|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
2. What is the name of the village the two men are from?
3. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(b) Santa Marta
4. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) The Holy Club
(b) The Society of Jesus
(c) For the Love of God
(d) Spreading the Word
5. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(c) Santa Marta
6. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A dead body
(b) A watering can
(c) A leaf
(d) A twig
7. To where will a hostage be sent?
8. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) A hostage will be taken.
(b) The village will be burned down.
(c) Ten villagers will be hanged.
(d) They will be starved.
9. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To prevent a Christian burial
(b) To frighten the villagers
(c) To feed the fish
(d) To stop the smell of death
10. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) A mud hut
(b) An ice hut
(c) A charcoal hut
(d) A chalk hut
11. In what month do the priests reach India?
12. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Sebastian Rodrigues
(b) Juan de Santa Marta
(c) Francisco Garrpe
(d) Cristano Ronaldo
13. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
(a) They are hiding priests
(b) Their Christian faith
(c) That they don't pay taxes
(d) That they are rich
14. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
15. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
(a) Night gowns
(b) Jeans and t-shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
2. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
3. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
4. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
5. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)