|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) In a normal voice.
(b) In a deep baritone voice.
(c) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
(d) In a high falsetto voice.
2. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
(a) Hannibal the Cannibal.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Lecter the Specter.
(d) Dr. Death.
3. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
(a) Because he wants to get Clarice out of the way, and he thinks getting her to talk to Dr. Lecter will do just that.
(b) Because he thinks Clarice can get Dr. Lecter to tell her who Buffalo Bill really is.
(c) Because he thinks Dr. Lecter can teach Clarice some profiling skills.
(d) Because he believes Dr. Lecter lied about the how, why and by whom of Klaus' death.
4. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
5. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
(a) A glue factory bound horse.
(b) A preening rooster.
(c) An opportunistic crow.
(d) An insignificant ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
2. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
3. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
4. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
5. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Crawford's angle to get Dr. Lecter to assist the FBI in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
2. What does Bella's impending death do to Jack Crawford? How does it affect him physically? Mentally? Is he prepared for her death?
3. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
4. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
5. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
6. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
7. Do the Memphis guards underestimate Dr. Lecter? How do you know?
8. What does Dr. Chilton do to thwart the FBI and insert himself into the Catherine Martin investigation?
9. What is an imago, and how does this relate to Buffalo Bill?
10. What were the circumstances surrounding Benjamin Raspail's death? What was his actual cause of death?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)