|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dunsey knock on Silas Marner’s door loudly?
(a) He is afraid Silas Marner is not home.
(b) He wants to frighten Silas Marner with his sudden arrival.
(c) He hears something coming behind him.
(d) He thinks Silas Marner is hard of hearing.
2. What does it mean when it says "what does he do but go and stake him" (80) regarding Dunsey and Wildfire?
(a) The horse was cooked into steaks.
(b) He tried to jump a fence and the horse was skewered.
(c) He staked a claim for the horse.
(d) He wagered the horse on a bet.
3. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
(a) A life spent in fear.
(b) Moving away.
(c) Enlisting as a soldier.
4. Where do the upper class women of Raveloe prepare for the great New Years Eve dance at the Red House?
(a) They prepared at home and arrived ready for the evening.
(b) They dressed up beforehand, and applied makeup after their arrival.
(c) No preparations were necessary.
(d) They sent their cosmetics and clothing ahead and prepared for the party right at the house.
5. How long does the New Year’s Eve dance last?
(a) One whole night.
(b) It lasted for days.
(c) An evening of splendid fun.
(d) A lunch and a dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Godfrey want to avoid going to the hunt to sell Wildfire himself?
2. After Sarah left Silas, how long was it before she married William Dane?
3. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
4. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
5. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)