|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of the killing the bear.
(b) The story of David and Goliath.
(c) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
(d) The story of Noah's Ark.
2. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
(b) Beaver skin.
(c) Fox hide.
(d) Rabbit hide.
3. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear claw.
(b) A bear ear.
(c) A bear's tooth.
(d) A piece of bear skin.
4. When Attean appears with paint on his skin, what does Matt think?
(a) He thinks Attean has gone mad.
(b) He thinks Attean is painted for a celebration.
(c) He thinks Attean is painted for war.
(d) He thinks Attean is painted to scare Matt.
5. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
6. What is suggested to Matt that will enable him to go on the hunt and not worry his father?
(a) Attean's grandmother will send Attean's sister to check on Matt's cabin.
(b) Matt leave a note for his father.
(c) Attean's sister and another woman will cabin-sit.
(d) The hunting party will retrace steps weekly to check for father's arrival.
7. When Matt is alone and feeling lonely, what does Matt imagine might have happened to his father?
(a) He might have difficulty with the Indians.
(b) He might have been slowed down because of travelling with his wife and another child.
(c) He might have met up with a bear.
(d) He might have encountered bad weather.
8. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
(d) Cooking Lessons.
9. What does Matt really love to have to add to his fish and make it taste delicious?
(a) His mother's special sauce.
(c) Animal fat.
10. When Attean tells Matt that he and his family are leaving, what is the reason he gives Attean for their departure?
(a) They want to move to a warmer climate.
(b) They are tired of warring with the people of the turtle.
(c) They want to move to a more popuatled area.
(d) They must move to a better hunting ground.
11. In addition to mittens, what else does Matt want fur for?
(a) Mittens for his father.
(b) Mittens for his sister.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A hat.
12. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
13. On this day that he has trouble opening the door, what food that his mother makes does Matt miss?
(a) Roast pork.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Roast chicken.
14. When Mat finally makes it outside, he does so by making a kind of tool that is similar to what?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A saw.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A blade.
15. What does Matt throw at the bear?
(a) His stick.
(b) An arrow head.
(c) A rock.
(d) An animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Attean permitted to eat during his stay alone in the forest?
2. For what reason does Matt think Attean returns each day?
3. Who sends Matt a basket of maple sugar?
4. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
5. What kind of story did Attean's story of Great Spirit make Matt think of?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)