|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On this particular visit to Matt's cabin, what is Matt warned of?
(a) His father not coming.
(b) An early winter.
(c) Difficulty catching food.
(d) Hostile men in the woods who may harm him.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Matt successfully kill with his bow and arrow?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
3. What does Matt really love to have to add to his fish and make it taste delicious?
(b) His mother's special sauce.
(c) Animal fat.
4. When Matt walks in the woods, how does he find his way?
(a) He makes cuts in the trees.
(b) He memorizes the route.
(c) He drew on the trees.
(d) He leaves belongings on the trail.
5. What is the story about that Attean tells Matt?
(a) A flood.
(b) A treaty for peace.
(c) A hunt.
(d) A battle.
6. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
(a) Animal skeletons.
(b) The total animal.
(c) Animal skin.
(d) Animal meat.
7. When Matt daydreams of being a hero to Attean, what does he imagine rescuing Attean from?
(a) A pack of fox.
(b) A pack of hyenas.
(c) A bear, a panther or a rattlesnake.
(d) A pack of bears.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 24, Mat gazes up to the sky and talks to the dog. What does he talk about?
(a) His loneliness.
(b) The scarcity of meat.
(c) The coming snow.
9. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His belt.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His pen knife.
(d) His shoes.
10. As winter approaches, what does Matt use to fill in the cracks between the logs in the cabin?
(a) Corn paste.
(b) Bear grease and fur paste.
(c) Cement made from stones.
11. What does Attean bring Matt for breakfast on the morning after the celebration?
(a) Hard-boiled eggs.
(b) Porridge with fruit.
(d) Bear stew.
12. When Attean tells Matt that he and his family are leaving, what is the reason he gives Attean for their departure?
(a) They are tired of warring with the people of the turtle.
(b) They must move to a better hunting ground.
(c) They want to move to a more popuatled area.
(d) They want to move to a warmer climate.
13. For what reason does Matt think Attean returns each day?
(a) Attean enjoyed teaching Matt.
(b) Attean enjoyed making Matt look foolish.
(c) Attean's grandfather sent him.
(d) Attean was lonely.
14. Who makes Matt a new pair of snowshoes?
(a) Attean's sister.
(d) Attean's grandmother.
15. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(a) Racing in the water.
(b) Gambling with disks.
(d) The gme with a long bat and ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt first arrives at the village, how does he react to the smells from the cooking?
2. As winter approaches, what does Matt cut and dry that he thinks would be good for pie making?
3. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Attean give Matt?
4. If Attean does not come back to the village having completed his tasks successfully, how will his village view him?
5. In addition to mittens, what else does Matt want fur for?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)