|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) It is time to "harvest" her.
(b) To get back at Senator Martin.
(c) To save his dog.
(d) To shut her up.
2. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1967 Mrs. World.
(b) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(c) 1988 Pie Eating.
(d) 1962 Miss Universe.
3. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Lloyd Wyman.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Kimberly Emberg.
4. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Joel Randall.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jacob Wright.
5. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) St. Martin.
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Grant?
2. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
4. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
5. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
2. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
3. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
4. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
5. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
6. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
7. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
8. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
9. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
10. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)