|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the officials do with the two dead bodies?
(a) Send them to Nagasaki
(b) Stuff them
(c) Eat them
(d) Throw them into the sea
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
(a) Santa Marta
3. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
(a) A Christian village
(c) A buddhist village
(d) A samurai
4. What did the men have to do to the picture after they trampled on it?
(a) Tear it up
(b) Lick it
(c) Urinate on it
(d) Spit on it
5. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
6. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) A charcoal hut
(b) An ice hut
(c) A chalk hut
(d) A mud hut
7. What is the name of the village the two men are from?
8. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
9. In what month do the priests reach India?
10. From what city do the priests depart to India?
11. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(b) Soup kitchens
(d) Government palaces
12. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Cries out for pardon
(b) Runs away
(c) Kicks them
(d) Pulls out a knife
13. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
14. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To stop the smell of death
(b) To frighten the villagers
(c) To feed the fish
(d) To prevent a Christian burial
15. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is below the charcoal hut?
2. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
3. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
4. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
5. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)