|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the charcoal hut?
(a) In the forest
(b) On a hilltop
(d) On the mountainside
2. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(c) Santa Marta
3. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A leaf
(b) A twig
(c) A dead body
(d) A watering can
4. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Feeding orphans
(b) Converting the homeless
(c) Working at the missionary college
(d) Building a ship
5. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Stuff them
(b) Eat them
(c) Throw them into the sea
(d) Send them to Nagasaki
6. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) The Japanese government
(b) A fellow priest
(c) A Chinese sailor
(d) Merchant sailors
7. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Sebastian Rodrigues
(b) Juan de Santa Marta
(c) Cristano Ronaldo
(d) Francisco Garrpe
8. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(c) Poisons the food
(d) Stops working
9. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(a) Soup kitchens
(c) Government palaces
10. Where do Garrpe and Rodrigues hide?
(a) In the captain's cabin
(b) Behind luggage
(c) Behind beer barrels
(d) In the rescue boats
11. Where was Ferreira tortured?
12. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(a) Missionary work
(b) The whole Catholic faith
(c) The Caholic soccer team
13. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
14. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) Their Christian faith
(b) They are hiding priests
(c) That they don't pay taxes
(d) That they are rich
15. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(d) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
2. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
3. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
4. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
5. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)