|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(b) His spoon.
(c) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(d) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
2. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
(a) Paul Krendler.
(c) Dr. Danielson.
(d) Senator Martin.
3. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(b) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He demands her gun and badge.
4. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) A gas lantern.
(b) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(c) Strategically placed torches.
(d) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
5. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His Special Things.
(b) His mother's keepsakes.
(c) His sewing supplies.
(d) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
2. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
3. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
4. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
5. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
2. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
3. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
4. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
5. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
6. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
7. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
8. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
9. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
10. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)