|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(a) Missionary work
(b) The whole Catholic faith
(d) The Caholic soccer team
2. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) They will be starved.
(b) A hostage will be taken.
(c) The village will be burned down.
(d) Ten villagers will be hanged.
3. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Henry Paul
(b) Juan de Santa Marta
(c) Franceso Payno
(d) Jose Marie Ballesteros
4. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
5. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the officials release?
2. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
3. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
4. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
5. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
2. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
3. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
4. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
5. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
6. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
7. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
8. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
9. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
10. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)