|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
(a) Rubbing 2 sticks together.
2. What does the word "seba" mean?
3. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
(a) The family dog.
(b) The eldest brother.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A rifle.
4. Who is Aremus?
(a) Attean's sister.
(b) Attean's friend.
(c) Attean's brother.
(d) Attean's dog.
5. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
(b) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
(c) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
(d) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
6. By what name does the stranger introduce himself?
7. When Attean catches a fish he feels is too small, what does he do with the fish before he releases it?
(a) He blesses it.
(b) He speaks to it.
(c) He squeezes it.
(d) He throws it at Matt.
8. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
9. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) His father.
(b) An Indian man.
(c) An Indian child.
10. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
(a) The passage about a battle at sea.
(b) The passage about surviving a storm.
(c) The passage about signing a treaty.
(d) The passage about being born in the heart of New York City.
11. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's pistol.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) His father's rifle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
12. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
(a) A stew.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) His father's rifle.
(d) A pair of shoes.
13. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
14. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(b) It is supposed to repel insects.
(c) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
(d) It is a spring Indian ritual.
15. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
(a) Fish broth.
(b) Salted fish.
(c) Plain fish.
(d) Fish stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
2. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
3. What is Matt's bed made of?
4. How might one characterize the way in which Matt and Attean work together in the forest to create a weapon?
5. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)