|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
(a) A cow
(b) A horse
(c) An ostrich
(d) A mule
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
(d) Forced marriage
3. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Christianity in Japan
(b) Japanese samurai
(c) Japanese comics
(d) Japanese women
4. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) The docks
(b) A factory
(c) A park
(d) The fields
5. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
6. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Whiney and high
(b) Quiet and calm
(c) Low and manly
(d) Loud and aggressive
7. With what is the elderly man killed?
(a) A gun
(b) A club
(c) A knife
(d) A sword
8. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
9. Where does the interpreter say the peasants will be tortured?
(a) The well
(b) The water front
(c) The iron maiden
(d) The pit
10. Where do the guards eat?
(a) At a house
(b) On the mountain side
(c) At a cafe
(d) At the water front
11. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A mule
(b) A banana
(c) A bowl of soup
(d) A bowl of rice
12. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
13. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(b) An evil religion
(c) A religion
(d) A good way of life
14. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
(c) The king
15. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(a) The interpreter
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the objects brought in from?
2. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
3. What is the goal of a missionary?
4. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
5. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)