|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine Martin do to try and tempt Precious?
(a) Sings show tunes to the little dog.
(b) Tosses a chicken bone tied to a bucket handle to the edge of the pit.
(c) Throws a ball up to the top of the pit.
(d) Whistles loudly and calls its name.
2. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
(b) Stomach acid.
3. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
(a) Dr. Chilton's date book.
(b) Dr. Lecter's remaining personal items.
(c) Dr. Lecter's journal.
(d) A cup of coffee, black.
4. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are old and worn out.
(b) They are skimpy.
(c) They are handmade.
(d) They are designer.
5. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
(a) Dr. Danielson.
(b) Paul Krendler.
(c) Senator Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
2. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
3. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
4. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
5. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
2. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
3. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
4. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
5. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
6. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
7. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
8. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
9. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
10. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)