|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what city do the priests depart to India?
2. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese are not watching?
(a) Poisons the food
(b) Stops working
3. Who do the three priests have to ask for permission to travel to Japan?
(a) The Roman church
(b) The portuguese government
(c) The Japanese government
(d) Their parents
4. What kind of person do the priests need to locate?
(a) A Japanse person
(b) A merchant sailor
(c) An Indian official
(d) A Chinese sailor
5. With what does Kichijiro help the sailors?
(a) Finding food
(b) Finding more sailors
(c) Buying weapons
(d) Preparing the boat
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ships are not allowed to enter Japan?
2. What is the name of the Japanese man the priests find?
3. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
4. Where was Ferreira tortured?
5. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)