|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(d) Ingested a human liver.
2. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She is desperate to find her daughter.
(b) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
(c) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
(d) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
3. What gave Jame Gumb new hope?
(a) A love affair with Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Validation of his homosexuality.
(c) A live butterfly in a suitcase full of dead ones.
(d) A beautifully framed picture of his mother.
4. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) The county coroner.
(b) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
(c) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(d) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
5. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
(b) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
(c) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
(d) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
2. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
4. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
5. What does Jack Crawford think the FBI will need to do in order to convince Dr. Lecter to assist them in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
2. What is Crawford's angle to get Dr. Lecter to assist the FBI in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
3. What did Dr. Lecter do for a living before he was imprisoned as a serial killer? What repercussions might be the result of his previous employment?
4. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
5. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
6. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
7. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
8. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
9. At what point is it apparent to Clarice that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
10. Why does Dr. Lecter refer to Clarice as a "cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines"? What might he hope to accomplish by insulting her?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)