|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
(a) Murdering a parishioner.
(b) Stealing the church’s money.
(d) Blaspheming God.
2. What does Silas Marner decide to do after returning from the village and while waiting for his supper to cook?
(a) Change his wet clothes.
(b) Set up his loom for the next day.
(c) Lay down to rest.
(d) Look at his gold.
3. What happened to Squire Cass’s wife?
(a) She had died a long time ago.
(b) She was gone traveling.
(c) She lived happily by his side.
(d) She had left him.
4. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
(a) A grumpy cow.
(b) A spindly spider.
(c) An angry rat.
(d) A spinning insect.
5. When he sees the empty hole in his floor where his gold had been, what is Silas’ reaction?
(a) He laughs, losing his mind in a moment of extreme loss.
(b) He panics, but does not at first believe that he has actually been robbed.
(c) He screams and runs out of the cottage.
(d) He faints in fear and horror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
3. What is it like outside when Dunsey left the weaver’s cottage?
4. Who gave Silas Marner the pork he is roasting when his gold is stolen?
5. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)