|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) Common English words.
(b) How to do simple addition.
(c) How to write numbers.
(d) The alphabet.
2. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It is a good, tight house.
(b) It is strong and large.
(c) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
(d) It is strong, but small.
3. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
(b) That his father is away just now.
(c) That it is note of his business.
(d) That he is alone.
4. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
5. What animal does Matt want to be his next target?
(a) A muskrat.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A rabbit.
6. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
(a) A grey fox.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A red fox.
(d) A red squirrel.
7. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
(a) He builds a grill and puts it over the fire.
(b) He uses a hot rock on the fire.
(c) He puts sticks through the entire fish and holds it over the fire.
(d) He wraps the fish in leaves and puts it on the fire.
8. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bear.
(c) The stranger, Ben.
9. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
10. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
(a) The garden was robbed.
(b) He heard voices from within the cabin.
(c) He smelled smoke.
(d) The door was torn off and broken.
11. When Attean catches a fish he feels is too small, what does he do with the fish before he releases it?
(a) He blesses it.
(b) He squeezes it.
(c) He throws it at Matt.
(d) He speaks to it.
12. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
(a) The passage about surviving a storm.
(b) The passage about signing a treaty.
(c) The passage about being born in the heart of New York City.
(d) The passage about a battle at sea.
13. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is a spring Indian ritual.
(b) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(c) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
(d) It is supposed to repel insects.
14. After the incident with the bees, what is the main source of Matt's pain?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His shoulder.
15. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(c) Corn syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean becomes angry and storms out of the cabin in Chapter 9, in what mood is Matt left?
2. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
3. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
4. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
5. What is Matt's bed made of?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)