|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Joel Randall.
(b) Jacob Wright.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Jack Crawford.
2. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Lloyd Wyman.
3. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(a) Long, relaxing baths.
4. What does Catherine Martin do to try and tempt Precious?
(a) Tosses a chicken bone tied to a bucket handle to the edge of the pit.
(b) Whistles loudly and calls its name.
(c) Throws a ball up to the top of the pit.
(d) Sings show tunes to the little dog.
5. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) His gun cocking.
(c) He is giggling like a schoolgirl.
(d) He knocks over a mannequin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
2. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
3. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
4. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
5. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
2. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
3. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
4. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
5. What happens after Clarice realizes that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill, and he realizes she knows?
6. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
7. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
8. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
9. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
10. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)