|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Clarice gets shot.
(b) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
(c) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(d) Bella Crawford dies.
2. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
(a) They were left suspended from the ceiling until they died.
(b) They were brutally tortured and electrocuted.
(c) They were chained to the wall and allowed to slowly starve to death.
(d) Many were walled up in rooms while they were still alive.
3. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) The head of the Secret Service.
(b) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(c) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(d) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
4. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) A seamstress shop.
(b) For the government.
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) An insurance agency.
5. What does Catherine Martin do to try and tempt Precious?
(a) Tosses a chicken bone tied to a bucket handle to the edge of the pit.
(b) Throws a ball up to the top of the pit.
(c) Sings show tunes to the little dog.
(d) Whistles loudly and calls its name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
2. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
3. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
4. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
5. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
2. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
3. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
4. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
5. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
6. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
7. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
8. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
9. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
10. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)