|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) To swim in the sea
(b) To have more than one child
(c) To build new huts
(d) For Christians to gather
2. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Christmas in Japan
(b) A religious war
(c) Problems with China
(d) Torture of Christians in Japan
3. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) The captain's cabin
(b) Behind luggage
(c) Behind beer barrels
(d) In the rescue boats
4. What is the name of the village the two men are from?
5. What is the name of the Japanese man the priests find?
6. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(c) Santa Marta
7. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
(a) A tree
(b) Long grass
(d) A brush patch
8. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
9. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Chinese ships
(b) English ships
(c) Portuguese ships
(d) Spanish ships
10. To where will a hostage be sent?
11. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
12. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
13. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Cries out for pardon
(b) Kicks them
(c) Runs away
(d) Pulls out a knife
14. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Henry Paul
(b) Juan de Santa Marta
(c) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(d) Franceso Payno
15. What is below the charcoal hut?
(a) A river
(b) The sea
(c) A village
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the three priests have to ask for permission to travel to Japan?
2. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
3. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
4. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
5. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)