|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Runs away
(b) Pulls out a knife
(c) Cries out for pardon
(d) Kicks them
2. Who writes the letter in Chapter 1?
(a) Santa Marta
3. What do the officials do with priests that don't apostatize?
(a) Shoot them
(b) Hang them
(c) Imprison them
(d) Use them as slaves
4. Kichijiro's murmurings prompt Garrpe to interrogate him on ___________________.
(a) His family history
(b) His faith
(c) His loyalty
(d) His nationality
5. How do the Chinese sailors try to avoid the suspicion of larger ships?
(a) They put up a small sail.
(b) They hand out their food.
(c) They make themselves seen.
(d) They relinquish their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
2. Where do the authorities confine the Christian women?
3. What is the Japanese word for priest?
4. Which of the following phrases does Kichijiro moan?
5. Of what is Valignano in charge?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)