|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To uplift people
(b) To become powerful
(c) To lead people to a new land
(d) To find gold
2. What does the interpreter try and persuade Rodrigues to do?
(b) Conduct a confession
(c) Kill himself
(d) Marry a Japanese woman
3. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(a) An evil religion
(b) A good way of life
(c) A religion
4. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Loud and aggressive
(b) Whiney and high
(c) Quiet and calm
(d) Low and manly
5. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(a) The interpreter
6. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(a) Toilet paper
(c) Straw mats
7. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) He will be tortured.
(b) He will be sent to prison for life.
(c) The peasants will be tortured.
(d) He will die.
8. What does the woman offer Rodrigues to eat?
(a) Some nuts
(b) A pickle
(c) A cucumber
(d) An egg
9. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
10. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) The church
(b) The shipping yards
(c) A cafe
(d) A hotel
11. Where does the caravan stop?
(a) At a harbor
(b) At the plain of Chizukano
(c) Outside a bordello
(d) In the middle of a desert
12. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
(a) He will be killed.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) The fate of the peasants rests with him.
(d) He will will be sent back home.
13. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese samurai
(b) Japanese comics
(c) Christianity in Japan
(d) Japanese women
14. Where are the objects brought in from?
15. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(a) His own father
(c) A fellow prisoner
(d) His jailer
Short Answer Questions
1. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
2. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
3. What do the children throw at his window?
4. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
5. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)