|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) A killer classic engine.
(b) Change in the seat cushions.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) Nothing but dust.
2. What is the name of Jame Gumb's poodle?
3. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Tell him that he's beautiful.
(b) Have her mother send money.
(c) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
4. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
(a) A marble chess set.
(b) Cheese and crackers shaped like chess pieces.
(d) A rhinoceros beetle.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
2. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
3. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
4. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
5. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crawford think about Dr. Lecter's eerily accurate prediction that the girl would be scalped? How does Crawford feel about Dr. Lecter's other, unsubstantiated prediction?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
3. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
4. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
5. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
6. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
7. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
8. How does Clarice tactfully clear the room of excess law enforcement at the funeral home where the latest victim's body is being kept?
9. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
10. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)