|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers hide from the officials?
(a) Their children
(b) Their clothes
(c) Their religious possessions
(d) Their money
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
(d) Santa Marta
3. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Building a ship
(b) Feeding orphans
(c) Working at the missionary college
(d) Converting the homeless
4. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
5. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Juan de Santa Marta
(b) Henry Paul
(c) Franceso Payno
(d) Jose Marie Ballesteros
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the officials release?
2. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
3. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
4. In what month do the priests reach India?
5. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
2. How does Kichijiro prove that he is of weak character?
3. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
4. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
5. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
6. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
7. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
8. How does the rain affect the priest's mindset?
9. In what way do Garrpe and Rodrigues' opinions differ when the two men ask them to come to their village?
10. Describe the two priests' life at the village.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)