|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
(a) That the cottage looks very well kept.
(b) That the cottage looks ragged.
(c) That it is rumored Silas Marner has a small fortune hidden somewhere.
(d) That he would like to meet the crazy weaver.
2. Who comes to the door while Silas Marner and Eppie are talking about his recovered gold?
(a) Mr. Snell, the landlord at the Rainbow.
(b) Godfrey and Nancy Cass.
(c) Dolly Winthrop.
(d) Priscilla Lammeter.
3. What physical malady afflicted Silas Marner from time to time?
(c) A bad cold.
4. What topic from Silas Marner’s past do he and Dolly discuss at length?
(a) About his fiancé Sarah.
(b) About the chapel in Lantern Yard.
(c) About the drawing of lots to decide his guilt.
(d) About William Dane’s betrayal.
5. How does the matter of Silas’ gold being stolen affect the townspeople?
(a) They were afraid to talk, as it might upset the spirits that stole the gold.
(b) They did not talk about it.
(c) It gave them something to talk about.
(d) They were sorrowful for the weaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Squire Cass’s wife?
2. Godfrey has to be careful with his words with Silas Marner and Eppie in order to not reveal what information too soon?
3. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
4. What kind of party does the Cass family throw on Christmas Day?
5. Why does Godfrey owe 100 pounds to his father?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)