|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
(a) The south.
(b) The north.
(c) The east.
(d) The west.
2. Doctor Kimble, Silas Marner, Dolly Winthrop, and who else go back to investigate Molly Farren’s condition?
(a) Squire Cass.
(b) Mr. Crackenthorp.
(c) Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Godfrey Cass.
3. When Godfrey follows Doctor Kimble and Silas Marner, what item of clothing does he forget he is wearing out into the snow?
(a) His best hat.
(b) His dress clothes.
(c) His thin shoes.
(d) His slippers.
4. What does it mean when it says "what does he do but go and stake him" (80) regarding Dunsey and Wildfire?
(a) The horse was cooked into steaks.
(b) He tried to jump a fence and the horse was skewered.
(c) He wagered the horse on a bet.
(d) He staked a claim for the horse.
5. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 75 years old.
(c) 80 years old.
(d) 60 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday came shortly after Dolly Winthrop’s visit?
2. What was Silas Marner’s reputation in Lantern Yard before he was betrayed?
3. How much is Wildfire sold for?
4. Why did Silas Marner need to go to the town in the rain while roasting his dinner?
5. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)