|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
(a) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) By Wagon and Flatboat.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
2. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
3. By what name does the stranger introduce himself?
4. Who is with Matt in the woods as the story begins?
(a) His father and his four older brothers.
(b) Only his father.
(c) His father and his two older brothers.
(d) His father and his three older brothers.
5. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) His father's pistol.
(d) His father's rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
2. Who is Saknis?
3. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
4. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
5. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 10, Matt comments that Attean has smiled his first genuine smile. One must infer the reason for this smile. What is the reason behind this smile?
2. The first relationship the reader witnesses is the one between Matt and his father. Describe their relationship.
3. How is Matt's experience of learning how to make a bow different from the other hunting lessons of Attean so far in the story?
4. How does Matt's father's teachings help Matt when he is alone?
5. Explain why the reader senses that Matt's rescuer is kind and that Matt is safe.
6. How does Matt's remark about shooting squirrels remind the reader that Matt is still a child?
7. How might one evaluate the stories Ben tells of living with the Indians and fighting the French?
8. How does Matt deal with his disappointment in not hitting the red squirrel that he sets out to kill for food?
9. Attean, to say the least, is uncooperative in his first reading lesson. Explain his behavior and the feelings behind this behavior.
10. What is Attean's method for retracing his path in the woods that he tries to instill in Matt?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)