|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter in Chapter 1?
(d) Santa Marta
2. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Preparing the boat
(b) Finding food
(c) Buying weapons
(d) Finding more sailors
3. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
(a) In a well
(b) At the water's edge
(c) In a prison cell
(d) On the mountain edge
4. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) That they don't pay taxes
(b) Their Christian faith
(c) That they are rich
(d) They are hiding priests
5. In which country is Ferreira missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
2. In what month do the priests reach India?
3. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
4. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
5. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
2. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
3. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
4. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
5. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
6. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
7. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
8. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
9. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
10. Describe the priests' journey to India.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)