|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the officials release?
2. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His drunken appearance
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His drug dealing
(d) His atheist beliefs
3. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Franceso Payno
(b) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(c) Henry Paul
(d) Juan de Santa Marta
4. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
5. Who returns to the village three days later?
(a) A translator
(b) An elderly samurai
(c) A village elder
(d) A prince
6. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Buying weapons
(b) Finding more sailors
(c) Finding food
(d) Preparing the boat
7. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
(a) Boiling water
(b) Hot soup
8. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(c) Santa Marta
9. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They relinquish their weapons.
(b) They hand out their food.
(c) They put up a small sail.
(d) They make themselves seen.
10. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To frighten the villagers
(b) To feed the fish
(c) To stop the smell of death
(d) To prevent a Christian burial
11. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Problems with China
(b) Torture of Christians in Japan
(c) A religious war
(d) Christmas in Japan
12. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) Ten villagers will be hanged.
(b) The village will be burned down.
(c) They will be starved.
(d) A hostage will be taken.
13. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Cristano Ronaldo
(b) Francisco Garrpe
(c) Juan de Santa Marta
(d) Sebastian Rodrigues
14. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(c) Santa Marta
15. In what month do the priests reach India?
Short Answer Questions
1. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
2. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
3. How does the storm damage the boat?
4. Of what is Valignano in charge?
5. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)