|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Lecture on Nothing" was written in a format where there are how many measures in each line?
(a) Five measures.
(b) Four measures.
(c) Three measures.
(d) Two measures.
2. Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and secretly drank what drink while the hostess was not looking?
(d) White wine.
3. How many seconds is each line of "45' for a Speaker" supposed to be said in?
(a) Three seconds.
(b) Four seconds.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Two seconds.
4. Cage says the trouble with what city is its past?
(a) Los Vegas.
5. Cage and his friend received food and spices from what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Cage's friend to sort through a box of spices and foods that had become mixed up in transit?
2. Who is the author of "The Persians"?
3. Where did Merce Cunningham study before going to New York City?
4. How long did it take Cage to read the "Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna"?
5. In an after-note to "Lecture on Nothing," the author gets the audience to stop asking questions by answering with how many standardized answers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process Cage using for writing "45' for a Speaker."
2. How does Cage avoid being psychoanalyzed?
3. What does Cage say about the form of "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?"
4. What happened when Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and asked the hostess for rum to drink?
5. What does Cage suggests that Morton Feldman felt about opposites?
6. How did Cage and David Tudor react when food shipped to them from India came in all mixed up?
7. What contributions is painter Robert Rauschenberg known for?
8. What does Cage say about the title of his article called "2 Pages, 122 Words on Music and Dance"?
9. Why did Vera Williams' children cry when she served them mushrooms on their steak?
10. How does Cage think an evolution of music due to percussion instruments will affect dancers and choreographers?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)