|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
(a) It is returned to him.
(b) It is repaired by a woman because it was torn earlier in play.
(c) It is taken from him as an intitiation.
(d) It is replaced by a new suede shirt.
2. How doesMatt first become aware of an animal being in danger?
(a) He senses danger.
(b) He sees the dog in the trap.
(c) He smells blood.
(d) He hears an animal cry.
3. Who sends Matt a basket of maple sugar?
(b) Attean's grandmother.
(c) Attean's sister.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, what animal does Matt successfully kill with his bow and arrow?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A squirrel.
5. What English word does Attean offer as a rough translation of his word "manitou"?
6. On this particular visit to Matt's cabin, what is Matt warned of?
(a) His father not coming.
(b) Hostile men in the woods who may harm him.
(c) Difficulty catching food.
(d) An early winter.
7. In what game that he plays with the Indians is Matt most successful?
(a) Gambling with disks.
(b) The gme with a long bat and ball.
(c) Racing in the water.
8. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
9. Who is Gluskabe?
(a) The Indian's Great Spirit.
(b) Attean's friend.
(c) Attean's brother.
(d) The story teller of people of the beaver.
10. What do the rescuers use to prevent the dog from biting while they get it out of the trap?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A sport pole;
(c) A blanket.
(d) A hatchet.
11. What is the story about that Attean tells Matt?
(a) A treaty for peace.
(b) A hunt.
(c) A battle.
(d) A flood.
12. Who does Attean say will come to cut up and clean the bear?
(a) The women of the camp.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His brothers.
(d) The elders of the camp.
13. What does Matt wish Attean had given him to show his father upon his return?
(a) A bear ear.
(b) A bear's tooth.
(c) A piece of bear skin.
(d) A bear claw.
14. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
(a) The story of Robinson Crusoe.
(b) The story of Noah's Ark.
(c) The story of the killing the bear.
(d) The story of David and Goliath.
15. Once Matt is finished outside, he relaxes with a cup of tea. From what does he make this tea?
(c) Pine cones.
(d) Spruce needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 24, Mat gazes up to the sky and talks to the dog. What does he talk about?
2. When Matt first arrives at the village, how does he react to the smells from the cooking?
3. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
4. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
5. When Mat finally makes it outside, he does so by making a kind of tool that is similar to what?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)