|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A Christian father
(b) A village elder
(c) A monk
(d) A judge
2. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese samurai
(b) Japanese women
(c) Japanese comics
(d) Christianity in Japan
3. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(a) A guard
4. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) He will be sent to prison for life.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) The peasants will be tortured.
5. Rodrigues believes there is still hope for ___________________________.
(a) Salvation for the Japanese people
(b) Falling in love
(c) Salvation for Ferreirer
(d) Seeing Portugal again
6. From where does the unknown guest come?
(a) The south
(b) The north
(c) The east
(d) The west
7. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(b) Santa Marta
8. What is Jonassen's nationality?
9. What does the interpreter try and persuade Rodrigues to do?
(b) Marry a Japanese woman
(c) Conduct a confession
(d) Kill himself
10. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
(b) Marry a Japanese princess
(c) Become a spy
(d) Sacrifice himself
11. What is the trampling called?
(a) A fumie
12. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
(a) Sex before marriage
(b) True love
(c) The Christian God
13. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
(a) John the Baptist
14. What does the woman offer Rodrigues to eat?
(a) A cucumber
(b) A pickle
(c) An egg
(d) Some nuts
15. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Loud and aggressive
(b) Low and manly
(c) Quiet and calm
(d) Whiney and high
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
2. Who else works at the magistrates office?
3. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
4. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
5. What happened to Yokose-no-Ura?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)