|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) An ice hut
(b) A chalk hut
(c) A charcoal hut
(d) A mud hut
2. In what month do the priests reach India?
3. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
4. With whom does Kichijiro live?
(a) An Indian family
(b) His sister
(c) A priest
(d) A Chinese family
5. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His loyalty
(b) His family history
(c) His nationality
(d) His faith
Short Answer Questions
1. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
2. What is below the charcoal hut?
3. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
4. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
5. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
2. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
3. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
4. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
5. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
6. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
7. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
8. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
9. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
10. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)