichijiro live?
(a) An Indian family
(b) His sister
(c) A Chinese family
(d) A priest
2. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Finding food
(b) Buying weapons
(c) Preparing the boat
(d) Finding more sailors
3. For what is a person rewarded 300 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Finding Christian artifacts
(c) Informing about spies
(d) Informing about hidden brothers
4. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Working at the missionary college
(b) Building a ship
(c) Converting the homeless
(d) Feeding orphans
5. For what is a person rewarded 200 hundred pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden brothers
(b) Informing about hidden priests
(c) Informing about secret Christians
(d) Finding Christian artifacts
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
3. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
4. What have officials made it difficult to do?
5. In which country is Ferreira missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
2. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
3. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
4. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
5. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
6. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
7. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
8. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
9. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
10. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)