|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
2. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
3. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
4. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
(b) Santa Marta
5. Where is the charcoal hut?
(b) On the mountainside
(c) In the forest
(d) On a hilltop
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
2. In what Indian town do the priests stay?
3. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
4. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
5. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
2. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
3. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
4. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
5. Describe the priests' journey to India.
6. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
7. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
8. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
9. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
10. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)