|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Franceso Payno
(b) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(c) Henry Paul
(d) Juan de Santa Marta
2. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) To swim in the sea
(b) To have more than one child
(c) To build new huts
(d) For Christians to gather
3. In which country is Ferreira missing?
4. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Spanish ships
(b) Portuguese ships
(c) Chinese ships
(d) English ships
5. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
(a) Boiling water
(d) Hot soup
6. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
(a) Use them as slaves
(b) Imprison them
(c) Shoot them
(d) Hang them
7. In what kind of hut do the peasants hide the priests?
(a) A mud hut
(b) A charcoal hut
(c) A chalk hut
(d) An ice hut
8. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(c) Stops working
(d) Poisons the food
9. Who ensures the safety of the villagers?
10. Who returns to the village three days later?
(a) A village elder
(b) An elderly samurai
(c) A translator
(d) A prince
11. What happens after eight days at sea?
(a) There is a mutiny
(b) Garrde falls ill
(c) Pirates take over the ship
(d) A storm blows up
12. Who do the officials release?
13. What do the tossama do?
(a) Reason with officials
(b) Hear confession
(c) Teach and lead prayers
(d) Punish atheists
14. Who reports that Ferreira was captured?
(a) A fellow priest
(b) Merchant sailors
(c) The Japanese government
(d) A Chinese sailor
15. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They put up a small sail.
(b) They hand out their food.
(c) They make themselves seen.
(d) They relinquish their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
2. In what Indian town do the priests stay?
3. Where do the priests decide Garrpe will go in this chapter?
4. To where will a hostage be sent?
5. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)