|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of the following is one of Ferreira's students?
(a) Henry Paul
(b) Jose Marie Ballesteros
(c) Juan de Santa Marta
(d) Franceso Payno
2. What does not impress Rodrigues about Kichijiro?
(a) His drug dealing
(b) His dishonesty
(c) His atheist beliefs
(d) His drunken appearance
3. What does Kichijiro do when the Chinese sailors beat him?
(a) Pulls out a knife
(b) Kicks them
(c) Runs away
(d) Cries out for pardon
4. What did Ferreira's last letter detail?
(a) Christmas in Japan
(b) Problems with China
(c) Torture of Christians in Japan
(d) A religious war
5. Why is it difficult to find a Japanese person in Macao?
(a) The Macao locals are hostile towards the Japanese.
(b) The Japanese are in hiding.
(c) Trade has decreased between Macao and Japan.
(d) The Japanese are not allowed to leave their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of Japan are the boiling waters mentioned in the letter?
2. What is ladled over the people tied to the stake?
3. In which country is Ferreira missing?
4. Who refuses to allow the priests to enter Japan?
5. About what does Garrpe question Kichijiro?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)