|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
(a) Corn syrup.
(b) Barley malt.
2. In the midst of a bee swarm, what does Matt think will be his escape?
(a) Wet leaves.
(b) His blanket.
(d) His cabin.
3. What fruit does Matt find nearby?
4. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(d) Who's there?
5. Who is with Matt in the woods as the story begins?
(a) His father and his two older brothers.
(b) His father and his four older brothers.
(c) His father and his three older brothers.
(d) Only his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
2. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
3. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
4. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
5. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the explanation for Attean not eating the bear and how does he seem to feel about this?
2. Attean, to say the least, is uncooperative in his first reading lesson. Explain his behavior and the feelings behind this behavior.
3. How does Matt's father's teachings help Matt when he is alone?
4. Despite Matt's gun being gone, what is happens in Chapter 4 that suggests that Matt is in good spirits?
5. Matt wakes in the morning dreading the task of teaching Attean to read. Explain the reason for this dread and whether it is justified.
6. How does the story of Robinson Crusoe become more than a reading book for Attean and Matt?
7. Attean tells Matt that it is the white man who introduced metal traps to the Indians. What does the trap symbolize to Attean?
8. What is the conflict Matt faces when Saknis invites him to come along on the hunt with his people as Attean's brother?
9. What is Matt's reaction to Attean's explanation of his grandmother's hatred of white men?
10. What specifically causes Matt's accident and pain?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)