|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Squire Cass’s initial reaction to the story of Wildfire and Godfrey’s inability to pay him the 100 pounds?
(a) He stares in amazement.
(b) He makes Godfrey pay him back.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He hits Godfrey.
2. How old is Godfrey Cass when he is brought into the story?
3. What does Godfrey fear in confessing his marriage to Molly Farren to his father?
(a) Losing Nancy Lammeter.
(b) Needing to give back Wildfire.
(c) Being sent to his room.
(d) Losing his allowance.
4. How much gold was stolen from Silas Marner?
(a) 272 pounds, 12 and 6 pence.
(b) 172 pounds, 12 and 6 pence.
(c) 272 pounds.
(d) Over 300 pounds.
5. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
(b) Murdering a parishioner.
(c) Stealing the church’s money.
(d) Blaspheming God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Dolly Winthrop have Aaron sing for Silas Marner?
2. Who, is it thought, owned the tinder-box found near Silas Marner's cottage?
3. What is both Godfrey and Squire Cass’s first guess about what happened to Wildfire?
4. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
5. How much is Wildfire sold for?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)