|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's rifle.
(b) His father's pistol.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) A bow and arrow.
2. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(b) From the bank of the creek.
(c) From the base of the cabin.
(d) From the rver bank.
3. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
(a) The garden was robbed.
(b) The door was torn off and broken.
(c) He smelled smoke.
(d) He heard voices from within the cabin.
4. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A baby.
5. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ben blames himself for the break-in, what does he specifically blame himself for?
2. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
3. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
4. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
5. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Matt's appetite might be considered the impetus for the action of Chapter 5, when he is attacked by bees?
2. How do Saknis and his grandson differ in their opinions of the white man?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, Matt comments that Attean has smiled his first genuine smile. One must infer the reason for this smile. What is the reason behind this smile?
4. How does Matt intend to deal with his loneliness?
5. How does Matt's remark about shooting squirrels remind the reader that Matt is still a child?
6. What is Attean's method for retracing his path in the woods that he tries to instill in Matt?
7. Why might one argue that Matt underestimates the danger the bees could cause him when he is planning to get some honey?
8. Why does Matt blame himself for the bear's intrusion into his cabin?
9. Characterize the relationship that develops between Saknis and Matt.
10. How does the story of Robinson Crusoe become more than a reading book for Attean and Matt?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)