|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose image was Rodrigues forced to step?
(d) The Virgin Mary
2. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
(b) The pope
3. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
(a) He will will be sent back home.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) The fate of the peasants rests with him.
4. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(c) Toilet paper
(d) Straw mats
5. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
(a) Rain drops
(d) Prisoners in the pit
6. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A bowl of soup
(b) A mule
(c) A bowl of rice
(d) A banana
7. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
8. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
(a) A stamp
(c) A bible
(d) A gun
9. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
10. What has Rodrigues not had to endure so far?
(a) Japanese theater
(b) Physical pain
(c) Mental pain
(d) A forced marriage
11. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
(b) Tap out songs on his wall
(d) Look out of the window
12. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
13. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
14. What does a guard give Rodrigues one morning?
(a) New clothes
(c) A necklace
(d) A woman
15. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Quiet and calm
(b) Low and manly
(c) Loud and aggressive
(d) Whiney and high
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually precedes the final procession?
2. What is the trampling called?
3. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Why is the caravan covered?
5. From where does the unknown guest come?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)