|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
2. Where does the interpreter say the peasants will be tortured?
(a) The iron maiden
(b) The water front
(c) The pit
(d) The well
3. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
(a) An interpreter
(b) A warrior
(c) A priest
(d) A magistrate
4. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To find gold
(b) To lead people to a new land
(c) To uplift people
(d) To become powerful
5. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(a) The pope
6. What does one peasant fall sick from?
7. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(a) His own father
(b) His jailer
(c) A fellow prisoner
8. Who does Ferreirer serve?
(a) The queen
(d) The king
9. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) The peasants will be tortured.
(b) He will be tortured.
(c) He will be sent to prison for life.
(d) He will die.
10. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) The Virgin Mary
11. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
12. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese samurai
(b) Christianity in Japan
(c) Japanese women
(d) Japanese comics
13. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
14. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
(a) The king
15. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Go home to Portugal
(b) Go shopping
(c) Meet the magistrate
(d) Visit the peasants as they work
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
2. With what is the elderly man killed?
3. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
4. Where does the caravan stop?
5. Who does Rodrigues see begging on the way to town?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)