|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how long does it take Matt and Attean to reach Attean's village from Matt's cabin?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) A little more than one hour.
(c) A little more than three hours.
(d) A little more than two hours.
2. When Attean appears with paint on his skin, what does Matt think?
(a) He thinks Attean is painted for a celebration.
(b) He thinks Attean is painted to scare Matt.
(c) He thinks Attean is painted for war.
(d) He thinks Attean has gone mad.
3. When Mat finally makes it outside, he does so by making a kind of tool that is similar to what?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A saw.
(c) A blade.
(d) A shovel.
4. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
(a) Desire to stay.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 24, Mat gazes up to the sky and talks to the dog. What does he talk about?
(a) The coming snow.
(b) His loneliness.
(d) The scarcity of meat.
6. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
(c) Cooking Lessons.
7. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
8. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(a) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
(b) His birthday.
9. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
(a) Baking corn muffins.
(b) Making stew from deer.
(c) Making corn chowder.
(d) Drying berries.
10. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
(a) He thought they were always hunting.
(b) He thought they were mean.
(c) He thought they were impolite.
(d) He thought they were dull.
11. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
12. What does Matt really love to have to add to his fish and make it taste delicious?
(a) Animal fat.
(c) His mother's special sauce.
13. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His belt.
(d) His pen knife.
14. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
(b) Pine cones.
(d) Spruce needles.
15. Who is Gluskabe?
(a) Attean's brother.
(b) Attean's friend.
(c) The story teller of people of the beaver.
(d) The Indian's Great Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Attean give Matt?
2. As Matt and Attean take leave of each other, who does Matt say he would like Attean's grandfather to meet?
3. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
4. When Matt first arrives at the village, how does he react to the smells from the cooking?
5. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)