|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have officials made it difficult to do?
(a) To have more than one child
(b) To swim in the sea
(c) For Christians to gather
(d) To build new huts
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Cries out for pardon
(b) Kicks them
(c) Pulls out a knife
(d) Runs away
3. What does a sailor notice floating in the water?
(a) A leaf
(b) A twig
(c) A dead body
(d) A watering can
4. Who do the three priests have to ask for permission to travel to Japan?
(a) The Japanese government
(b) The portuguese government
(c) The Roman church
(d) Their parents
5. The villagers keep a detailed calendar of ______________________.
(a) Royal birthdays
(b) Portuguese holidays
(c) Christian feasts
(d) Buddhist feasts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is not chosen as a hostage?
2. Who meets Rodrigues at the meeting point?
3. Who do the officials release?
4. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
5. What do the two priests crush in their hut?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)