|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
2. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) The peasants will be tortured.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will be sent to prison for life.
(d) He will be tortured.
3. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(a) The Virgin Mary
(c) Jesus Christ
4. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
(b) Santa Marta
5. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
(a) A graveyard
(b) The magistrate's garden
(c) A field
(d) The courtyard
6. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) He will will be sent back home.
(d) The fate of the peasants rests with him.
7. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
(a) A covered caravan
(b) A carriage
(c) A wheel chair
(d) A bed
8. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A banana
(b) A bowl of soup
(c) A mule
(d) A bowl of rice
9. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
10. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(c) A guard
11. What does one peasant fall sick from?
12. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Rodrigues' letters
(b) A revolution
(d) Christianity in Japan
13. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
14. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
(b) Prisoners in the pit
(d) Rain drops
15. What has Rodrigues not had to endure so far?
(a) Physical pain
(b) Mental pain
(c) Japanese theater
(d) A forced marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
2. What do the children throw at his window?
3. Rodrigues believes there is still hope for ___________________________.
4. Where do the guards eat?
5. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)