|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Attean does not come back to the village having completed his tasks successfully, how will his village view him?
(a) As a boy.
(b) As a coward.
(c) As a failure.
(d) As an unskilled hunter.
2. When Attean tells Matt of the hardships his people faced, what is the reason he says that white men kill Indian people for?
(a) Their possessions.
(c) Their scalps.
3. What is the next book that Matt has to get his adventures from?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Leaves of Grass.
(d) Around the World in Eighty Days.
4. When Matt goes to the Indian village for Attean and does not find Attean, who does Matt ask for?
(a) Attean's sister.
(b) Attean's brother.
(c) Attean's grandmother.
5. On this day that he has trouble opening the door, what food that his mother makes does Matt miss?
(a) Roast beef.
(c) Roast pork.
(d) Roast chicken.
6. As Matt realizes it is September, what sign of fall does he NOT encounter?
(a) Maple leaves turning red.
(b) Geese flying south.
(c) The woods becoming quieter.
(d) Indian children on their way to school.
7. What English word does Attean offer as a rough translation of his word "manitou"?
8. When Matt wakes up after the celebration at Attean's village, what does Matt NOT see hanging or laying around?
(a) Animal skin rugs.
(b) Fish bones.
(c) Animal bones.
(d) Clam shells.
9. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His belt.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pen knife.
10. When Matt first arrives at the village, how does he react to the smells from the cooking?
(a) He become very hungry.
(b) He becomes frightened that he will have to eat this food that he smells.
(c) He becomes curious.
(d) He becomes lighted-headed.
11. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
12. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
(a) Pine cones.
(b) Spruce needles.
13. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear's tooth.
(b) A piece of bear skin.
(c) A bear ear.
(d) A bear claw.
14. Who makes Matt a new pair of snowshoes?
(b) Attean's grandmother.
(c) Attean's sister.
15. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
(a) The total animal.
(b) Animal meat.
(c) Animal skin.
(d) Animal skeletons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning at the village, what makes the thumping sound that Matt notices?
2. What animal is in the trap that they come upon?
3. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
4. When Matt finally finishes telling the story of Robinson Crusoe to Attean, what does Attean say?
5. When Matt walks in the woods, how does he find his way?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)