|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(b) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(c) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(d) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
2. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(b) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(c) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(d) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
3. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) A new car.
(b) A vest with female breasts on it.
(c) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
(d) A butterfly collection.
4. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Tell him that he's beautiful.
(c) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
(d) Have her mother send money.
5. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
(a) The document must be edited so the inmate is not given information he can use against the hospital.
(b) The document must be made of soft paper and free of staples and paper clips, and she cannot give him either a pen or pencil.
(c) The document must be handwritten.
(d) There are no special rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
2. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
3. What did Jame Gumb do to Klaus?
4. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. What were the organs?
5. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clarice display her attention to detail while examining the victim's body in Chapter 12?
2. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
3. As Catherine Martin examines her situation, what does she see, and what does she come to realize?
4. In Chapter 26, how does the staff of the hospital ensure their safety and Dr. Lecter's cooperation while they are cleaning his cell, and how does Dr. Lecter entertain himself while they do this?
5. What does Crawford think about Dr. Lecter's eerily accurate prediction that the girl would be scalped? How does Crawford feel about Dr. Lecter's other, unsubstantiated prediction?
6. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
7. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
8. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
9. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
10. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)