|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Makina not react immediately when the boy harasses her?
(a) She is not used to being treated this way.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She does not want to make a scene.
(d) She knows Mr. Aitch will be angry.
2. How are Makina’s countrymen different here?
(a) More begging.
(b) More singing.
(c) Less restraint.
(d) Less whistling.
3. When someone from Makina’s town struck it rich and came back, how did he try to impress Makina?
(a) By arriving in an expensive car.
(b) By flashing cash.
(c) By namedropping important men’s names.
(d) By demonstrating a cell phone.
4. What does Makina say about the food, which she knows is not true?
(a) That life was better at home.
(b) That American food is a lie.
(c) That all cooking is Mexican.
(d) That she could live here.
5. Why does Makina feel guilty about making her trip?
(a) For having left her mother.
(b) For needing so much help.
(c) For not having money to pay her way.
(d) For leaving her switchboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Makina think when her acquaintance recognizes her?
2. What does Makina tell her younger sister about men who have filthy mouths?
3. Why does Makina pack light?
4. Who is guarding the door at Mr. Aitch’s place?
5. What does Makina’s brother’s second note say?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)