|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt hesitate to ask Attean for more stories?
(a) Matt thinks Attean is too proud of himself already.
(b) Matt wants to get back to cabin to see if his family has arrived.
(c) Matt thinks it might be impolite.
(d) Matt can't understand Attean's English.
2. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
(a) Baking corn muffins.
(b) Making corn chowder.
(c) Drying berries.
(d) Making stew from deer.
3. What do the rescuers use to prevent the dog from biting while they get it out of the trap?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A sport pole;
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A blanket.
4. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
(b) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
(c) It is returned to him.
(d) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
5. As winter approaches, what does Matt use to fill in the cracks between the logs in the cabin?
(a) Corn paste.
(b) Cement made from stones.
(c) Bear grease and fur paste.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt daydreams of being a hero to Attean, what does he imagine rescuing Attean from?
2. After Attean visits with his grandfather, with whom does Attean return a few days later?
3. Approximately how long does it take Matt and Attean to reach Attean's village from Matt's cabin?
4. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
5. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)