|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
(a) Waits for the hunt to end so he can finish the transaction with Bryce.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Goes to Bryce’s estate to finish the sale of the horse.
(d) Goes on the hunt.
2. Why does Dunsey knock on Silas Marner’s door loudly?
(a) He wants to frighten Silas Marner with his sudden arrival.
(b) He thinks Silas Marner is hard of hearing.
(c) He is afraid Silas Marner is not home.
(d) He hears something coming behind him.
3. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
(a) The east.
(b) The north.
(c) The west.
(d) The south.
4. Who is the greatest man in Raveloe?
(a) Silas Marner.
(b) Godfrey Cass.
(c) Squire Cass.
(d) William Dane.
5. What does Godfrey fear in confessing his marriage to Molly Farren to his father?
(a) Losing Nancy Lammeter.
(b) Losing his allowance.
(c) Being sent to his room.
(d) Needing to give back Wildfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dunsey in Silas Marner’s cottage looking for the gold?
2. Why had Silas Marner’s cottage door been unlocked when Dunsey had entered?
3. What form of judgment declared Silas Marner guilty of stealing at Lantern Yard?
4. Which two people go with Silas Marner to the constable’s after his gold is stolen?
5. What does Silas Marner decide to do after returning from the village and while waiting for his supper to cook?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)