|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Eat them
(b) Throw them into the sea
(c) Send them to Nagasaki
(d) Stuff them
2. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
3. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
(a) A sacrifice
(b) A marriage
(c) An exorcism
(d) Confessions and baptisms
4. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(a) An exorcism
(c) A sacrifice
(d) A murder
5. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(a) Missionary work
(b) The Caholic soccer team
(c) The whole Catholic faith
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
2. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
3. Who told the two villagers of the two priests' arrival?
4. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
5. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
2. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
3. Describe the priests' journey to India.
4. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
5. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
6. What does Ferreria say happens to seven Christians in Japan?
7. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
8. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
9. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
10. What happens to Mokichi and Ichizo?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)