|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the townsfolk take Dunsey’s skeleton?
(a) To the Red House.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the Rainbow.
(d) To the graveyard.
2. What does Godfrey decide to do while waiting for Dunsey to sell Wildfire?
(a) Go to the Rainbow.
(b) Go to see a play.
(c) Get some sleep.
(d) Visit Nancy Lammeter.
3. Why was Squire Cass’s opinion never “disturbed by comparison” (84)?
(a) Because he was afraid of being found wrong.
(b) Because he was so old, he was set in his ways for life.
(c) Because he did not listen to other opinions in the first place.
(d) Because he did not associate with other nobility higher than his own station.
4. Who is appointed deputy-constable in the investigation of Silas' stolen gold?
(a) Mr. Dowlas.
(b) Mr. Snell, the landlord.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Godfrey Cass.
5. What does it mean when it says "what does he do but go and stake him" (80) regarding Dunsey and Wildfire?
(a) The horse was cooked into steaks.
(b) He tried to jump a fence and the horse was skewered.
(c) He wagered the horse on a bet.
(d) He staked a claim for the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Silas Marner handle the lack of answers about his past after revisiting Lantern Yard?
2. What does Dunsey’s skeleton have with it that shows who he is?
3. How much is Wildfire sold for?
4. What form of judgment declared Silas Marner guilty of stealing at Lantern Yard?
5. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)