|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
2. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage says if America had Festivals of Contemporary Music, it would look awake like what continent?
3. What two things does Cage say he grew up assuming were good for him?
(a) Sunshine and orange juice.
(b) Music and nature.
(c) Mushrooms and cold weather.
(d) Rain and pumpkin seeds.
4. Which of Cage's friends obsessed over a box of spices and food that came from overseas?
(a) Merce Cunningham.
(b) M. C. Richards.
(c) Sonya Sekula.
(d) David Tudor.
5. What item of clothing did Cage wear to visit the dentist, which the dentist asked him to remove?
(a) A hat.
(b) A jacket.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A tie.
6. Cage commissioned a school's P.E. department to play his music to accompany what?
(a) Tap dance performances.
(b) Aquatic ballet performances.
(c) Rugby games.
(d) Cross country races.
7. In "45' for a Speaker," Cage says a trip from where he is to what country is a complex series of experiences?
(b) New Zealand.
8. "Lecture on Nothing" was originally printed in what publication?
(a) Incontri Musicali.
(c) Danse Moderne.
(d) Introducción A Canciones.
9. How many days did it take Cage's friend to sort through a box of spices and foods that had become mixed up in transit?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
10. Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and secretly drank what drink while the hostess was not looking?
(c) White wine.
11. In what month did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
12. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage recalls once when he thought he was going East, but he was really going in what direction?
13. What was the name of Cage's dentist, as stated in his story after "In This Day..."?
(a) Dr. Adams.
(b) Dr. Crogan.
(c) Dr. Harrison.
(d) Dr. Heyman.
14. In the introduction to "Four Statements on the Dance," Cage recalls commissioning the P.E. department at what school to play his music?
15. For what medium of art was Robert Rauschenberg famous?
(b) Film making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cage recalls that one of Robert Rauschenberg's paintings was destroyed by what animal?
2. Cage says he remembered Robert Rauschenberg's black paintings from what state?
3. Cage says what kind of music is revolution?
4. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was completed it what year?
5. Cage attended a party to which he was not invited and caused the hostess to fetch what drink from the basement?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)