|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
2. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
(a) Lionel Messi
(c) The pope
3. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
(a) Prosim vas
(b) Caj a Kava
(c) Santa Maria
4. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(c) Santa Marta
5. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His drunken appearance
(b) His drug dealing
(c) His atheist beliefs
(d) His dishonesty
6. Who writes the letter in Chapter 1?
(b) Santa Marta
7. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
8. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Send them to Nagasaki
(b) Throw them into the sea
(c) Stuff them
(d) Eat them
9. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Building a ship
(b) Feeding orphans
(c) Converting the homeless
(d) Working at the missionary college
10. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
(a) Urinate on it
(b) Tear it up
(c) Spit on it
(d) Lick it
11. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
12. With whom does Kichijiro live?
(a) A priest
(b) His sister
(c) A Chinese family
(d) An Indian family
13. To where will a hostage be sent?
14. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(a) Poisons the food
(d) Stops working
15. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) An ice hut
(b) A chalk hut
(c) A charcoal hut
(d) A mud hut
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
2. Where was Ferreira tortured?
3. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
4. What do the tossama do?
5. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)