|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dunsey finds Silas Marner absent from his cottage, what does he decide to do?
(a) Steal the gold and then burn down the house.
(b) Steal the gold before he returns.
(c) Wait until he returns and then ask him to borrow the money he needs.
(d) Come back another day.
2. Most of Silas Marner’s neighbors have what kind of tone with him when they visit him after his loss?
(a) They are condescending and not comforting.
(b) They are angry and attacking.
(c) They are sad and sorrowful.
(d) They are cheery and positive.
3. How does Godfrey’s confession conversation with his father go over all?
(a) He bears his heart and tells all.
(b) He chickens out and does not say anything.
(c) He manages to get through part but not all of his confession.
(d) He lies to get what he wants.
4. Why is Molly Farren traveling so late in the day?
(a) Because she had paused to give birth on the side of the road.
(b) Because her horse had gotten hurt and she was forced to walk.
(c) Because she paused the trip to see if the snow would slow, which it did not.
(d) Because it was a full day’s journey to get to Raveloe.
5. How long does the New Year’s Eve dance last?
(a) An evening of splendid fun.
(b) A lunch and a dinner.
(c) It lasted for days.
(d) One whole night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
2. Why was Squire Cass’s opinion never “disturbed by comparison” (84)?
3. Who is Master Kench in Chapter 6?
4. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
5. What is the one item that stands out as peculiar on Molly Farren’s body?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)