|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(a) Poisons the food
(d) Stops working
2. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
(b) The Japanese are in hiding.
(c) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(d) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
3. What does Mokichi do when he has strength?
4. what do the two priests wear in their hut?
(b) Jeans and t-shirt
(c) Night gowns
5. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
6. Where was Jesus betrayed?
(d) Tel Aviv
7. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
8. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(b) Another village
9. What month is the rainy season in Japan?
10. What do the two men want the priest to perform in their village?
(b) An exorcism
(c) A murder
(d) A sacrifice
11. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
12. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
(a) Why he is in India
(b) His family
(c) How much money he has
(d) His loyalty to the Christian faith
13. What is the Japanese word for priest?
14. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Working at the missionary college
(b) Building a ship
(c) Converting the homeless
(d) Feeding orphans
15. Where is the charcoal hut?
(a) In the forest
(b) On a hilltop
(c) On the mountainside
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
2. What have officials made it difficult to do?
3. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
4. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
5. What is the name of the Japanese man the priests find?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)