|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
(b) A landscaping company.
(c) They don't worry about cover.
(d) A group of homeless men.
2. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) Thanks for the memories.
(b) To take care.
(c) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(d) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
3. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(b) Having bad fashion sense.
(c) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
4. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are handmade.
(b) They are skimpy.
(c) They are old and worn out.
(d) They are designer.
5. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His sewing supplies.
(b) His mother's keepsakes.
(c) His Special Things.
(d) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
2. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
3. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
4. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
5. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
2. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
3. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
4. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
5. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
6. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
7. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
8. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
9. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
10. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)