|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
(a) Sex before marriage
(b) The Christian God
(c) True love
2. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He swims to India.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is picked up by a boat.
(d) He is killed with a sword.
3. What is Jonassen's nationality?
4. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Where does the caravan stop?
(a) In the middle of a desert
(b) At the plain of Chizukano
(c) Outside a bordello
(d) At a harbor
6. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A cage
(b) A cave
(c) A hole
(d) A small hut
7. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) The shipping yards
(b) The church
(c) A cafe
(d) A hotel
8. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
(a) Santa Marta
9. On whose image was Rodrigues forced to step?
(d) The Virgin Mary
10. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
11. Who else works at the magistrates office?
12. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Rodrigues' letters
(b) Christianity in Japan
(d) A revolution
13. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
(a) He will will be sent back home.
(b) The fate of the peasants rests with him.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) He will be killed.
14. What happened to Yokose-no-Ura?
(a) It was burned to the ground.
(b) It was taken over by samurai.
(c) It was turned into a city.
(d) It was destroyed by a storm.
15. How does Rodrigues react to the snoring sound?
(a) He cries.
(b) He bangs on his wall.
(c) He sings.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
2. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
3. From where does the unknown guest come?
4. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
5. What does Rodrigues have to try and identify the objects as?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)