|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Squire Cass’s wife?
(a) She was gone traveling.
(b) She had left him.
(c) She lived happily by his side.
(d) She had died a long time ago.
2. What physical malady afflicted Silas Marner from time to time?
(a) A bad cold.
3. How does Godfrey find out that Wildfire is dead?
(a) Rumor reaches Godfrey while visiting at the Rainbow.
(b) Bryce tells him.
(c) Godfrey finds Wildfire’s body.
(d) Dunsey finally comes home and confesses.
4. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
(a) His gun.
(b) His coat.
(c) His loom.
(d) His knife.
5. How old is Godfrey Cass when he is brought into the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Silas Marner want to punish the thief who stole his gold?
2. Which pieces of money does Silas use to take care of his needs?
3. What is it like outside when Dunsey left the weaver’s cottage?
4. What sets Squire Cass apart from the other landowners in Raveloe?
5. Who is Godfrey Cass in love with?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)