|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(a) Clarice Starling.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
2. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
(b) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
(c) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
(d) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
3. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A night watchman.
(b) A town constable.
(c) A deputy.
(d) A county sheriff.
4. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
5. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(b) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(c) Ingested a human liver.
(d) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
2. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
4. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
5. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
2. How does Clarice tactfully clear the room of excess law enforcement at the funeral home where the latest victim's body is being kept?
3. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
4. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
6. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
7. What is Crawford's angle to get Dr. Lecter to assist the FBI in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
8. How does Dr. Lecter work his way into the Buffalo Bill investigation when his only purpose to the FBI was to be as a tool for study through his psychological evaluation? Again, how does he show his disdain for law enforcement? If he is so anti-authority, why does he speak with Clarice?
9. Why is Clarice so eager to run headlong into uncertainty?
10. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)