Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is outside the priests' hut in this chapter?
(a) A donkey
(c) Two villagers
(d) A prince
2. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
3. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Finding Christian artifacts
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Informing about secret Christians
4. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
(b) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(c) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(d) The Japanese are in hiding.
5. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
6. What does Kichijiro agree to find for the priests in Japan?
(a) A samurai
(b) A buddhist village
(d) A Christian village
7. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(b) The Caholic soccer team
(c) Missionary work
(d) The whole Catholic faith
8. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(b) A sacrifice
(c) An exorcism
(d) A murder
9. From what city do the priests depart to India?
10. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Converting the homeless
(b) Feeding orphans
(c) Working at the missionary college
(d) Building a ship
11. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(c) Santa Marta
12. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Kicks them
(b) Cries out for pardon
(c) Runs away
(d) Pulls out a knife
13. Who do Garrpe and Rodrigues have to wait for in this chapter?
(a) Santa Marta
14. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
15. What does Rodrigues perform in Odomari?
(a) An exorcism
(b) Confessions and baptisms
(c) A marriage
(d) A sacrifice
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
2. What is below the charcoal hut?
3. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
4. The guards demand that the peasants admit to _____________________.
5. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)