|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
(a) Murdering a parishioner.
(b) Blaspheming God.
(c) Stealing the church’s money.
2. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
(a) The east.
(b) The south.
(c) The west.
(d) The north.
3. Who were the “pallid undersized men” (9) who looked odd next to the “brawny country-folk” (9)?
4. Why had Silas Marner’s cottage door been unlocked when Dunsey had entered?
(a) He was not worried about theft and left the door unlocked.
(b) His neighbors were watching the house for him.
(c) The string to lock it was being used to cook his supper.
(d) He had forgotten.
5. Who gave Silas Marner the pork he is roasting when his gold is stolen?
(a) Dolly Winthrop.
(b) Squire Cass.
(c) Miss Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Miss Priscilla Lammeter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godfrey hope to gain by marrying Nancy Lammeter?
2. Who is Squire Cass’s eldest son?
3. The loss of Wildfire causes Dunsey to turn to what source to get his brother’s money?
4. Dunsey blackmails his brother with what information in Chapter 3?
5. How does Dunsey initially want to get Silas Marner’s money?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)