|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(c) The dog starts barking.
(d) The lights go out.
2. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
(a) In the passenger seat.
(b) He was buried in a shallow grave, not riding in his car.
(c) In the back seat.
(d) In the trunk.
3. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
(b) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
(c) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(d) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
4. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Belvedere, OH.
(b) Wheeling, WV.
(c) Hollywood, CA.
(d) Chicago, IL.
5. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Mr. Dordaste.
(b) Mrs. Lippman.
(c) Mrs. Burroughs.
(d) Ms. Carlton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
2. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
3. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
4. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
5. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
2. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
3. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
4. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
5. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
6. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
7. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
8. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
9. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
10. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)