|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where will a hostage be sent?
2. What is below the charcoal hut?
(a) A village
(b) A river
(d) The sea
3. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) The Society of Jesus
(b) The Holy Club
(c) Spreading the Word
(d) For the Love of God
4. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
5. Who advised the men to trample on the picture?
6. Which of the priests falls ill on the journey to Macao?
(a) Santa Marta
7. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) They will be starved.
(b) The village will be burned down.
(c) A hostage will be taken.
(d) Ten villagers will be hanged.
8. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
(a) Hang them
(b) Use them as slaves
(c) Shoot them
(d) Imprison them
9. What do the villagers hide from the officials?
(a) Their religious possessions
(b) Their clothes
(c) Their children
(d) Their money
10. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A watering can
(b) A dead body
(c) A leaf
(d) A twig
11. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) A Chinese sailor
(b) Merchant sailors
(c) A fellow priest
(d) The Japanese government
12. How does Rodrigues feel as he returns to Tomogi?
(b) Happy and tearful
(c) Uplifted and unafraid
13. In what Indian town do the priests stay?
14. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Chinese ships
(b) Spanish ships
(c) English ships
(d) Portuguese ships
15. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
(b) Santa Maria
(c) Prosim vas
(d) Caj a Kava
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
2. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
3. In what month do the priests reach India?
4. Where do the priests decide Rodrigues will go in this chapter?
5. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)