|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
(a) Compliments Jame Gumb on his choice of pets.
(b) Asks for a phone.
(c) Pulls a gun.
(d) Screams for help.
2. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Lloyd Wyman.
3. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He feeds his moths.
(b) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
(c) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
(d) He watches a tape of his mother.
4. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She gets to keep Precious.
(b) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(c) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(d) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
5. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) He was buried in a shallow grave, not riding in his car.
(c) In the passenger seat.
(d) In the back seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
2. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
3. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
4. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
5. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
2. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
3. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
4. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
5. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
6. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
7. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
8. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
9. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
10. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)