|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(a) The gme with a long bat and ball.
(b) Gambling with disks.
(c) Racing in the water.
2. As Matt and Attean take leave of each other, who does Matt say he would like Attean's grandfather to meet?
(a) Ben, the man who stole his gun.
(b) Matt's mother.
(c) Matt's father.
(d) The governor of Massachusetts.
3. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
(a) Animal skeletons.
(b) Animal meat.
(c) The total animal.
(d) Animal skin.
4. On this day that he has trouble opening the door, what food that his mother makes does Matt miss?
(b) Roast chicken.
(c) Roast pork.
(d) Roast beef.
5. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
(a) He extends his hand to shake hands.
(b) He just walks out.
(c) He hugs Matt and calls him his brother.
(d) He gives him a small gift in a leather pouch.
6. What kind of story did Attean's story of Great Spirit make Matt think of?
(a) A psalm.
(b) A sermon.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A folk tale.
7. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His pen knife.
(d) His belt.
8. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
(b) Desire to stay.
9. What English word does Attean offer as a rough translation of his word "manitou"?
10. If Attean does not come back to the village having completed his tasks successfully, how will his village view him?
(a) As an unskilled hunter.
(b) As a failure.
(c) As a boy.
(d) As a coward.
11. What does Attean bring Matt for breakfast on the morning after the celebration?
(a) Bear stew.
(b) Porridge with fruit.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs.
12. Who makes Matt a new pair of snowshoes?
(c) Attean's sister.
(d) Attean's grandmother.
13. When Attean tells Matt of the hardships his people faced, what is the reason he says that white men kill Indian people for?
(b) Their scalps.
(c) Their possessions.
14. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Attean give Matt?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A finely made bow and quiver of arrows.
(c) A bear fur rug.
(d) His dog.
15. Who sends Matt a basket of maple sugar?
(a) Attean's sister.
(c) Attean's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Matt's fun-filled day at Attean's village, how long does Matt wait before he sees Attean again?
2. As winter approaches, what does Matt cut and dry that he thinks would be good for pie making?
3. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
4. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
5. Now that it is winter, how does Matt fish?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)