|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
(a) Making deals with the devil.
(b) Breaking the rules and following one's own path.
(c) Managing one's rage and frustration.
(d) Following directions and not making trouble.
2. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
(a) Senator Martin.
(b) Paul Krendler.
(c) Dr. Danielson.
3. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
(a) At his house.
(b) At Quantico.
(c) In a Chinese restaurant.
(d) At the funeral home.
4. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
(a) Dirty laundry.
(b) Wet dog.
(c) Mouse urine.
5. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(a) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
2. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
3. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
4. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
5. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
2. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
3. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
4. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
5. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
6. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
7. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
8. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
9. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
10. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)