|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
2. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
3. To whom do the hostages have to present themselves?
(a) The king
(b) The magistrate
(c) The head samurai
(d) The queen
4. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) His family
(b) Why he is in India
(c) How much money he has
(d) His loyalty to the Christian faith
5. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Throw them into the sea
(b) Eat them
(c) Send them to Nagasaki
(d) Stuff them
6. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(b) Santa Marta
7. Where was Ferreira tortured?
8. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
9. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
10. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Portuguese ships
(b) English ships
(c) Spanish ships
(d) Chinese ships
11. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
(b) The pope
(d) Lionel Messi
12. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
13. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
(a) A picture of Jesus Christ
(b) A picture of Abraham
(c) A picture of the Virgin Mary
(d) A picture of Noah
14. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(b) Stops working
(c) Poisons the food
15. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His atheist beliefs
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His drug dealing
(d) His drunken appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
3. What is below the charcoal hut?
4. With whom does Kichijiro live?
5. What happens after eight days at sea?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)