|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
(a) Noble Pilcher.
(b) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(c) Dr. Alan Bloom.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
2. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A county sheriff.
(b) A town constable.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) A deputy.
3. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She is desperate to find her daughter.
(b) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
(c) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
(d) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
4. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
(a) Because he believes Dr. Lecter lied about the how, why and by whom of Klaus' death.
(b) Because he thinks Dr. Lecter can teach Clarice some profiling skills.
(c) Because he wants to get Clarice out of the way, and he thinks getting her to talk to Dr. Lecter will do just that.
(d) Because he thinks Clarice can get Dr. Lecter to tell her who Buffalo Bill really is.
5. Who keeps Clarice from getting more information from Dr. Lecter?
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Dr. Chilton's secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
2. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
3. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
4. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
5. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Lecter do for a living before he was imprisoned as a serial killer? What repercussions might be the result of his previous employment?
2. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
3. In Chapter 26, how does the staff of the hospital ensure their safety and Dr. Lecter's cooperation while they are cleaning his cell, and how does Dr. Lecter entertain himself while they do this?
4. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
5. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
6. Why would Dr. Lecter be offended by being interviewed by a FBI trainee? How does he control the environment around him? How does he control the conversation with Clarice?
7. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
8. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
9. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
10. What benefits comprise the proposal package that Clarice puts together for Dr. Lecter in Senator Martin's name, and what is unique about the vacation spot?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)