|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice find in the jar that is in the Packard?
(b) A real human head.
(c) A collection of butterflies.
(d) Preserved pig fetuses.
2. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
(b) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
(c) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
(d) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
3. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(b) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(c) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(d) Ingested a human liver.
4. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) A mannequin.
(b) A killer classic engine.
(c) Nothing but dust.
(d) Change in the seat cushions.
5. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
(a) A rhinoceros beetle.
(b) A marble chess set.
(d) Cheese and crackers shaped like chess pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
2. What does Jack Crawford tell Clarice that Dr. Lecter did prior to his imprisonment?
3. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
4. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
5. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Clarice sees Crawford as a father figure? Why or why not?
2. How does Dr. Lecter work his way into the Buffalo Bill investigation when his only purpose to the FBI was to be as a tool for study through his psychological evaluation? Again, how does he show his disdain for law enforcement? If he is so anti-authority, why does he speak with Clarice?
3. Where does the FBI go to try to find out Buffalo Bill's true identity, and what is the result?
4. What does Crawford think about Dr. Lecter's eerily accurate prediction that the girl would be scalped? How does Crawford feel about Dr. Lecter's other, unsubstantiated prediction?
5. What happens to frustrate Clarice after she learns of Catherine Martin's abduction by Buffalo Bill?
6. How is Clarice rewarded or punished for her actions in Raspail's storage area and her subsequent conversation with Dr. Lecter?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist, and what does he think Buffalo Bill actually wants?
8. Do you think that Clarice's actions at the storage space were born out of desperation?
9. In response to their agreement in Chapter 25, what details does Dr. Lecter reveal about Buffalo Bill?
10. Why is Clarice so eager to get into Raspail's storage unit? Does she truly think that any tip from Dr. Lecter would be true?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)