|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 & Translator's note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role had Mr. Aitch played in Makina’s brother’s departure?
(a) He sent him into exile.
(b) He sent him away.
(c) He captured him and took him away for a job.
(d) He told him where to go.
2. What does Makina think she will do if she gets bad news at the army base?
(a) Sleep at the restaurant until she figures things out.
(b) Ask Mr. Aitch for help.
(c) Hang herself from a lamp post.
(d) Find a job.
3. What does Mr. Aitch wait to do, before he gives Makina the thing he wants her to deliver?
(a) Kiss his ring.
(b) Swear an oath.
(c) Knock back her drink.
(d) Give him some information.
4. How did Makina handle the man-who-struck-it-rich's failure?
(a) She laughed at him contemptuously in front of his friends.
(b) She called his mother and asked her to come get him.
(c) She called the police to have him taken away.
(d) She kissed him on the cheek and wished him better luck next time.
5. What does Mr. P offer Makina?
(b) A place to stay.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makina’s brother say happened after he went to the land?
2. What effect does Makina’s writing have?
3. What did the family expect Makina’s brother to do for them?
4. What does Makina write on after a cop tells her to do something?
5. What does Makina see as a good omen, when she gets across the river?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)