|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter in Chapter 1?
(d) Santa Marta
2. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
(a) Behind beer barrels
(b) In the captain's cabin
(c) Behind luggage
(d) In the rescue boats
3. In what Indian town do the priests stay?
4. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) Merchant sailors
(b) A Chinese sailor
(c) A fellow priest
(d) The Japanese government
5. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Send them to Nagasaki
(b) Eat them
(c) Throw them into the sea
(d) Stuff them
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
2. For what is a person rewarded 300 pieces of silver?
3. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
4. Who told the two villagers of the two priests' arrival?
5. What is below the charcoal hut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
2. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
3. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
4. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
5. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
6. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
7. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
8. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
9. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
10. How do the villagers secretly continue with their Christian faith?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)