|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Lloyd Wyman.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Frederica Bimmel.
2. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
(b) Clarice gets shot.
(c) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(d) Bella Crawford dies.
3. What type of dog is Precious?
4. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Joel Randall.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jacob Wright.
5. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(b) Long, relaxing baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
2. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
3. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
4. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
5. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
2. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
3. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
4. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
5. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
6. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
7. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
8. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
9. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
10. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)