|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yokoso-no-Ura used to be?
(a) An army base
(b) A Portuguese town
(c) A city
(d) A Jesuit harbor
2. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
(a) Look out of the window
(c) Tap out songs on his wall
3. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
(d) The pope
4. Where are the objects brought in from?
5. With what is the elderly man killed?
(a) A club
(b) A knife
(c) A sword
(d) A gun
6. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) He will be tortured.
(b) He will be sent to prison for life.
(c) He will die.
(d) The peasants will be tortured.
7. Where does the caravan stop?
(a) Outside a bordello
(b) At a harbor
(c) At the plain of Chizukano
(d) In the middle of a desert
8. Where are the three peasants paraded?
(a) A theater
(b) The water's edge
(c) A well
(d) A pit
9. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To lead people to a new land
(b) To find gold
(c) To uplift people
(d) To become powerful
10. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(c) The interpreter
11. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A Christian father
(b) A judge
(c) A monk
(d) A village elder
12. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(a) The pope
13. What has Rodrigues not had to endure so far?
(a) Japanese theater
(b) Mental pain
(c) Physical pain
(d) A forced marriage
14. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
15. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(d) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
2. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
3. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
4. How does Rodrigues travel to the town?
5. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)