|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jesus betrayed?
(a) Tel Aviv
2. What is the name of the village the two men are from?
3. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(c) Santa Marta
4. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They hand out their food.
(b) They make themselves seen.
(c) They relinquish their weapons.
(d) They put up a small sail.
5. What do the villagers hide from the officials?
(a) Their money
(b) Their clothes
(c) Their children
(d) Their religious possessions
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
3. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
4. For what is a person rewarded 300 pieces of silver?
5. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
2. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
3. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
4. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
5. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
6. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
7. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
8. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
9. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
10. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)