|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
2. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A bear steak.
(d) A stew.
3. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
4. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
5. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
(b) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(c) He throws the book Matt.
(d) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
6. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His neck.
(b) His feet.
(c) His face.
(d) HIs arms.
7. How might one characterize Matt and Attean 's opinion of the finished weapon?
(a) It is rough, but it will do the job.
(b) It is a beauty and will work well.
(c) Matt is satisfied; Attean is not satisfied.
(d) Attean is satisfied; Matt is not satisfied.
8. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) His father's pistol.
(c) His father's rifle.
(d) A bow and arrow.
9. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That he is alone.
(b) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
(c) That it is note of his business.
(d) That his father is away just now.
10. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(b) From the rver bank.
(c) From the bank of the creek.
(d) From the base of the cabin.
11. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
12. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A footstool.
(c) A crutch.
(d) A slingshot.
13. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(a) Corn syrup.
14. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a day.
15. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
(a) The stranger, Ben.
(b) A fox.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
2. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
3. Who is Saknis?
4. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
5. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)