|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
(a) Hot soup
(d) Boiling water
2. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(c) Another village
3. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(b) Poisons the food
(c) Stops working
4. Who told the two villagers of the two priests' arrival?
5. The villagers keep a detailed calendar of ______________________.
(a) Christian feasts
(b) Royal birthdays
(c) Buddhist feasts
(d) Portuguese holidays
6. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) A Japanse person
(b) A Chinese sailor
(c) An Indian official
(d) A merchant sailor
7. What do the tossama do?
(a) Punish atheists
(b) Teach and lead prayers
(c) Reason with officials
(d) Hear confession
8. To whom do the hostages have to present themselves?
(a) The queen
(b) The magistrate
(c) The head samurai
(d) The king
9. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) Why he is in India
(b) How much money he has
(c) His family
(d) His loyalty to the Christian faith
10. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They make themselves seen.
(b) They hand out their food.
(c) They relinquish their weapons.
(d) They put up a small sail.
11. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) Their Christian faith
(b) That they don't pay taxes
(c) They are hiding priests
(d) That they are rich
12. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
(a) A donkey
(c) A prince
(d) Two villagers
13. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(a) The Caholic soccer team
(c) The whole Catholic faith
(d) Missionary work
14. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) English ships
(b) Portuguese ships
(c) Spanish ships
(d) Chinese ships
15. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Problems with China
(b) Christmas in Japan
(c) Torture of Christians in Japan
(d) A religious war
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
2. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
3. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
4. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
5. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)