|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before the story begins had Silas Marner arrived at Raveloe?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) He had lived there his entire life.
(d) 16 years.
2. What was cooking in Silas Marner’s cottage when Dunsey went in?
(a) A string of sausages.
(b) A pork stew.
(c) Potatoes and vegetables.
(d) A small piece of pork.
3. What physical malady afflicted Silas Marner from time to time?
(d) A bad cold.
4. Who is Solomon in Chapter 11?
(a) An important guest of Squire Cass.
(b) The fiddler at the New Year’s Eve party.
(c) The head butler at the Red House.
(d) Nancy Lammeter’s brother.
5. Most of Silas Marner’s neighbors have what kind of tone with him when they visit him after his loss?
(a) They are condescending and not comforting.
(b) They are cheery and positive.
(c) They are sad and sorrowful.
(d) They are angry and attacking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was William Dane?
2. Why does Godfrey owe 100 pounds to his father?
3. Where is Silas Marner when Dunsey stole his gold?
4. Who is Dolly Winthrop’s son?
5. What does Squire Cass decide regarding Dunsey’s position in his household after he staked Wildfire?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)