|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) The Society of Jesus
(b) For the Love of God
(c) Spreading the Word
(d) The Holy Club
2. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(a) A murder
(b) An exorcism
(c) A sacrifice
3. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(a) Santa Marta
4. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Japanese are in hiding.
(b) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(c) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(d) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
5. In what month do the priests reach India?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the village three days later?
2. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
3. Of what is Valignano in charge?
4. What is below the charcoal hut?
5. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
2. In what way is Rodrigues' faith wavering in Chapter 3?
3. Why are the priests suspicious of Kichijiro?
4. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
5. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
6. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
7. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
8. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
9. Why does Garrpe again interrogate Kichijiro about his religion?
10. What indicators are there that Kichijiro could be trouble?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)