Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
(a) Fresh elk steaks.
(b) Matt's stolen rifle.
(c) A shiny new rifle.
(d) Fresh caribou meat.
2. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
3. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
4. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear ear.
(b) A piece of bear skin.
(c) A bear's tooth.
(d) A bear claw.
5. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of Noah's Ark.
(b) The story of the killing the bear.
(c) The story of David and Goliath.
(d) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
6. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(a) His birthday.
(b) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
7. What does Attean bring Matt for breakfast on the morning after the celebration?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs.
(c) Bear stew.
(d) Porridge with fruit.
8. What is suggested to Matt that will enable him to go on the hunt and not worry his father?
(a) Matt leave a note for his father.
(b) Attean's sister and another woman will cabin-sit.
(c) The hunting party will retrace steps weekly to check for father's arrival.
(d) Attean's grandmother will send Attean's sister to check on Matt's cabin.
9. What is the next book that Matt has to get his adventures from?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Around the World in Eighty Days.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Leaves of Grass.
10. How many arrows does Attean use to kill the bear?
11. Seconds before Matt and Attean encounter the bear, what makes Attean first sense danger?
(a) The sound of something moving quickly.
(b) The sound of a cry.
(c) The sound of something moving slowly.
(d) The branches moving.
12. When Matt wakes up after the celebration at Attean's village, what does Matt NOT see hanging or laying around?
(a) Clam shells.
(b) Animal bones.
(c) Animal skin rugs.
(d) Fish bones.
13. What do the rescuers use to prevent the dog from biting while they get it out of the trap?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A sport pole;
(c) A blanket.
(d) A hatchet.
14. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
15. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
(a) He hugs Matt and calls him his brother.
(b) He extends his hand to shake hands.
(c) He gives him a small gift in a leather pouch.
(d) He just walks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean tells Matt of the hardships his people faced, what is the reason he says that white men kill Indian people for?
2. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
3. As Matt realizes it is September, what sign of fall does he NOT encounter?
4. When Matt finally finishes telling the story of Robinson Crusoe to Attean, what does Attean say?
5. What is the story about that Attean tells Matt?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)