Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
(a) Clarice's phone number.
(b) Quid pro quo.
(c) A roast beef sandwich.
(d) A room with a view.
2. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
(b) It is in the British West Indies.
(c) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
(d) It is in Miami Beach.
3. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Ingested a human liver.
(d) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
4. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) She uses jacks from her car.
(b) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
(c) She drives her car through it.
(d) She props it up with a stick.
5. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
(b) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(c) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(d) The man died of natural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
2. Why does Clarice believe the dead girl is from town rather than a country girl?
3. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
4. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
5. What is "Blue Canoe?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
2. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
3. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
4. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
5. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
6. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
7. What advice does Crawford give Clarice about being a good leader?
8. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
9. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
10. Why is Dr. Lecter called "Hannibal the Cannibal"? Give an example. Does his viciousness tell you anything about his psychoses?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)