|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) Thanks for the memories.
(b) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
(c) To take care.
(d) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
2. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(b) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(c) His spoon.
(d) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
3. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Save her reputation.
(b) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(c) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(d) Help her get over her depression.
4. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Lloyd Wyman.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Frederica Bimmel.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(b) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
(c) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(d) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
2. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
3. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
4. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
5. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
2. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
3. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
4. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
5. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
6. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
7. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
8. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
9. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
10. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)