|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) They don't worry about cover.
(b) A landscaping company.
(c) A group of homeless men.
(d) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
2. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(b) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(c) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(d) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
3. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) The dog starts barking.
(b) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) She runs into Jame Gumb.
4. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jacob Wright.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Joel Randall.
5. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) Brooklyn, NY.
(b) Culver City, CA.
(c) Calumet City, IL
(d) San Diego, CA
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
2. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
3. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
4. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
5. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
2. Do you think that Dr. Lecter left the cipher in the toilet for Senator Martin or for Clarice?
3. What happens/happened in Jame Gumb's basement, and what aspects of the basement add to the terror of his victims?
4. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
5. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
6. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
7. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
8. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
9. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
10. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)