Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
2. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
3. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
4. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
5. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
There are four instances in the book that deal with metal traps--early on there is Ben and his trapping for furs; there is Attean explaining how they cannot take the fox from a trap on another tribe's hunting ground; there is releasing the dog from the metal trap. How do these traps and rules around them illustrate the conflict between the white man and the Indian and each other's rules?
At one point, both Saknis and Attean call Matt the white brother of Attean. Why is this term "brother" used by them here? How is being named a "brother" different than being called a "friend"? Why do they come to think Matt deserves this name?
How might Attean's mannerisms or brusque speaking patterns heighten Matt's uneasiness about Attean's motives or his intentions? In order to answer this adequately, refer directly to instances of Attean's actions or words.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)