|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are designer.
(b) They are handmade.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are old and worn out.
2. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Nineteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A decade.
3. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(b) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(c) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
4. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) Midnight Special.
(b) BB Gun.
(c) Colt Python.
(d) AK 47.
5. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(b) Jack Crawford.
(d) Sergeant Tate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Grant?
2. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
3. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
4. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
5. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
2. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
3. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
4. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
5. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
6. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
7. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
8. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
9. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
10. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)