|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
(b) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To offer her a drink.
2. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(b) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(c) He has been decapitated.
(d) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
3. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) South Bend.
4. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) Boyle's fingers.
(b) Pembry's face.
(c) His tongue.
(d) A liverworst sandwich.
5. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(a) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
(b) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(d) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Grant?
2. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
3. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
4. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
5. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
2. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
3. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
4. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
5. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
6. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
7. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
8. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
9. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
10. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)