|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Matt was discouraged, what does he decide to do after he cleans up after the break in?
(a) Cook gritty cakes.
(b) Cook fish.
(c) Cook stew.
(d) Make bread.
2. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
(a) You know.
(c) I bet.
(d) I know.
3. What fruit does Matt find nearby?
4. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's rifle.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) His father's pistol.
5. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
6. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
(a) Barley malt.
(b) Corn syrup.
7. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
8. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) A vine.
(b) A hole in the ground.
(c) Dried pine needles.
(d) A tree root.
9. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
(a) Corn and tomatoes.
(b) Corn and pumpkins.
(c) Corn and potatoes.
(d) Corn and squash.
10. What is the one animal that is Matt's goal to shoot?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fox.
11. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(c) Who's there?
12. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
(a) Rubbing 2 sticks together.
13. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
14. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A hunting vest.
(c) A sock
(d) A boot.
15. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is sensible.
(b) It is wrong.
(c) It is ridiculous.
(d) It is difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
2. In the passage that Matt reads, why does Crusoe return to his ship?
3. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
4. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
5. When Attean catches a fish he feels is too small, what does he do with the fish before he releases it?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)