|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the serial killer that Clarice is hunting?
(a) Jeffery Dahmer.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
2. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
3. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
(a) Dr. Chilton and Clarice.
(b) Senator Martin and Jack Crawford.
(c) Senator Martin and Dr. Chilton.
(d) Clarice and Jack Crawford.
4. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(b) Suicide by hanging.
(c) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
(d) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
5. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Jame Gumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
2. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
3. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
4. Where does Clarice take the bug cocoon for identification?
5. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
2. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
3. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
4. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
5. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
6. In Chapter 18, Crawford explains that he wants Clarice to talk to Dr. Lecter again. Why?
7. What did Dr. Lecter do for a living before he was imprisoned as a serial killer? What repercussions might be the result of his previous employment?
8. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
10. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
This section contains 1,354 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)