|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) A stiletto knife through the heart.
(c) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(d) Slowly, with much torture.
2. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
(a) It is neatly buttoned and folded.
(b) It is slit up the back.
(c) It is cut to ribbons.
(d) It has been freshly laundered.
3. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
4. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
(a) Dr. Alan Bloom.
(b) Noble Pilcher.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
(d) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
5. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Ingested a human liver.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(d) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarice doing in Chapter 1 when she is called to the Section Chief's office?
2. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
3. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
4. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
5. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clarice demonstrate her resourcefulness at the storage unit crime scene?
2. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
3. Why is Dr. Lecter called "Hannibal the Cannibal"? Give an example. Does his viciousness tell you anything about his psychoses?
4. Why does Dr. Lecter refer to Clarice as a "cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines"? What might he hope to accomplish by insulting her?
5. What benefits comprise the proposal package that Clarice puts together for Dr. Lecter in Senator Martin's name, and what is unique about the vacation spot?
6. In Chapter 1, who is the serial killer the FBI wants to interview, and what does he offer to Clarice?
7. How do Dr. Lecter's taunts and remarks affect Clarice? Is her character strong enough to face a madman like Dr. Lecter?
8. What does Crawford think about Dr. Lecter's eerily accurate prediction that the girl would be scalped? How does Crawford feel about Dr. Lecter's other, unsubstantiated prediction?
9. In Chapter 18, Crawford explains that he wants Clarice to talk to Dr. Lecter again. Why?
10. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)