|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Go home to Portugal
(b) Meet the magistrate
(c) Go shopping
(d) Visit the peasants as they work
2. What is the trampling called?
(c) A fumie
3. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
(a) The courtyard
(b) A field
(c) The magistrate's garden
(d) A graveyard
4. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A small hut
(b) A hole
(c) A cage
(d) A cave
5. What usually precedes the final procession?
(d) Forced marriage
6. In what are the three peasants wrapped?
(a) Straw mats
(c) Toilet paper
7. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A banana
(b) A bowl of soup
(c) A mule
(d) A bowl of rice
8. Where are the three peasants paraded?
(a) A well
(b) The water's edge
(c) A theater
(d) A pit
9. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A village elder
(b) A monk
(c) A judge
(d) A Christian father
10. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
11. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
(a) Holding back food
(b) Treating him well
(c) Taliking freely about Christianity
(d) Bumping into him
12. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese women
(b) Japanese comics
(c) Christianity in Japan
(d) Japanese samurai
13. Where does the caravan stop?
(a) In the middle of a desert
(b) At the plain of Chizukano
(c) Outside a bordello
(d) At a harbor
14. Where are the objects brought in from?
15. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
2. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
3. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
4. Who else works at the magistrates office?
5. What happens to Garrpe?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)