|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it like outside when Dunsey left the weaver’s cottage?
(a) It was early morning and dewy.
(b) The sun was setting and it was breezy.
(c) It was raining and dark.
(d) It was pitch black and warm.
2. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
(a) The north.
(b) The west.
(c) The south.
(d) The east.
3. How much gold was stolen from Silas Marner?
(a) 272 pounds, 12 and 6 pence.
(b) 272 pounds.
(c) 172 pounds, 12 and 6 pence.
(d) Over 300 pounds.
4. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
(a) Mr. Macey.
(b) The landlord, Mr. Snell.
(c) Godfrey Cass.
(d) Bob, the butcher.
5. How is Dunsey Cass described?
(a) A sober-minded, religious young man.
(b) A spiteful, jeering fellow.
(c) A wild young man who had great potential.
(d) An amicable fellow with a kind face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silas Marner hide his gold?
2. When Sally Oats is sick, how does Silas Marner heal her?
3. How does Dunsey initially want to get Silas Marner’s money?
4. When Dunsey finds Silas Marner absent from his cottage, what does he decide to do?
5. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)