|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Matt give Attean?
(a) A watch.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A shirt.
2. What word best describes Matt's thoughts as soon as Attean and the fellow visitor leave?
3. Who makes Matt a new pair of snowshoes?
(a) Attean's grandmother.
(d) Attean's sister.
4. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
(a) He thought they were mean.
(b) He thought they were impolite.
(c) He thought they were always hunting.
(d) He thought they were dull.
5. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear ear.
(b) A bear's tooth.
(c) A piece of bear skin.
(d) A bear claw.
6. What is Attean permitted to eat during his stay alone in the forest?
(a) Nuts and berries.
(c) Smoked fish.
(d) Salt-dried meat.
7. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
8. Why does Matt hesitate to ask Attean for more stories?
(a) Matt thinks Attean is too proud of himself already.
(b) Matt thinks it might be impolite.
(c) Matt wants to get back to cabin to see if his family has arrived.
(d) Matt can't understand Attean's English.
9. What is the story about that Attean tells Matt?
(a) A hunt.
(b) A treaty for peace.
(c) A battle.
(d) A flood.
10. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
(a) Matt's stolen rifle.
(b) Fresh elk steaks.
(c) Fresh caribou meat.
(d) A shiny new rifle.
11. When Attean tells Matt that he and his family are leaving, what is the reason he gives Attean for their departure?
(a) They must move to a better hunting ground.
(b) They want to move to a more popuatled area.
(c) They are tired of warring with the people of the turtle.
(d) They want to move to a warmer climate.
12. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(a) Gambling with disks.
(b) Racing in the water.
(d) The gme with a long bat and ball.
13. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
(a) Beaver skin.
(c) Rabbit hide.
(d) Fox hide.
14. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
(b) It is returned to him.
(c) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
(d) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
15. How many arrows does Attean use to kill the bear?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean tells Matt of the hardships his people faced, what is the reason he says that white men kill Indian people for?
2. Seconds before Matt and Attean encounter the bear, what makes Attean first sense danger?
3. What does Matt throw at the bear?
4. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
5. What is the next book that Matt has to get his adventures from?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)