|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 & Translator's note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makina do after leaving the army base?
(a) Return to the restaurant.
(b) Start going home.
(c) Walk and keep walking.
(d) Look for work.
2. What is the sound Makina hears in the room at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) People singing.
(b) Running water.
(c) People talking.
(d) Birds calling.
3. Where do Makina and her brother talk when she first finds him?
(a) In the park.
(b) In the street.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the closet.
4. What does Makina find when she arrives at the land her brother had gone to see?
(a) A vacant lot.
(b) Sheer emptiness.
(c) A city intersection.
(d) A busy marketplace.
5. Who does Makina think when her acquaintance recognizes her?
(a) That she is very hungry.
(b) That she must look terrible.
(c) That she must still inspire fear.
(d) That she must be filthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Makina and her brother do before they speak when she first finds him?
2. What food has Makina brought with her?
3. How does Makina describe her countrymen when she sees them on the street?
4. What does Makina’s brother say his experience of war mostly consisted of?
5. How does Makina avoid being drowned when their inner tube flips in the river?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)