Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
2. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
3. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
4. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
5. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
The wilderness is the setting of the novel, The Sign of the Beaver. In this novel, the wilderness is more than a backdrop for the action; it is a force. Discuss how the wilderness as it is described various times in the novel has the power to challenge, to motivate, to please, and to frighten characters. Use at least three specific examples from the text to show the role the wilderness plays in this novel.
At one point, both Saknis and Attean call Matt the white brother of Attean. Why is this term "brother" used by them here? How is being named a "brother" different than being called a "friend"? Why do they come to think Matt deserves this name?
How might Attean's mannerisms or brusque speaking patterns heighten Matt's uneasiness about Attean's motives or his intentions? In order to answer this adequately, refer directly to instances of Attean's actions or words.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)