|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
2. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
3. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A storm.
(b) A great wind.
(c) A tornado
(d) A great train.
4. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is wrong.
(b) It is ridiculous.
(c) It is sensible.
(d) It is difficult to understand.
5. After the boys both catch fish, how does Attean start a fire?
(a) From a small rock.
(b) From a hollowed out log.
(c) From small twigs.
(d) From dried pine needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
2. In the passage that Matt reads, why does Crusoe return to his ship?
3. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
4. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
5. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt's garden experience prove to be frustrating?
2. How does Matt intend to deal with his loneliness?
3. Explain why the reader senses that Matt's rescuer is kind and that Matt is safe.
4. Why does Matt blame himself for the bear's intrusion into his cabin?
5. At the end of Chapter 10, Matt comments that Attean has smiled his first genuine smile. One must infer the reason for this smile. What is the reason behind this smile?
6. The first relationship the reader witnesses is the one between Matt and his father. Describe their relationship.
7. How do Saknis and his grandson differ in their opinions of the white man?
8. Why might one argue that Matt underestimates the danger the bees could cause him when he is planning to get some honey?
9. Why is the absence of the rifle so terrible for Matt?
10. How does the story of Robinson Crusoe become more than a reading book for Attean and Matt?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)