|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As winter approaches, what does Matt cut and dry that he thinks would be good for pie making?
2. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
3. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
4. Who makes Matt a new pair of snowshoes?
5. After Attean visits with his grandfather, with whom does Attean return a few days later?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of women in Attean's village? What does Attean say about women that help the reader understand his view of women in a community?
Essay Topic 2
In Matt's cabin, in addition to Robinson Crusoe, he also has the Bible. When Matt retells Attean a story from the Bible, Attean accepts it much better than the Robinson Crusoe story. What is it about the story of Noah's Ark that is ultimately more acceptable to Attean?
Essay Topic 3
Attean does not seem to understand Matt's concept of land ownership and he dismisses treaties that his people had with the white men as worthless. How then does he come to have a different opinion of the markings that tribes put on trees to designate their hunting grounds. How is this concept different from the ownership Matt understands?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)