|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makina’s brother’s second note say?
(a) "I’m going to send money with my next letter."
(b) "I’m in danger, help."
(c) "Send money so I can come home."
(d) "I’m fine, I have a job."
2. Why does Makina feel guilty about making her trip?
(a) For needing so much help.
(b) For having left her mother.
(c) For not having money to pay her way.
(d) For leaving her switchboard.
3. How does Makina describe her countrymen when she sees them on the street?
(a) Like they are there to take orders.
(b) Like they are there looking for themselves.
(c) Like they are there looking for their family members.
(d) Like they are there to take over.
4. What does Makina’s brother’s third note say?
(a) "Send money, I’m broke."
(b) "Stop asking if I’m okay."
(c) "I have a job, now."
(d) "I’m going to send money soon."
5. What does Makina drink with Mr. Double-U?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many languages does Makina speak?
2. What does Mr. Aitch’s driver do when Makina takes out the package?
3. What does Makina tell her younger sister about men who have filthy mouths?
4. Where does Chucho tell Makina the pickup is, that will take her she wants to go?
5. What do the signs say, that Makina sees in the city after passing through the mountains?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)