|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the guards put the elderly man's body?
(a) On a fire
(b) In one of the three pits
(c) On the roof of the prison
(d) In the sea
2. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
(a) A priest
(b) A magistrate
(c) An interpreter
(d) A warrior
3. Who else works at the magistrates office?
4. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
(a) The Christian God
(c) Sex before marriage
(d) True love
5. Who is following Rodrigues as he is paraded through the streets?
(b) The interpreter
6. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
(a) The fate of the peasants rests with him.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) He will will be sent back home.
7. With what is the elderly man killed?
(a) A knife
(b) A sword
(c) A club
(d) A gun
8. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A hole
(b) A cave
(c) A small hut
(d) A cage
9. What does a guard give Rodrigues one morning?
(a) New clothes
(b) A necklace
(d) A woman
10. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
11. Where do the guards eat?
(a) At a house
(b) At a cafe
(c) On the mountain side
(d) At the water front
12. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
(a) Marry a Japanese princess
(c) Sacrifice himself
(d) Become a spy
13. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(c) The pope
14. Why is the caravan covered?
(a) To stop him from seeing the women.
(b) To keep him from getting sunstroke.
(c) So people cannot see .
(d) So he cannot see where he is going.
15. Whose image do the peasants have to trample on in this chapter?
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) The Virgin Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
2. Where are the three peasants paraded?
3. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
4. Where are the peasants forced to work?
5. What does one peasant fall sick from?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)