|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(b) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(c) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(d) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
2. What is Jame Gumb's physical description?
(a) No physical description is provided.
(b) White male, thirty-four, six feet one inch, 205 pounds, brown and blue, no distinguishing marks.
(c) White male, between the ages of 28 and 32 with blonde hair and green eyes.
(d) White male, thirty-something, just above six feet, very thin with brown hair and brown eyes.
3. What is the name of Jame Gumb's poodle?
4. What is the name of the man in the Packard?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(d) Everett Yow.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
(b) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(c) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(d) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
2. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
3. Buffalo Bill has how many known victims?
4. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
5. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
3. Why does Dr. Lecter refer to Clarice as a "cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines"? What might he hope to accomplish by insulting her?
4. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
6. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
7. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
8. How does Clarice tactfully clear the room of excess law enforcement at the funeral home where the latest victim's body is being kept?
9. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
10. How does Clarice demonstrate her resourcefulness at the storage unit crime scene?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)