|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
2. For what is a person rewarded 200 hundred pieces of silver?
(a) Finding Christian artifacts
(b) Informing about hidden priests
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Informing about secret Christians
3. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To feed the fish
(b) To frighten the villagers
(c) To prevent a Christian burial
(d) To stop the smell of death
4. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
5. In what month do the priests reach India?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
2. Where was Jesus betrayed?
3. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
4. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
5. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
2. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
3. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
4. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
5. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
6. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
7. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
8. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
9. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
10. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)