|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) A merchant sailor
(b) A Chinese sailor
(c) An Indian official
(d) A Japanse person
2. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His family history
(b) His nationality
(c) His faith
(d) His loyalty
3. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(a) Soup kitchens
(b) Government palaces
4. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) To have more than one child
(b) For Christians to gather
(c) To swim in the sea
(d) To build new huts
5. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Pulls out a knife
(b) Runs away
(c) Cries out for pardon
(d) Kicks them
Short Answer Questions
1. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
2. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
3. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
4. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
5. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
2. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
3. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
4. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
5. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
6. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
7. Describe the priests' journey to India.
8. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
9. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
10. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)