|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the sight of Molly Farren’s dead body stays vivid in Godfrey’s memory?
(a) Her emaciated frame.
(b) Her worn, lined face.
(c) Her worn and wrinkled hands.
(d) Her long black hair.
2. What item does Dunsey have with him while he walks back from the hunt towards Silas Marner’s cottage?
(a) Godfrey’s riding whip.
(b) Squire Cass’s overcoat.
(c) Godfrey’s stirrups.
(d) Dunsey’s saddle.
3. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He is a talented linen-weaver.
(c) He is a religious leader.
(d) He is a wealthy aristocrat.
4. What does Silas Marner decide to do after returning from the village and while waiting for his supper to cook?
(a) Change his wet clothes.
(b) Look at his gold.
(c) Lay down to rest.
(d) Set up his loom for the next day.
5. How long has Godfrey wooed Nancy Lammeter?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Godfrey owe 100 pounds to his father?
2. What is the name of the Cass estate?
3. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
4. What is Godfrey’s main thought as he travels to see Molly Farren’s body?
5. What does Squire Cass decide regarding Dunsey’s position in his household after he staked Wildfire?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)