|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodrigues think Inoue is doing as a tactic?
(a) Bumping into him
(b) Treating him well
(c) Taliking freely about Christianity
(d) Holding back food
2. Where are the peasants made to dig three holes?
(a) A field
(b) A graveyard
(c) The magistrate's garden
(d) The courtyard
3. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) A cafe
(b) A hotel
(c) The shipping yards
(d) The church
4. What will happen if Rodrigues does not apostatize?
(a) The peasants will be tortured.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will be tortured.
(d) He will be sent to prison for life.
5. What usually precedes the final procession?
(b) Forced marriage
6. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A cage
(b) A cave
(c) A hole
(d) A small hut
7. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) A caravan
(b) The guard's house
(c) The magistrate's house
(d) A cave
8. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A village elder
(b) A Christian father
(c) A monk
(d) A judge
9. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
10. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
(a) A carriage
(b) A bed
(c) A covered caravan
(d) A wheel chair
11. What is Jonassen's nationality?
12. Who has to give permission before Rodrigues leaves his cell?
(b) The pope
13. What does Ferreira say he could not take anymore?
(a) A life of purity
(c) God's silence
14. What happened to Yokose-no-Ura?
(a) It was turned into a city.
(b) It was burned to the ground.
(c) It was taken over by samurai.
(d) It was destroyed by a storm.
15. What is the goal of a missionary?
(a) To uplift people
(b) To become powerful
(c) To find gold
(d) To lead people to a new land
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
2. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
3. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
4. What does Rodrigues have to do to free the peasants?
5. Who does Rodrigues meet at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)