|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Torture of Christians in Japan
(b) Problems with China
(c) Christmas in Japan
(d) A religious war
2. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
(b) A tree
(c) Long grass
(d) A brush patch
3. Who told the two villagers of the two priests' arrival?
4. What is the name of the village the two men are from?
5. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Henry Paul
(b) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(c) Franceso Payno
(d) Juan de Santa Marta
6. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
7. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
8. In which country is Ferreira missing?
9. Where is the charcoal hut?
(a) On a hilltop
(b) On the mountainside
(d) In the forest
10. What is the Japanese word for priest?
11. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) Behind luggage
(b) Behind beer barrels
(c) The captain's cabin
(d) In the rescue boats
12. What does Rodrigues conclude about Kichijiro?
(a) He is a mere child.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He has had a hard life.
(d) He is not a Christian.
13. What is the name of the priests' Portuguese missionary?
(a) For the Love of God
(b) The Society of Jesus
(c) The Holy Club
(d) Spreading the Word
14. Of what is Valignano in charge?
(a) The whole Catholic faith
(c) The Caholic soccer team
(d) Missionary work
15. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They make themselves seen.
(b) They relinquish their weapons.
(c) They put up a small sail.
(d) They hand out their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
2. What do the tossama do?
3. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
4. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
5. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)