|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(b) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(c) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(d) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
2. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
(a) The document must be handwritten.
(b) The document must be edited so the inmate is not given information he can use against the hospital.
(c) The document must be made of soft paper and free of staples and paper clips, and she cannot give him either a pen or pencil.
(d) There are no special rules.
3. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
(b) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
(c) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
(d) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
4. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
5. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
(a) An unclear or cloudy image causing a person to think he/she is hallucinating.
(b) The image of one's parent, buried in the unconscious mind of an infant.
(c) A vague image of the past, made clearer through hypnosis.
(d) Dr. Lecter's euphemism for an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
2. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
3. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
4. What happened to Benjamin Raspail's car?
5. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
2. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
3. What did Dr. Lecter do for a living before he was imprisoned as a serial killer? What repercussions might be the result of his previous employment?
4. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
5. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
6. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
7. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
8. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
9. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
10. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)