|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(b) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
(c) Suicide by hanging.
(d) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
2. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
(a) On a horse ranch owned by her mother's cousin.
(b) With her grandparents.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) In Chicago with her mother and three siblings.
3. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
(b) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(c) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(d) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
4. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
5. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
(b) She uses jacks from her car.
(c) She drives her car through it.
(d) She props it up with a stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
2. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
3. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
4. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
5. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
2. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
3. How does Clarice display her attention to detail while examining the victim's body in Chapter 12?
4. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
5. How does Clarice tactfully clear the room of excess law enforcement at the funeral home where the latest victim's body is being kept?
6. In Chapter 1, who is the serial killer the FBI wants to interview, and what does he offer to Clarice?
7. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
8. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
9. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
10. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)