|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
(b) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
(c) The FBI's private plane.
(d) The FBI's private boat.
2. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
(a) She can't open them.
(b) With a key.
(c) With a crowbar.
(d) With some de-icer and motor oil.
3. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
(b) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
(c) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
(d) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
4. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(b) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(c) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(d) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to the serial killer that Clarice is hunting?
2. What happened to Benjamin Raspail's car?
3. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
4. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
5. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
2. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
3. Why does Jame Gumb suddenly decide to kill Catherine, and how does he plan to do it?
4. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
5. Do you think that Jame Gumb would be judged criminally insane or just plain evil?
6. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
7. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
8. What does Crawford think about Dr. Lecter's eerily accurate prediction that the girl would be scalped? How does Crawford feel about Dr. Lecter's other, unsubstantiated prediction?
9. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
10. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)