|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
(a) In a prison cell
(b) On the mountain edge
(c) In a well
(d) At the water's edge
2. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(b) Santa Marta
3. The villagers keep a detailed calendar of ______________________.
(a) Buddhist feasts
(b) Portuguese holidays
(c) Christian feasts
(d) Royal birthdays
4. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) His loyalty to the Christian faith
(b) Why he is in India
(c) His family
(d) How much money he has
5. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
2. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
3. Who do the three priests have to ask for permission to travel to Japan?
4. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
5. To where will a hostage be sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
2. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
3. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
4. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
5. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
6. Describe the storm at the beginning of Chapter 2.
7. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
8. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
9. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
10. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)