|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
(a) She repeats her daughter's name.
(b) She shows pictures of her daughter as a child.
(c) She offers Buffalo Bill all of her daughter's money.
(d) She asks Buffalo Bill to let her daughter call home.
2. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(b) Plum Island.
(c) Riker's Island.
(d) The Grand Caymans.
3. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
(b) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Jame Gumb.
4. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Dr. Alan Bloom.
(d) Noble Pilcher.
5. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(b) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(c) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
(d) The man died of natural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The victims are discovered in which state?
2. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
3. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
4. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
5. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Catherine Martin examines her situation, what does she see, and what does she come to realize?
2. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
3. Working under time pressure, what information will Clarice present to Dr. Lecter as inside information? Why is Clarice not to trust Dr. Chilton?
4. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Chilton tell Dr. Lecter about the FBI to instill doubt in their honesty with Dr. Lecter?
6. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
7. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
8. How does Clarice display her attention to detail while examining the victim's body in Chapter 12?
9. What factors might have combined to make Catherine Martin vulnerable to attack?
10. What might the Black Witch Moth symbolize to Buffalo Bill?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)