|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
(a) In the rescue boats
(b) Behind beer barrels
(c) Behind luggage
(d) In the captain's cabin
2. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
3. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden brothers
(b) Finding Christian artifacts
(c) Informing about secret Christians
(d) Informing about hidden priests
4. Who told the two villagers of the two priests' arrival?
5. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
2. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
3. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
4. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
5. What happens after eight days at sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
2. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
3. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
4. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
5. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
6. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
7. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
8. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
9. What happened to the three men at the magistrate's office?
10. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)