|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
(a) A donkey
(c) Two villagers
(d) A prince
2. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
3. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Finding Christian artifacts
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Informing about secret Christians
4. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
(b) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(c) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(d) The Japanese are in hiding.
5. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
2. Of what is Valignano in charge?
3. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
4. From what city do the priests depart to India?
5. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodrigues react to the sound of his jailer snoring?
2. Why is Rodrigues transported in a covered caravan?
3. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
4. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
5. Summarize the story of Silence.
6. What does Janassen note in his journals?
7. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
8. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
9. What ultimatum does the samurai give Rodrigues in Chapter 5?
10. From what does the snoring sound come?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)