|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Henry Paul
(b) Franceso Payno
(c) Juan de Santa Marta
(d) Jose Marie Ballesteros
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(a) Stops working
(d) Poisons the food
3. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
(b) Boiling water
(c) Hot soup
4. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A leaf
(b) A twig
(c) A dead body
(d) A watering can
5. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His loyalty
(b) His faith
(c) His family history
(d) His nationality
6. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) To build new huts
(b) To swim in the sea
(c) For Christians to gather
(d) To have more than one child
7. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
(a) Mokichi and Yuka
(b) Tommasi and Yuka
(c) Mokichi and Kichijiro
(d) Nagasaki and Kichijiro
8. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
9. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Runs away
(b) Cries out for pardon
(c) Kicks them
(d) Pulls out a knife
10. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Finding more sailors
(b) Buying weapons
(c) Finding food
(d) Preparing the boat
11. In which country is Ferreira missing?
12. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Sebastian Rodrigues
(b) Juan de Santa Marta
(c) Francisco Garrpe
(d) Cristano Ronaldo
13. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) Behind beer barrels
(b) Behind luggage
(c) In the rescue boats
(d) The captain's cabin
14. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
(a) A picture of Noah
(b) A picture of Jesus Christ
(c) A picture of the Virgin Mary
(d) A picture of Abraham
15. To where will a hostage be sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
2. What do the tossama do?
3. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
4. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
5. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)