|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) His family
(b) Why he is in India
(c) His loyalty to the Christian faith
(d) How much money he has
2. What does Rodrigues conclude about Kichijiro?
(a) He is not a Christian.
(b) He is a mere child.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He has had a hard life.
3. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
(a) Lick it
(b) Urinate on it
(c) Tear it up
(d) Spit on it
4. Where was Jesus betrayed?
(d) Tel Aviv
5. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Feeding orphans
(b) Converting the homeless
(c) Working at the missionary college
(d) Building a ship
6. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(c) Santa Marta
7. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To feed the fish
(b) To frighten the villagers
(c) To prevent a Christian burial
(d) To stop the smell of death
8. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) The Holy Club
(b) For the Love of God
(c) Spreading the Word
(d) The Society of Jesus
9. What is the Japanese word for priest?
10. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
11. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) A merchant sailor
(b) An Indian official
(c) A Chinese sailor
(d) A Japanse person
12. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
13. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Informing about secret Christians
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Finding Christian artifacts
14. With whom does Kichijiro live?
(a) His sister
(b) A priest
(c) A Chinese family
(d) An Indian family
15. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(c) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
2. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
3. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
4. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
5. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)