|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(b) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(c) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(d) His spoon.
2. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(c) Sergeant Tate.
(d) Jack Crawford.
3. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Chicago, IL.
(b) Hollywood, CA.
(c) Belvedere, OH.
(d) Wheeling, WV.
4. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(b) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(c) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
(d) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
5. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(b) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(c) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(d) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
2. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
3. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
4. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
5. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
2. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
3. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
4. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
5. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
6. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
7. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
8. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
9. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
10. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)