|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) A new car.
(b) A vest with female breasts on it.
(c) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
(d) A butterfly collection.
2. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
3. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
(a) He puts them in a hole and buries them up to their neck.
(b) He shoots them and dumps them in a ravine.
(c) He abducts them, keeps them for a week, skins them alive, and dumps them in a river.
(d) He abducts them, calls the family for ransom, collects the money, and then kills them.
4. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(c) A stiletto knife through the heart.
(d) Slowly, with much torture.
5. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Everett Yow.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) Jack Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
2. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
3. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
4. What are the names of the entomologists?
5. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
2. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
3. How does Clarice demonstrate her resourcefulness at the storage unit crime scene?
4. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
5. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
6. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
7. In Chapter 18, Crawford explains that he wants Clarice to talk to Dr. Lecter again. Why?
8. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
9. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
10. In Chapter 1, who is the serial killer the FBI wants to interview, and what does he offer to Clarice?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)