|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
2. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
3. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(b) An exorcism
(c) A murder
(d) A sacrifice
4. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(c) Santa Marta
5. How does the storm damage the boat?
(a) It blows away the living quarters.
(b) It damages the sails.
(c) It rips a hole.
(d) It destroys the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
2. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
3. Where was Jesus betrayed?
4. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
5. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn in the prologue?
2. How does Kichijiro agree to help the two priests?
3. Why does it seem the priests cannot enter Japan?
4. What does Rodrigues do during his stay in Odomari?
5. Why do the three priests want to enter Japan?
6. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
7. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
8. How do the priests show their innocence in Chapter 1?
9. How do the sailors know they have reached land?
10. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)