|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
(b) It is returned to him.
(c) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
(d) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
2. When Matt is alone and feeling lonely, what does Matt imagine might have happened to his father?
(a) He might have difficulty with the Indians.
(b) He might have encountered bad weather.
(c) He might have been slowed down because of travelling with his wife and another child.
(d) He might have met up with a bear.
3. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of the killing the bear.
(b) The story of David and Goliath.
(c) The story of Noah's Ark.
(d) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
4. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
(a) He thought they were dull.
(b) He thought they were always hunting.
(c) He thought they were impolite.
(d) He thought they were mean.
5. Approximately how long does it take Matt and Attean to reach Attean's village from Matt's cabin?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) A little more than one hour.
(c) A little more than two hours.
(d) A little more than three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to mittens, what else does Matt want fur for?
2. What does Matt really love to have to add to his fish and make it taste delicious?
3. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
4. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
5. On this early autumn visit to Matt's cabin, what does Attean tell Matt the Indian men are preparing to hunt?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)