|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Squire Cass’s eldest son?
(a) Dunsey Cass.
(b) Silas Marner.
(c) Dunstan Cass.
(d) Godfrey Cass.
2. What does Silas Marner decide to do with the child he has found?
(a) Bring her to the parish.
(b) Give her to Mrs. Kimble.
(c) Keep her and raise her himself.
(d) Take her to an orphanage in a nearby town.
3. What is Silas Marner’s attitude towards his gold after it is re-discovered?
(a) He does not care for it much, and sees it as a sad link to his life before Eppie.
(b) He rejects it as a sinful thing to possess.
(c) He is still obsessed and revels in his hoarded wealth once again.
(d) He slips right back into his old ways, hiding it in the floor.
4. How old was Eppie when Godfrey expressed to Nancy the desire to adopt her?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
5. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
(a) His loom.
(b) His coat.
(c) His knife.
(d) His gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
2. Does Silas Marner get the answers he seeks in Lantern Yard?
3. How long is Dunsey in Silas Marner’s cottage looking for the gold?
4. Godfrey has to be careful with his words with Silas Marner and Eppie in order to not reveal what information too soon?
5. How does the matter of Silas’ gold being stolen affect the townspeople?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)