|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
(a) Treating him well
(b) Bumping into him
(c) Taliking freely about Christianity
(d) Holding back food
2. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
(a) A bed
(b) A carriage
(c) A covered caravan
(d) A wheel chair
3. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
4. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) The magistrate's house
(b) A caravan
(c) A cave
(d) The guard's house
5. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To uplift people
(b) To find gold
(c) To become powerful
(d) To lead people to a new land
6. Where are the objects brought in from?
7. How does Rodrigues react to the snoring sound?
(a) He bangs on his wall.
(b) He sings.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
8. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
(a) A graveyard
(b) A field
(c) The courtyard
(d) The magistrate's garden
9. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
10. What does Ferreira say he could not take anymore?
(c) God's silence
(d) A life of purity
11. What does a guard give Rodrigues one morning?
(b) A necklace
(c) New clothes
(d) A woman
12. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(b) Jesus Christ
(d) The Virgin Mary
13. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) A park
(b) A factory
(c) The docks
(d) The fields
14. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
15. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
(b) The king
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Garrpe?
2. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
3. What do the two priests talk about?
4. Who else works at the magistrates office?
5. With what is the elderly man killed?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)