|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
(a) Catherine Martin.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Andrea Bates.
2. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
(a) There are fava beans and a nice Chianti on the table.
(b) It has all the comforts of home.
(c) It is completely surrounded in Plexiglas.
(d) It has a double layer of prison bars and a nylon net.
3. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
4. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) A new car.
(b) A butterfly collection.
(c) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
(d) A vest with female breasts on it.
5. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) In a deep baritone voice.
(b) In a high falsetto voice.
(c) In a normal voice.
(d) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
2. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
3. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
4. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
5. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
2. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
3. Why is Clarice so eager to run headlong into uncertainty?
4. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
5. How does Senator Martin try to affect Buffalo Bill psychologically?
6. Why is Dr. Lecter called "Hannibal the Cannibal"? Give an example. Does his viciousness tell you anything about his psychoses?
7. Why would Dr. Lecter be offended by being interviewed by a FBI trainee? How does he control the environment around him? How does he control the conversation with Clarice?
8. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
9. What creature does Clarice compare Dr. Chilton to and why?
10. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)