|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Attean does not come back to the village having completed his tasks successfully, how will his village view him?
(a) As an unskilled hunter.
(b) As a boy.
(c) As a failure.
(d) As a coward.
2. In addition to mittens, what else does Matt want fur for?
(a) Mittens for his sister.
(b) Mittens for his father.
(c) A hat.
(d) A jacket.
3. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
(c) Desire to stay.
4. What emotion does Matt imagine he sees in Attean's eyes?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 24, Mat gazes up to the sky and talks to the dog. What does he talk about?
(a) The coming snow.
(c) The scarcity of meat.
(d) His loneliness.
6. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(b) Racing in the water.
(c) The gme with a long bat and ball.
(d) Gambling with disks.
7. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
8. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of Noah's Ark.
(b) The story of David and Goliath.
(c) The story of the killing the bear.
(d) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
9. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
(b) Pine cones.
(c) Spruce needles.
10. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Matt give Attean?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A watch.
(d) A shirt.
11. In the morning at the village, what makes the thumping sound that Matt notices?
(a) Boys jumping on a crude trampoline.
(b) Boys beating small drums.
(c) Women mortaring corn into meal.
(d) Women grinding fish bones for ceramics.
12. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(b) His birthday.
(c) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
13. On this early autumn visit to Matt's cabin, what does Attean tell Matt the Indian men are preparing to hunt?
(a) Bear and moose.
(b) Caribou and moose.
(d) Deer and elk.
14. What English word does Attean offer as a rough translation of his word "manitou"?
15. After Attean visits with his grandfather, with whom does Attean return a few days later?
(a) His dog.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Another white boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
2. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
3. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
4. What is the next book that Matt has to get his adventures from?
5. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)