|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Suzuki said after studying zen, men are men and mountains are what?
2. Dr. Suzuki ended a book by saying that even though he had become enlightened, he was still what?
3. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was written by Cage in what city?
(d) New York City.
4. Cage commissioned a school's P.E. department to play his music to accompany what?
(a) Tap dance performances.
(b) Rugby games.
(c) Aquatic ballet performances.
(d) Cross country races.
5. Cage attended but was not invited to a party at what family's home?
(a) The Reises.
(b) The Callahans.
(c) The Johnsons.
(d) The Andersons.
6. How many seconds is each line of "45' for a Speaker" supposed to be said in?
(a) Four seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) Five seconds.
(d) Three seconds.
7. Cage says what kind of music is revolution?
8. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was first published in what publication?
9. In what year did Cage meet Merce Cunningham?
10. In what year did Cage and Merce Cunningham begin working together?
11. In the introduction to "Four Statements on the Dance," Cage recalls commissioning the P.E. department at what school to play his music?
12. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was first published in what city?
13. In what month did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
14. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage says Marchetti has gone where?
(a) To Dublin.
(b) To Athens.
(c) To Venice.
(d) To Milan.
15. For what medium of art was Robert Rauschenberg famous?
(b) Film making.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" is broken up into how many layers?
2. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage wonders why he ever lost interest in what group?
3. What school did Merce Cunningham attend when he met Cage?
4. Cage says the trouble with what city is its past?
5. Cage recalls that one of Robert Rauschenberg's paintings was destroyed by what animal?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)