|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
2. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
(a) Long grass
(b) A tree
(c) A brush patch
3. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They make themselves seen.
(b) They hand out their food.
(c) They relinquish their weapons.
(d) They put up a small sail.
4. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Pulls out a knife
(b) Cries out for pardon
(c) Runs away
(d) Kicks them
5. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
6. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
(a) The pope
(d) Lionel Messi
7. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
(a) A sacrifice
(b) Confessions and baptisms
(c) A marriage
(d) An exorcism
8. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(d) Another village
9. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
(b) Night gowns
(c) Jeans and t-shirt
10. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
11. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) In the rescue boats
(b) The captain's cabin
(c) Behind beer barrels
(d) Behind luggage
12. Where was Jesus betrayed?
(c) Tel Aviv
13. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
(a) In a prison cell
(b) At the water's edge
(c) On the mountain edge
(d) In a well
14. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) Spreading the Word
(b) For the Love of God
(c) The Society of Jesus
(d) The Holy Club
15. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
(a) A samurai
(c) A buddhist village
(d) A Christian village
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
2. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
3. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
4. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
5. With whom does Kichijiro live?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)