|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(b) A fellow prisoner
(c) His jailer
(d) His own father
2. How does Rodrigues travel to the town?
(a) By walking
(b) By train
(c) By horse
(d) By ship
3. Who else works at the magistrates office?
4. On whose image was Rodrigues forced to step?
(b) The Virgin Mary
5. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
(c) Santa Marta
6. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(b) A revolution
(c) Rodrigues' letters
(d) Christianity in Japan
7. What is Jonassen's nationality?
8. How does Rodrigues react to the snoring sound?
(a) He bangs on his wall.
(b) He sings.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
9. With whom did Inoue formerly consult?
(a) A monk
(b) A judge
(c) A Christian father
(d) A village elder
10. On what kind of animal is Rodrigues placed?
(a) A horse
(b) A cow
(c) An ostrich
(d) A mule
11. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
12. What is the only thing Rodrigues can do in his new room?
(a) Look out of the window
(d) Tap out songs on his wall
13. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
14. Who has ordered the peasants' torture?
(c) The king
15. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) The magistrate's house
(b) A cave
(c) A caravan
(d) The guard's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waits for Rodrigues in another room?
2. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
3. What is the season in Japan at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Rodrigues now feel for his former teacher?
5. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)