|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
(a) Bob, the butcher.
(b) Godfrey Cass.
(c) The landlord, Mr. Snell.
(d) Mr. Macey.
2. Who is Solomon in Chapter 11?
(a) The head butler at the Red House.
(b) Nancy Lammeter’s brother.
(c) An important guest of Squire Cass.
(d) The fiddler at the New Year’s Eve party.
3. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
(a) That the cottage looks ragged.
(b) That he would like to meet the crazy weaver.
(c) That the cottage looks very well kept.
(d) That it is rumored Silas Marner has a small fortune hidden somewhere.
4. How does Godfrey find out that Wildfire is dead?
(a) Rumor reaches Godfrey while visiting at the Rainbow.
(b) Bryce tells him.
(c) Godfrey finds Wildfire’s body.
(d) Dunsey finally comes home and confesses.
5. Why had Silas Marner’s cottage door been unlocked when Dunsey had entered?
(a) The string to lock it was being used to cook his supper.
(b) He was not worried about theft and left the door unlocked.
(c) His neighbors were watching the house for him.
(d) He had forgotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
2. Who was William Dane?
3. Why is Dunsey Cass’s absence after he kills Wildfire not a matter of concern or discussion?
4. Which pieces of money does Silas use to take care of his needs?
5. What does it mean when it says "what does he do but go and stake him" (80) regarding Dunsey and Wildfire?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)