|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cage and his friend received food and spices from what country?
2. In what year did Cage and Merce Cunningham begin working together?
3. Who asked Cage to accompany her to a party to which he was not invited?
(a) Berta Huguenin.
(b) Pia Fries.
(c) Sonya Sekula.
(d) Annemarie Schwarzenbach.
4. Which of Cage's friends obsessed over a box of spices and food that came from overseas?
(a) Sonya Sekula.
(b) M. C. Richards.
(c) Merce Cunningham.
(d) David Tudor.
5. In what year was "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" first printed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "45' for a Speaker," Cage says a trip from where he is to what country is a complex series of experiences?
2. What city was Cage in when he learned that the burning questions among students were "Where are we going?" and "What are we doing?"
3. In the introduction to "Four Statements on the Dance," Cage says Bonnie Bird had danced with whom?
4. "Lecture on Nothing" was written in a format where there are how many measures in each line?
5. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published as part of a series in what publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and asked the hostess for rum to drink?
2. Describe the process Cage using for writing "45' for a Speaker."
3. Where did Cage get the idea to write "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?"
4. What does Cage say about silence at the end of "45' for a Speaker"?
5. How did Cage and David Tudor react when food shipped to them from India came in all mixed up?
6. In the fourth layer of "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?", what does Cage say about moving into the field of experience and being?
7. What does Cage say about change in "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?"
8. What does Cage say about classical ballet?
9. What does Cage say about error in "45' for a Speaker"?
10. Why did Vera Williams' children cry when she served them mushrooms on their steak?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)