|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Chinese ships
(b) Portuguese ships
(c) English ships
(d) Spanish ships
2. Why do the officials throw the dead bodies into the sea?
(a) To stop the smell of death
(b) To prevent a Christian burial
(c) To feed the fish
(d) To frighten the villagers
3. What is the Japanese word for the religious helpers?
4. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) For Christians to gather
(b) To have more than one child
(c) To swim in the sea
(d) To build new huts
5. Who writes the letter in Chapter 2?
(b) Santa Marta
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
2. Who returns to the village three days later?
3. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
4. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
5. What does Rodrigues conclude about Kichijiro?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)