|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do the hostages have to present themselves?
(a) The king
(b) The magistrate
(c) The queen
(d) The head samurai
2. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(d) Another village
3. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
4. In what Indian town do the priests stay?
5. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His faith
(b) His loyalty
(c) His family history
(d) His nationality
6. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
(a) A brush patch
(b) A tree
(c) Long grass
7. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To feed the fish
(b) To prevent a Christian burial
(c) To frighten the villagers
(d) To stop the smell of death
8. How does the storm damage the boat?
(a) It destroys the mast.
(b) It blows away the living quarters.
(c) It damages the sails.
(d) It rips a hole.
9. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(b) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(c) The Japanese are in hiding.
(d) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
10. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(a) An exorcism
(b) A murder
(c) A sacrifice
11. Where was Jesus betrayed?
(a) Tel Aviv
12. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
13. Who do the officials release?
14. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) A fellow priest
(b) The Japanese government
(c) A Chinese sailor
(d) Merchant sailors
15. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(c) Government palaces
(d) Soup kitchens
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
2. From what city do the priests depart to India?
3. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
4. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
5. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)