|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
(a) He gives him a small gift in a leather pouch.
(b) He hugs Matt and calls him his brother.
(c) He extends his hand to shake hands.
(d) He just walks out.
2. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
(a) Pine cones.
(c) Spruce needles.
3. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear's tooth.
(b) A bear ear.
(c) A bear claw.
(d) A piece of bear skin.
4. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
(d) Cooking Lessons.
5. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of Noah's Ark.
(b) The story of David and Goliath.
(c) The story of the killing the bear.
(d) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
6. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
(d) Desire to stay.
7. Who sends Matt a basket of maple sugar?
(a) Attean's grandmother.
(d) Attean's sister.
8. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(a) The gme with a long bat and ball.
(b) Racing in the water.
(d) Gambling with disks.
9. What prevents Matt from opening the cabin door to go outside?
10. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is returned to him.
(b) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
(c) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
(d) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Matt successfully kill with his bow and arrow?
(a) A fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A squirrel.
12. What is Attean permitted to eat during his stay alone in the forest?
(a) Salt-dried meat.
(b) Nuts and berries.
(c) Smoked fish.
13. What does Attean bring Matt for breakfast on the morning after the celebration?
(a) Bear stew.
(b) Porridge with fruit.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs.
14. When Matt is alone and feeling lonely, what does Matt imagine might have happened to his father?
(a) He might have difficulty with the Indians.
(b) He might have met up with a bear.
(c) He might have been slowed down because of travelling with his wife and another child.
(d) He might have encountered bad weather.
15. After Attean visits with his grandfather, with whom does Attean return a few days later?
(a) His dog.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Another white boy.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. As winter approaches, what does Matt cut and dry that he thinks would be good for pie making?
2. When Matt hears of the atrocities that take place here in this territory, who does he think of and fear for?
3. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
4. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
5. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, who accompanies him?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)