|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
(a) Chewed gum.
2. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
(b) A new car.
(c) A vest with female breasts on it.
(d) A butterfly collection.
3. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A notepad.
(c) A school desk.
(d) A chair.
4. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
5. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
(a) He wants Clarice to marry him.
(b) His freedom.
(c) More privileges.
(d) A cell with a view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Benjamin Raspail?
2. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter knows about Buffalo Bill?
3. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
4. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
5. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
2. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
3. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
4. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
5. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
6. How does Clarice display her attention to detail while examining the victim's body in Chapter 12?
7. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
8. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
9. What is Crawford's angle to get Dr. Lecter to assist the FBI in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
10. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)