|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
(a) A picture of Noah
(b) A picture of Abraham
(c) A picture of the Virgin Mary
(d) A picture of Jesus Christ
2. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) A mud hut
(b) A chalk hut
(c) An ice hut
(d) A charcoal hut
3. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
(a) A samurai
(b) A Christian village
(d) A buddhist village
4. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
(a) Mokichi and Yuka
(b) Tommasi and Yuka
(c) Mokichi and Kichijiro
(d) Nagasaki and Kichijiro
5. To where will a hostage be sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers hide from the officials?
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
3. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
4. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
5. Who do the three priests have to ask for permission to travel to Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
2. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
3. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
4. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
5. What does the reader learn in the prologue?
6. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
7. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
8. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
9. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
10. Why is there distrust among Christian villagers?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)