|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
(b) The county coroner.
(c) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(d) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
2. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
(b) A rhinoceros beetle.
(c) Cheese and crackers shaped like chess pieces.
(d) A marble chess set.
3. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(b) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(c) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(d) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
4. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
(a) The document must be made of soft paper and free of staples and paper clips, and she cannot give him either a pen or pencil.
(b) The document must be edited so the inmate is not given information he can use against the hospital.
(c) There are no special rules.
(d) The document must be handwritten.
5. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
(d) Chewed gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victims are discovered in which state?
2. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
3. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
4. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
5. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
2. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
3. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
4. What benefits comprise the proposal package that Clarice puts together for Dr. Lecter in Senator Martin's name, and what is unique about the vacation spot?
5. How does Dr. Lecter work his way into the Buffalo Bill investigation when his only purpose to the FBI was to be as a tool for study through his psychological evaluation? Again, how does he show his disdain for law enforcement? If he is so anti-authority, why does he speak with Clarice?
6. As Catherine Martin examines her situation, what does she see, and what does she come to realize?
7. Though Dr. Lecter does not believe the senator's offer is genuine because Crawford would never allow Dr. Lecter to benefit, for what does Dr. Lecter agree to offer his cooperation in exchange for, and how does he begin collecting on the proposal immediately?
8. Why is Clarice so eager to run headlong into uncertainty?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
10. Why is Dr. Lecter called "Hannibal the Cannibal"? Give an example. Does his viciousness tell you anything about his psychoses?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)