|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
2. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(a) An evil religion
(b) A religion
(d) A good way of life
3. Where are the three peasants paraded?
(a) A pit
(b) A well
(c) A theater
(d) The water's edge
4. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(d) The pope
5. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(a) A guard
6. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) A caravan
(b) The magistrate's house
(c) The guard's house
(d) A cave
7. From where does the unknown guest come?
(a) The south
(b) The east
(c) The west
(d) The north
8. What is the name of the samurai with whom Rodrigues is talking?
9. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(c) The Virgin Mary
(d) Jesus Christ
10. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
11. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
(a) Tap out songs on his wall
(d) Look out of the window
12. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(b) Santa Marta
13. What does one peasant fall sick from?
14. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(a) His jailer
(b) His own father
(c) A fellow prisoner
15. What do the children throw at his window?
(b) Raw meat
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else works at the magistrates office?
2. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
3. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
4. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
5. Where does the caravan stop?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)