|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story did Attean's story of Great Spirit make Matt think of?
(a) A folk tale.
(b) A psalm.
(c) A tall tale.
(d) A sermon.
2. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
3. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, who accompanies him?
(a) His sister.
(b) The group of boys he played with at the village.
(d) His grandmother.
4. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Matt successfully kill with his bow and arrow?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A beaver.
6. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A piece of bear skin.
(b) A bear ear.
(c) A bear claw.
(d) A bear's tooth.
7. When Attean appears with paint on his skin, what does Matt think?
(a) He thinks Attean is painted for a celebration.
(b) He thinks Attean is painted for war.
(c) He thinks Attean has gone mad.
(d) He thinks Attean is painted to scare Matt.
8. When Matt daydreams of being a hero to Attean, what does he imagine rescuing Attean from?
(a) A pack of bears.
(b) A pack of fox.
(c) A bear, a panther or a rattlesnake.
(d) A pack of hyenas.
9. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
(a) Making corn chowder.
(b) Making stew from deer.
(c) Drying berries.
(d) Baking corn muffins.
10. As winter approaches, what does Matt use to fill in the cracks between the logs in the cabin?
(a) Corn paste.
(b) Bear grease and fur paste.
(c) Cement made from stones.
11. After Matt's fun-filled day at Attean's village, how long does Matt wait before he sees Attean again?
(a) About 3 months.
(b) About 1 week.
(c) About 2 weeks.
(d) About 4 days.
12. When Matt walks in the woods, how does he find his way?
(a) He drew on the trees.
(b) He leaves belongings on the trail.
(c) He makes cuts in the trees.
(d) He memorizes the route.
13. What does Matt throw at the bear?
(a) An animal.
(b) An arrow head.
(c) His stick.
(d) A rock.
14. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His pen knife.
(d) His belt.
15. What do the rescuers use to prevent the dog from biting while they get it out of the trap?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A sport pole;
(d) An arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Matt realizes it is September, what sign of fall does he NOT encounter?
2. Who sends Matt a basket of maple sugar?
3. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
4. Who does Attean say will come to cut up and clean the bear?
5. When Matt wakes up after the celebration at Attean's village, what does Matt NOT see hanging or laying around?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)