|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His atheist beliefs
(b) His drunken appearance
(c) His dishonesty
(d) His drug dealing
2. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Japanese are in hiding.
(b) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(c) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
(d) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
3. In what month do the priests reach India?
4. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(b) Henry Paul
(c) Juan de Santa Marta
(d) Franceso Payno
5. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
(a) Spanish ships
(b) Portuguese ships
(c) English ships
(d) Chinese ships
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
2. Who of the following is not one of Ferreira's students?
3. Of what is Valignano in charge?
4. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
5. Which of the following nationalities are not hostile towards Portuguese ships?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)