|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
2. In addition to mittens, what else does Matt want fur for?
3. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
4. What animal is in the trap that they come upon?
5. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17 Matt learns Attean's personal history. How is this personal history lesson more powerful to Matt than other lessons about Indians he has learned in the past?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of The Sign of the Beaver when Attean and Matt first meet, they are boys who are the same age and of very different cultures. In terms of their early relationship, that is until Attean becomes a man, compare and contrast these two young men.
Essay Topic 3
Even though Saknis is responsible for bringing up Attean, are there any significant ways in which Saknis and Attean are different? How does the reader sense the mutual love and respect they have for each other?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)