|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
2. Where does Jonassen work?
(a) A hotel
(b) The church
(c) A cafe
(d) The shipping yards
3. To whose situation does Rodrigues compare his own?
(c) John the Baptist
4. What do the two priests talk about?
(a) Japanese women
(b) Japanese comics
(c) Japanese samurai
(d) Christianity in Japan
5. Where do the guards put the elderly man's body?
(a) On the roof of the prison
(b) In the sea
(c) On a fire
(d) In one of the three pits
6. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
(a) A priest
(b) A magistrate
(c) An interpreter
(d) A warrior
7. Where is Rodrigues' new cell?
(a) The guard's house
(b) A cave
(c) A caravan
(d) The magistrate's house
8. Where do the guards eat?
(a) At the water front
(b) At a house
(c) At a cafe
(d) On the mountain side
9. What word best describes Rodrigues' prison cell?
(a) A hole
(b) A small hut
(c) A cage
(d) A cave
10. In what kind of voice does the samurai talk to Rodrigues?
(a) Quiet and calm
(b) Whiney and high
(c) Loud and aggressive
(d) Low and manly
11. Who of the following is with the three peasants?
12. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
13. Who does Ferreira say would also have apostacized in the same situation?
(c) The pope
14. What new town does Rodrigues travel to in this chapter?
15. Who is chased off by the guards in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is the elderly man killed?
2. What does the Samurai tell Rodrigues?
3. What is the trampling called?
4. What is the source of the snoring Rodrigues thinks he can hear?
5. What does Rodrigues have to try and identify the objects as?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)