|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dives in to try and save the three peasants?
2. What usually precedes the final procession?
(c) Forced marriage
3. What does Rodrigues have to try and identify the objects as?
(b) Mineral or vegetable
4. Why is the caravan covered?
(a) So he cannot see where he is going.
(b) So people cannot see .
(c) To stop him from seeing the women.
(d) To keep him from getting sunstroke.
5. What does Kichijiro bring to Rodrigues?
(a) A bowl of soup
(b) A bowl of rice
(c) A banana
(d) A mule
6. Where are the peasants forced to work?
(a) The fields
(b) The docks
(c) A park
(d) A factory
7. What do people throw at Rodrigues?
8. What happens to Garrpe?
(a) He is killed with a sword.
(b) He is picked up by a boat.
(c) He swims to India.
(d) He drowns.
9. What does Rodrigues convince the guard to give him?
(a) A stamp
(c) A bible
(d) A gun
10. Who does Ferreirer serve?
(a) The king
(d) The queen
11. What is the role of the next samurai who visits Rodrigues?
(a) A magistrate
(b) A priest
(c) A warrior
(d) An interpreter
12. Who does Rodrigues ask for an explanation?
(d) A guard
13. What do Inoue and Rodrigues discuss?
14. Chapter 5 marks the end of _________________.
(a) Rodrigues' letters
(b) Christianity in Japan
(c) A revolution
15. Who does Rodrigues think he can hear snoring?
(b) His jailer
(c) A fellow prisoner
(d) His own father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Inoue not consider Christianity to be?
2. In what is Rodriguez transported through the streets?
3. Which Portuguese name does the interpreter mention?
4. What do the two priests talk about?
5. In what does Ferreira say the Japanese have never believed?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)