|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
(b) Government palaces
(d) Soup kitchens
2. Where is the charcoal hut?
(a) On the mountainside
(b) On a hilltop
(d) In the forest
3. In what month do the priests reach India?
4. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
(a) A picture of Noah
(b) A picture of Abraham
(c) A picture of Jesus Christ
(d) A picture of the Virgin Mary
5. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Christmas in Japan
(b) A religious war
(c) Torture of Christians in Japan
(d) Problems with China
6. Who writes the letter in Chapter 1?
(c) Santa Marta
7. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
(a) Prosim vas
(b) Santa Maria
(c) Caj a Kava
8. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) For Christians to gather
(b) To build new huts
(c) To have more than one child
(d) To swim in the sea
9. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
10. Who do the officials release?
11. The villagers keep a detailed calendar of ______________________.
(a) Royal birthdays
(b) Portuguese holidays
(c) Buddhist feasts
(d) Christian feasts
12. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Finding more sailors
(b) Buying weapons
(c) Finding food
(d) Preparing the boat
13. Where do the officials tie Ichizo and Mokichi?
(a) On the mountain edge
(b) In a prison cell
(c) In a well
(d) At the water's edge
14. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about secret Christians
(b) Finding Christian artifacts
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Informing about hidden priests
15. What is below the charcoal hut?
(a) A river
(c) The sea
(d) A village
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
3. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
4. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
5. From what city do the priests depart to India?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)