|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
(a) He is giggling like a schoolgirl.
(b) He breaks a glass.
(c) His gun cocking.
(d) He knocks over a mannequin.
2. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
(a) Dr. Chilton
(b) Jerry Burroughs.
(d) Paul Krendler.
3. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) Outer Mongolia.
(b) The Congo.
(d) The Amazon rainforest.
4. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(b) Long, relaxing baths.
5. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(b) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(c) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(d) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
2. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
3. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
4. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
5. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
2. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
3. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
4. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
5. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
6. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
7. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
8. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
9. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
10. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)