|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
2. Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and secretly drank what drink while the hostess was not looking?
(b) White wine.
3. In what state does Cage say he grew up?
(b) New York.
4. What city was Cage in when he learned that the burning questions among students were "Where are we going?" and "What are we doing?"
(a) The Bronx.
5. Cage attended but was not invited to a party at what family's home?
(a) The Andersons.
(b) The Johnsons.
(c) The Reises.
(d) The Callahans.
6. "Lecture on Nothing" was originally printed in what year?
7. "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" is broken up into how many layers?
(a) Three layers.
(b) Two layers.
(c) Four layers.
(d) Five layers.
8. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was written by Cage in what city?
(c) New York City.
9. Dr. Suzuki ended a book by saying that even though he had become enlightened, he was still what?
10. How many days did it take Cage's friend to sort through a box of spices and foods that had become mixed up in transit?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
11. Cage commissioned a school's P.E. department to play his music to accompany what?
(a) Tap dance performances.
(b) Rugby games.
(c) Aquatic ballet performances.
(d) Cross country races.
12. Who is the author of "The Persians"?
13. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published in what year?
14. Cage says he remembered Robert Rauschenberg's black paintings from what state?
(c) North Carolina.
15. Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and caused the hostess to fetch what drink from the basement?
(a) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was first published in what publication?
2. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was first published in what city?
3. What two things does Cage say he grew up assuming were good for him?
4. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published as part of a series in what publication?
5. Cage and his friend received food and spices from what country?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)