|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of insect does the Erebus odora cocoon belong to?
(a) The Black Witch Moth.
(b) The Skinner Butterfly.
(c) The Darius Moth.
(d) The Monarch Butterfly.
2. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Bella Crawford.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
3. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(b) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(c) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(d) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
4. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Her roommate.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Everett Yow.
5. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(d) To the Museum of Natural Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
2. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
3. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
4. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
5. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
2. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
3. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
4. How does Dr. Lecter work his way into the Buffalo Bill investigation when his only purpose to the FBI was to be as a tool for study through his psychological evaluation? Again, how does he show his disdain for law enforcement? If he is so anti-authority, why does he speak with Clarice?
5. As Catherine Martin examines her situation, what does she see, and what does she come to realize?
6. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
7. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
8. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
9. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
10. What benefits comprise the proposal package that Clarice puts together for Dr. Lecter in Senator Martin's name, and what is unique about the vacation spot?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)