|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
(a) A smell of another fire.
(c) A noise.
(d) A shadow.
2. Although Matt was discouraged, what does he decide to do after he cleans up after the break in?
(a) Cook gritty cakes.
(b) Cook stew.
(c) Cook fish.
(d) Make bread.
3. When Matt and Attean arrive in a part of the woods, Matt has never been in, where do they see the sign of the beaver?
(a) On a teepee.
(b) On a fort.
(c) On a tree.
(d) On a stone.
4. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
(a) His mother.
(b) His preacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His Indian friends from Massachusetts.
5. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
6. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
7. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
8. Who bakes the johnnycake that Matt eats after hunting?
(a) Matt's father.
(b) Matt's mother.
(d) A local Indian.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Matt wake up and decide he wants?
(a) A deluxe fishing spear.
(b) A javelin to throw.
(c) A bow to hunt with.
(d) His father's rifle back.
10. When Ben blames himself for the break-in, what does he specifically blame himself for?
(a) Not barring the door securely.
(b) Leaving a piece of corn cake on the stoop.
(c) Leaving the aroma of stew near an open window.
(d) Not barring the door at all.
11. In the passage that Matt reads, why does Crusoe return to his ship?
(a) To get exercise.
(b) To get supplies.
(c) To get treasure.
(d) To rescue his helper.
12. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
(c) Pine sap droplets.
13. On the first trip that Attean and Matt make into the woods to hunt rabbits, what weapon did Attean bring?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A snare.
(d) A bow and arrow.
14. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It is wrong.
(c) It is sensible.
(d) It is ridiculous.
15. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(b) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
(c) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
(d) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
2. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
3. As Matt sits waiting for his dinner to cook, he hears someone. Who/what does he first think he hears?
4. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
5. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)