|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Matt sits waiting for his dinner to cook, he hears someone. Who/what does he first think he hears?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His Dad.
(c) His younger brother.
(d) His older brother.
2. Who is Saknis?
(a) A trapper.
(b) An older Indian man.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) A fur trader.
3. What part of his body does Matt hurt with his new hunting tool?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His thumb.
(d) The heel of his hand.
4. After the boys both catch fish, how does Attean start a fire?
(a) From small twigs.
(b) From dried pine needles.
(c) From a hollowed out log.
(d) From a small rock.
5. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) The cold weather.
(b) Not enough sunshine.
(c) Not enough rain.
(d) Birds and animals.
6. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
7. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(b) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
(c) He throws the book Matt.
(d) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
8. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the bank of the creek.
(b) From the base of the cabin.
(c) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(d) From the rver bank.
9. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
(a) Fish broth.
(b) Plain fish.
(c) Fish stew.
(d) Salted fish.
10. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That his father is away just now.
(b) That he is alone.
(c) That it is note of his business.
(d) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
11. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A dining table.
(c) A beaver stew.
(d) A bed.
12. What does Saknis bring Matt to wear?
(a) Suede pants.
(b) New boots.
(c) Suede shirt.
13. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
(a) A footstool.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A crutch.
(d) A slingshot.
14. What does the sign of the beaver designate?
(a) Hunting property of the people of the beaver.
(b) The home of Attean.
(c) A historic treaty signing location.
(d) A beaver preserve.
15. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
(a) Green beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
2. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
3. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Matt wake up and decide he wants?
5. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)