|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Belvedere, OH.
(b) Wheeling, WV.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Hollywood, CA.
2. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(a) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
(b) Loud music.
3. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(b) She was weighted down.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She was dismembered.
4. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) His tongue.
(c) Boyle's fingers.
(d) Pembry's face.
5. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(b) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(c) He has been decapitated.
(d) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
2. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
3. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
4. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
5. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
2. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
3. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
4. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
5. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
6. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
7. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
8. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
9. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
10. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)