|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attean teach Matt that he could make a rain cape from?
(a) Fox hide.
(b) Beaver skin.
(d) Rabbit hide.
2. As winter approaches, what does Matt use to fill in the cracks between the logs in the cabin?
(b) Corn paste.
(c) Cement made from stones.
(d) Bear grease and fur paste.
3. As Matt and Attean take leave of each other, who does Matt say he would like Attean's grandfather to meet?
(a) Ben, the man who stole his gun.
(b) Matt's father.
(c) Matt's mother.
(d) The governor of Massachusetts.
4. On this day that he has trouble opening the door, what food that his mother makes does Matt miss?
(a) Roast pork.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Roast chicken.
5. What does Matt throw at the bear?
(a) An arrow head.
(b) His stick.
(c) A rock.
(d) An animal.
6. Who is Gluskabe?
(a) Attean's friend.
(b) Attean's brother.
(c) The Indian's Great Spirit.
(d) The story teller of people of the beaver.
7. From what does Matt make a pair of mittens for himself?
8. Before Attean leaves Matt, what gift does Matt give Attean?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A watch.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) A shirt.
9. What does Matt really love to have to add to his fish and make it taste delicious?
(b) His mother's special sauce.
(c) Animal fat.
10. What do the rescuers use to prevent the dog from biting while they get it out of the trap?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A sport pole;
(d) A blanket.
11. When Matt first arrives at the village, how does he react to the smells from the cooking?
(a) He becomes frightened that he will have to eat this food that he smells.
(b) He becomes lighted-headed.
(c) He become very hungry.
(d) He becomes curious.
12. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
(a) Cooking Lessons.
13. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(b) His birthday.
(d) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
14. As winter approaches, what does Matt cut and dry that he thinks would be good for pie making?
15. What is one of the food preparations that Matt learns from the Indian women?
(a) Making corn chowder.
(b) Drying berries.
(c) Baking corn muffins.
(d) Making stew from deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attean do as he leaves Matt at the cabin in Chapter 21?
2. On this early autumn visit to Matt's cabin, what does Attean tell Matt the Indian men are preparing to hunt?
3. How many arrows does Attean use to kill the bear?
4. What is Attean permitted to eat during his stay alone in the forest?
5. When Attean visits Matt after his manitou, what is he carrying?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)