|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
(d) Santa Marta
2. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is picked up by a boat.
(c) He is killed with a sword.
(d) He swims to India.
3. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(a) An evil religion
(c) A religion
(d) A good way of life
4. To whom does Rodrigues compare Kichijiro?
5. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Low and manly
(b) Quiet and calm
(c) Whiney and high
(d) Loud and aggressive
6. What does the interpreter try and persuade Rodrigues to do?
(a) Marry a Japanese woman
(c) Conduct a confession
(d) Kill himself
7. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
(a) A stamp
(c) A gun
(d) A bible
8. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(d) Santa Marta
9. What does Ferreira say he could not take anymore?
(b) A life of purity
(c) God's silence
10. Where does the interpreter say the peasants will be tortured?
(a) The pit
(b) The iron maiden
(c) The well
(d) The water front
11. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) The peasants will be tortured.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will be sent to prison for life.
(d) He will be tortured.
12. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To find gold
(b) To become powerful
(c) To lead people to a new land
(d) To uplift people
13. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) The docks
(b) A factory
(c) A park
(d) The fields
14. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(a) A guard
15. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
(a) John the Baptist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the objects brought in from?
2. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
3. Why is the caravan covered?
4. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
5. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)