|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) Plum Island.
(b) The Grand Caymans.
(c) Riker's Island.
2. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(d) To the Museum of Natural Science.
3. Who keeps Clarice from getting more information from Dr. Lecter?
(a) Dr. Chilton's secretary.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
4. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
5. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
(a) Dr. Alan Bloom.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(d) Noble Pilcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
2. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
3. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
4. What is Clarice doing in Chapter 1 when she is called to the Section Chief's office?
5. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
2. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
3. In Chapter 18, Crawford explains that he wants Clarice to talk to Dr. Lecter again. Why?
4. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
5. In Chapter 1, who is the serial killer the FBI wants to interview, and what does he offer to Clarice?
6. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
7. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
8. Why would Dr. Lecter be offended by being interviewed by a FBI trainee? How does he control the environment around him? How does he control the conversation with Clarice?
9. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
10. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)