|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Matt give Attean?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) A watch.
(d) A shirt.
2. When Attean tells Matt of the hardships his people faced, what is the reason he says that white men kill Indian people for?
(a) Their scalps.
(b) Their possessions.
3. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
(a) Beaver skin.
(c) Rabbit hide.
(d) Fox hide.
4. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
5. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(b) His birthday.
(c) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
6. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Attean give Matt?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bear fur rug.
(c) A finely made bow and quiver of arrows.
(d) His dog.
7. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of Noah's Ark.
(b) The story of the killing the bear.
(c) The story of David and Goliath.
(d) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
8. Seconds before Matt and Attean encounter the bear, what makes Attean first sense danger?
(a) The sound of a cry.
(b) The sound of something moving quickly.
(c) The sound of something moving slowly.
(d) The branches moving.
9. What prevents Matt from opening the cabin door to go outside?
10. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
(b) It is returned to him.
(c) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
(d) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Matt successfully kill with his bow and arrow?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
12. When Matt is alone and feeling lonely, what does Matt imagine might have happened to his father?
(a) He might have met up with a bear.
(b) He might have difficulty with the Indians.
(c) He might have been slowed down because of travelling with his wife and another child.
(d) He might have encountered bad weather.
13. Who does Attean say will come to cut up and clean the bear?
(a) The women of the camp.
(b) The elders of the camp.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brothers.
14. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
15. When Attean appears with paint on his skin, what does Matt think?
(a) He thinks Attean is painted to scare Matt.
(b) He thinks Attean has gone mad.
(c) He thinks Attean is painted for a celebration.
(d) He thinks Attean is painted for war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
2. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
3. As winter approaches, what does Matt use to fill in the cracks between the logs in the cabin?
4. What is the next book that Matt has to get his adventures from?
5. What is suggested to Matt that will enable him to go on the hunt and not worry his father?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)