|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Santa Marta unable to assist his friends in doing?
(a) Building a ship
(b) Converting the homeless
(c) Working at the missionary college
(d) Feeding orphans
2. What is the Japanese word for priest?
3. Which of the priests is unable to travel to Japan?
(c) Santa Marta
4. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(b) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(c) The Japanese are in hiding.
(d) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
5. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Torture of Christians in Japan
(b) Problems with China
(c) A religious war
(d) Christmas in Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
2. Where is the charcoal hut?
3. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
4. What happens after eight days at sea?
5. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)