|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Bella Crawford dies.
(b) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(c) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
(d) Clarice gets shot.
2. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was dismembered.
(b) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She was weighted down.
3. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
(a) Jerry Burroughs.
(c) Paul Krendler.
(d) Dr. Chilton
4. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) A group of homeless men.
(b) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
(c) They don't worry about cover.
(d) A landscaping company.
5. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(b) Elephant ivory anthrax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
2. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
3. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
4. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
5. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
2. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
3. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
4. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
5. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
6. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
7. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
8. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
9. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
10. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)