|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A leaf
(b) A twig
(c) A dead body
(d) A watering can
2. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(b) Missionary work
(c) The whole Catholic faith
(d) The Caholic soccer team
3. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Cristano Ronaldo
(b) Sebastian Rodrigues
(c) Francisco Garrpe
(d) Juan de Santa Marta
4. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
(a) Jeans and t-shirt
(d) Night gowns
5. Who do the officials release?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
2. From what city do the priests depart to India?
3. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
4. With whom does Kichijiro live?
5. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the villagers secretly continue with their Christian faith?
2. Describe the priests' journey to India.
3. What problems did the three priests have to overcome to get to India?
4. What do the two priests decide to do in Chapter 4?
5. Why do the officials burn Mokichi and Ichizo's bodies?
6. In what way are the two priests cautious when they first arrive in Japan?
7. What information does Valignano have about Ferreira?
8. Why do Mokichi, Ichizo and Kichijiro have to leave the village?
9. What do the two priests decide when asked to go to another village?
10. How does the village cope with the raid in Chapter 4?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)