|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Christianity in Japan
(b) Japanese women
(c) Japanese samurai
(d) Japanese comics
2. What is Rodrigues granted permission to do?
(a) Visit the peasants as they work
(b) Go home to Portugal
(c) Go shopping
(d) Meet the magistrate
3. Where are the objects brought in from?
4. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is killed with a sword.
(c) He is picked up by a boat.
(d) He swims to India.
5. Where do the guards eat?
(a) At a cafe
(b) At a house
(c) At the water front
(d) On the mountain side
6. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
7. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
(b) A religion
(c) A good way of life
(d) An evil religion
8. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) The shipping yards
(b) A cafe
(c) A hotel
(d) The church
9. What do the children throw at his window?
(a) Raw meat
10. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
11. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To find gold
(b) To lead people to a new land
(c) To uplift people
(d) To become powerful
12. What does Ferreira say he could not take anymore?
(a) A life of purity
(b) God's silence
13. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(b) A revolution
(c) Christianity in Japan
(d) Rodrigues' letters
14. What usually precedes the final procession?
(c) Forced marriage
15. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A village elder
(b) A judge
(c) A Christian father
(d) A monk
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
2. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
3. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
4. From where does the unknown guest come?
5. On whose image was Rodrigues forced to step?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)