|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) The village will be burned down.
(b) They will be starved.
(c) Ten villagers will be hanged.
(d) A hostage will be taken.
2. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(a) Another village
3. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
4. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A twig
(b) A leaf
(c) A dead body
(d) A watering can
5. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(b) Stops working
(c) Poisons the food
6. Who do the officials release?
7. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
(a) Hang them
(b) Imprison them
(c) Shoot them
(d) Use them as slaves
8. What happens after eight days at sea?
(a) A storm blows up
(b) Pirates take over the ship
(c) There is a mutiny
(d) Garrde falls ill
9. From what city do the priests depart to India?
10. What do the tossama do?
(a) Punish atheists
(b) Hear confession
(c) Reason with officials
(d) Teach and lead prayers
11. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
(b) Jeans and t-shirt
(c) Night gowns
12. With whom does Kichijiro live?
(a) A priest
(b) His sister
(c) A Chinese family
(d) An Indian family
13. What is the Japanese word for priest?
14. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
(a) Confessions and baptisms
(b) An exorcism
(c) A marriage
(d) A sacrifice
15. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
(b) Lionel Messi
(d) The pope
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jesus betrayed?
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
3. To whom do the hostages have to present themselves?
4. What is below the charcoal hut?
5. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)