|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buffalo Bill has how many known victims?
2. What gave Jame Gumb new hope?
(a) A beautifully framed picture of his mother.
(b) Validation of his homosexuality.
(c) A live butterfly in a suitcase full of dead ones.
(d) A love affair with Benjamin Raspail.
3. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(b) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
(c) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(d) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
4. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(b) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
(c) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(d) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
5. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
(a) Dr. Chilton.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Baltimore police department.
(d) The press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
2. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
3. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
4. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
5. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
2. How does the FBI get information on Jame Gumb, and where does it lead them?
3. How does Dr. Lecter work his way into the Buffalo Bill investigation when his only purpose to the FBI was to be as a tool for study through his psychological evaluation? Again, how does he show his disdain for law enforcement? If he is so anti-authority, why does he speak with Clarice?
4. How does Clarice demonstrate her resourcefulness at the storage unit crime scene?
5. In Chapter 1, who is the serial killer the FBI wants to interview, and what does he offer to Clarice?
6. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
7. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
8. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
9. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
10. In Chapter 26, how does the staff of the hospital ensure their safety and Dr. Lecter's cooperation while they are cleaning his cell, and how does Dr. Lecter entertain himself while they do this?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)