|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Makina, in her dream, when she is evicted from the ATM booth?
(a) In a cave with her brother.
(b) On top of the eighth hill.
(c) Back in her home.
(d) In the eighth circle of hell.
2. Where do Makina and her brother talk when she first finds him?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the park.
(d) In the street.
3. What does the cop tell Makina to do?
(a) Change her clothes.
(b) Ask permission for anything she wants.
(d) Surrender her possessions.
4. What does the light look like in the sky when Makina arrives at the address?
(a) Pink flowers.
(b) Gray with snow.
(c) Drying blood.
(d) Yellow storm clouds.
5. What does Makina say people are doing when they combine languages?
(a) Re-domesticating human experience.
(b) Marrying cultures.
(c) Returning to their roots.
(d) Making the world happen anew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Makina’s brother told he will be doing, by taking this job?
2. How does Makina’s brother answer when she asks if he got hurt?
3. What does Makina write?
4. What does Makina’s brother say made him confident about taking this job?
5. What does Makina write on after a cop tells her to do something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Makina find at the address she has been traveling toward?
2. Who does Makina find at the address she gets from the restaurant?
3. How does Makina find the boy from the bus?
4. Who does Makina meet at the army base before she meets her brother?
5. What drives Makina to take shelter in an ATM booth?
6. How does Makina’s brother explain why Mexican people stay in the U.S.?
7. What does Makina learn about the job her brother took?
8. How does Makina free herself and the others who have been collected by the cop?
9. What is Makina’s reaction when she sees her brother?
10. What does Makina learn about her brother from the old woman?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)