|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To offer her a drink.
(c) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
2. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(b) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(c) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(d) She gets to keep Precious.
3. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(b) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(c) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(d) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
4. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(a) Cow brains.
(b) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
5. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "Mama will save me."
(b) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(c) "Balls and eyes."
(d) "It's only a dream."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
2. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
3. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
4. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
5. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
2. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
3. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
4. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
5. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
6. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
7. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
8. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
9. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
10. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)