|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(a) A guard
2. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(a) A religion
(b) A good way of life
(d) An evil religion
3. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Christianity in Japan
(b) A revolution
(c) Rodrigues' letters
4. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(b) The pope
5. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
(a) A covered caravan
(b) A carriage
(c) A bed
(d) A wheel chair
6. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(a) Toilet paper
(d) Straw mats
7. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
(b) Sex before marriage
(c) The Christian God
(d) True love
8. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
(a) Holding back food
(b) Bumping into him
(c) Taliking freely about Christianity
(d) Treating him well
9. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To become powerful
(b) To find gold
(c) To uplift people
(d) To lead people to a new land
10. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A village elder
(b) A monk
(c) A judge
(d) A Christian father
11. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
(a) An ostrich
(b) A horse
(c) A mule
(d) A cow
12. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Meet the magistrate
(b) Go home to Portugal
(c) Visit the peasants as they work
(d) Go shopping
13. What do the children throw at his window?
(b) Raw meat
14. Where do the guards put the elderly man's body?
(a) On the roof of the prison
(b) In the sea
(c) On a fire
(d) In one of the three pits
15. With what is the elderly man killed?
(a) A club
(b) A sword
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interpreter try and persuade Rodrigues to do?
2. What has Rodrigues not had to endure so far?
3. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
4. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
5. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)