|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
2. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
3. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
4. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
5. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
Essay Topic 1
Until Matt read Robinson Crusoe to Attean, it was just the story of an adventure. What does Matt himself learn from reading Robinson Crusoe through Attean's eyes? How does the book ultimately become an educational tool for Matt?
Essay Topic 2
The Sign of the Beaver is a piece of historical fiction. The basic dilemmas of Attean and his people were the dilemmas and tragedies of the native Americans in the times of westward expansion. What do you think of the author's decision to have Attean and his people leave before Matt's family could meet them?
Essay Topic 3
The road to friendship is a gradual sometimes--especially when there is mistrust and resentment. How does Matt overcome his mistrust of Attean? How does Attean overcome his resentment of white people?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)