|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
2. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
(a) Prosim vas
(c) Caj a Kava
(d) Santa Maria
3. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Torture of Christians in Japan
(b) Problems with China
(c) Christmas in Japan
(d) A religious war
4. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
5. For what is a person rewarded 200 hundred pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Informing about hidden brothers
(c) Informing about secret Christians
(d) Finding Christian artifacts
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after eight days at sea?
2. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
3. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
4. Who returns to the village three days later?
5. What do the tossama do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
2. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
3. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
4. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
5. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
6. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
7. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
8. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
9. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
10. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)