|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
(c) Green beans.
2. What are the pests that most often annoy Matt?
3. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A hunting vest.
(b) A boot.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A sock
4. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
(a) A shadow.
(c) A noise.
(d) A smell of another fire.
5. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
(b) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
(c) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(d) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
2. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
3. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
4. By what name does the stranger introduce himself?
5. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Looking back to how Matt first meets the man who calls himself Ben, what is Matt's first mistake regarding this man?
2. How might one evaluate the stories Ben tells of living with the Indians and fighting the French?
3. The first relationship the reader witnesses is the one between Matt and his father. Describe their relationship.
4. How does Matt's garden experience prove to be frustrating?
5. Attean, to say the least, is uncooperative in his first reading lesson. Explain his behavior and the feelings behind this behavior.
6. How does Matt's remark about shooting squirrels remind the reader that Matt is still a child?
7. Matt wakes in the morning dreading the task of teaching Attean to read. Explain the reason for this dread and whether it is justified.
8. Characterize the relationship that develops between Saknis and Matt.
9. Compare or contrast Attean and Matt as students.
10. What is Attean's method for retracing his path in the woods that he tries to instill in Matt?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)