|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he sees the empty hole in his floor where his gold had been, what is Silas’ reaction?
(a) He panics, but does not at first believe that he has actually been robbed.
(b) He screams and runs out of the cottage.
(c) He faints in fear and horror.
(d) He laughs, losing his mind in a moment of extreme loss.
2. What does Dunsey mean by “I’m always lucky in my weather” (39)?
(a) He gets luck from all sorts of weather.
(b) He believes that the weather will cooperate for him.
(c) His luck comes from the weather.
(d) He enjoys weather more than most people.
3. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
(a) Mr. Macey.
(b) Bob, the butcher.
(c) Godfrey Cass.
(d) The landlord, Mr. Snell.
4. What is it like outside when Dunsey left the weaver’s cottage?
(a) The sun was setting and it was breezy.
(b) It was early morning and dewy.
(c) It was raining and dark.
(d) It was pitch black and warm.
5. What form of judgment declared Silas Marner guilty of stealing at Lantern Yard?
(a) The king’s order.
(b) A court case.
(c) Drawing lots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much gold was stolen from Silas Marner?
2. What sets Squire Cass apart from the other landowners in Raveloe?
3. What does Godfrey fear in confessing his marriage to Molly Farren to his father?
4. After Sarah left Silas, how long was it before she married William Dane?
5. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)