|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage says he never lived in one place more than how long?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
2. Who said there is evil in the world "to thicken the plot"?
(a) Sri Ramakrishna.
(b) Swami Vivekananda.
(c) Sri Chandrashekarendra.
(d) Sai Baba .
3. Cage recalls attending a party where what man leaves the conversation to work in the corner?
(a) Julius Eastman.
(b) David Tudor.
(c) Christian Wolff.
(d) Earle Brown.
4. "On Robert Rauschenberg, Artist, and His Work" was first published in what city?
5. "Music of Changes" was originally written for what instrument?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
2. What religion influenced Cage?
3. In the introduction to "Four Statements on the Dance," Cage recalls commissioning the P.E. department at what school to play his music?
4. How long did it take Cage to read the "Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna"?
5. Where did Merce Cunningham study before going to New York City?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)