|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say it feels like like to be around Cora?
(a) Being lost.
(b) Sitting on her lap.
(c) Being a child again.
(d) Having your thoughts a million miles away.
2. It is one thing to make exceptions, Makina says, but it is another to do what?
(a) Reinvent the rules.
(b) Change the rules.
(c) Ignore the rules.
(d) Break the rules.
3. What does the man at the land her brother had gone to tell Makina was there from the beginning?
(a) A town.
(b) A forest.
(d) A river.
4. What traits make the people’s language in America similar to Makina herself?
(a) Durability, obduracy.
(b) Formlessness, potential.
(c) Intensity, passion.
(d) Malleability, permeability.
5. What does Makina find when she arrives at the land her brother had gone to see?
(a) Sheer emptiness.
(b) A vacant lot.
(c) A city intersection.
(d) A busy marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makina say to the people who are swallowed by the sinkhole?
2. What is it about Makina’s boyfriend’s behavior that inspires respect in her?
3. Who is guarding the door at Mr. Aitch’s place?
4. What does Mr. P offer Makina?
5. Where does Makina hear a voice she recognizes?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)