|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
2. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A watering can
(b) A twig
(c) A dead body
(d) A leaf
3. On what picture do the three men have to trample?
(a) A picture of the Virgin Mary
(b) A picture of Noah
(c) A picture of Abraham
(d) A picture of Jesus Christ
4. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Building a ship
(b) Working at the missionary college
(c) Feeding orphans
(d) Converting the homeless
5. What will happen if the peasants do not admit to their Christian faith?
(a) The village will be burned down.
(b) Ten villagers will be hanged.
(c) A hostage will be taken.
(d) They will be starved.
6. What happens after eight days at sea?
(a) Garrde falls ill
(b) A storm blows up
(c) There is a mutiny
(d) Pirates take over the ship
7. For what is a person rewarded 300 pieces of silver?
(a) Informing about hidden priests
(b) Informing about spies
(c) Informing about hidden brothers
(d) Finding Christian artifacts
8. Who does Mokichi say is raiding the village?
(a) Another village
9. From what country is Christovao Ferreira?
10. Where does Kichijiro hide during the storm?
(a) The captain's cabin
(b) In the rescue boats
(c) Behind luggage
(d) Behind beer barrels
11. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
12. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
13. Where do the priests hide to view what is happening in the village?
(a) Long grass
(b) A brush patch
(d) A tree
14. Who tells the priests what happened in the village?
(a) Tommasi and Yuka
(b) Mokichi and Yuka
(c) Mokichi and Kichijiro
(d) Nagasaki and Kichijiro
15. What feeling does the incident raise among the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
2. For what is a person rewarded 100 pieces of silver?
3. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
4. What is the nationality of the boat crew?
5. Where was Ferreira tortured?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)