|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of Silas Marner’s neighbors have what kind of tone with him when they visit him after his loss?
(a) They are cheery and positive.
(b) They are condescending and not comforting.
(c) They are sad and sorrowful.
(d) They are angry and attacking.
2. Which party is the biggest event of the year for the Red House?
(a) The Easter gala.
(b) The family Christmas party.
(c) They had no big events.
(d) The New Year’s Eve dance.
3. How does the matter of Silas’ gold being stolen affect the townspeople?
(a) It gave them something to talk about.
(b) They were afraid to talk, as it might upset the spirits that stole the gold.
(c) They were sorrowful for the weaver.
(d) They did not talk about it.
4. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Goes to Bryce’s estate to finish the sale of the horse.
(c) Goes on the hunt.
(d) Waits for the hunt to end so he can finish the transaction with Bryce.
5. The loss of Wildfire causes Dunsey to turn to what source to get his brother’s money?
(a) Silas Marner’s gold.
(b) Selling his own horse.
(c) Borrowing money from Keating.
(d) Borrowing money from Bryce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one story genuinely considered by the town to explain the robbery of the gold?
2. What ethereal creature does Dolly Winthrop compare Eppie to?
3. What is Godfrey’s main thought as he travels to see Molly Farren’s body?
4. Who is the one neighbor who seems to have a genuine, though small, positive impact on Silas Marner?
5. For what reason does Godfrey want to avoid going to the hunt to sell Wildfire himself?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)