|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(a) West Virginia.
2. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) His mother.
(b) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
(c) The California Department of Corrections.
(d) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
3. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are old and worn out.
(b) They are designer.
(c) They are handmade.
(d) They are skimpy.
4. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To climb the pit's wall.
(b) To grab her hand.
(c) That her mom is on the way.
(d) To shut up and quiet the dog.
5. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) A gas lantern.
(b) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(c) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(d) Strategically placed torches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
2. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
3. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
4. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
5. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
2. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
3. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
4. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
5. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
6. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
7. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
8. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
9. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
10. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)