|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
(a) Fish stew.
(b) Salted fish.
(c) Fish broth.
(d) Plain fish.
2. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) A hospital.
(b) His cabin.
(c) A teepee.
(d) A strange cabin.
3. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A dog.
(b) A baby.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A child.
4. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
5. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
(b) A fox.
(c) A bear.
(d) The stranger, Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
2. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
3. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
4. On the first trip that Attean and Matt make into the woods to hunt rabbits, what weapon did Attean bring?
5. What are the pests that most often annoy Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt intend to deal with his loneliness?
2. How does Matt's father's teachings help Matt when he is alone?
3. Why is the absence of the rifle so terrible for Matt?
4. Explain why the reader senses that Matt's rescuer is kind and that Matt is safe.
5. What is Attean's method for retracing his path in the woods that he tries to instill in Matt?
6. Explain whether Matt is jealous of Attean's fishing skills.
7. How does Matt's remark about shooting squirrels remind the reader that Matt is still a child?
8. How does Matt deal with his disappointment in not hitting the red squirrel that he sets out to kill for food?
9. How do Saknis and his grandson differ in their opinions of the white man?
10. How is Matt's experience of learning how to make a bow different from the other hunting lessons of Attean so far in the story?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)