|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
(a) A Jesuit harbor
(b) An army base
(c) A Portuguese town
(d) A city
2. Where do the guards put the elderly man's body?
(a) In the sea
(b) On a fire
(c) In one of the three pits
(d) On the roof of the prison
3. Who does Ferreirer serve?
(b) The queen
(c) The king
4. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Rodrigues' letters
(b) Christianity in Japan
(c) A revolution
5. Rodrigues believes there is still hope for ___________________________.
(a) Salvation for Ferreirer
(b) Salvation for the Japanese people
(c) Falling in love
(d) Seeing Portugal again
6. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese samurai
(b) Japanese comics
(c) Japanese women
(d) Christianity in Japan
7. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(c) Straw mats
(d) Toilet paper
8. What do the children throw at his window?
(c) Raw meat
9. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
10. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) A caravan
(b) A cave
(c) The magistrate's house
(d) The guard's house
11. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A cage
(b) A hole
(c) A cave
(d) A small hut
12. From where does the unknown guest come?
(a) The north
(b) The south
(c) The east
(d) The west
13. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(b) The pope
14. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
(c) John the Baptist
15. What usually precedes the final procession?
(c) Forced marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
2. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
3. What does Rodrigues contemplate as he prays?
4. What happens to Garrpe?
5. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)