|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A great train.
(b) A tornado
(c) A great wind.
(d) A storm.
2. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
3. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
(a) Corn syrup.
(b) Barley malt.
4. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
5. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
(a) He asked if he could stay.
(b) He told Matt that if he could stay he would help with chores.
(c) He slid from the stool and lay down on the floor.
(d) He fell asleep while Matt was speaking.
6. What kind of trees are used to build their cabin?
7. What are the pests that most often annoy Matt?
8. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
(a) A stew.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) His father's rifle.
9. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
(a) A beaver stew.
(b) A dining table.
(c) A bed.
(d) A rifle.
10. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
(b) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
(c) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
(d) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
11. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His feet.
(b) His face.
(c) His neck.
(d) HIs arms.
12. How often does Matt cook for himself?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) Three times a day.
13. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
(a) His Indian friends from Massachusetts.
(b) His preacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) A tree root.
(b) A vine.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) Dried pine needles.
15. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
(a) A noise.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A smell of another fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matt's bed made of?
2. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
3. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
4. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
5. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)