|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
2. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
(b) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(c) It is supposed to repel insects.
(d) It is a spring Indian ritual.
3. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A red fox.
(c) A grey fox.
(d) A red squirrel.
4. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
(a) A thistle.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A stone.
(d) A pine cone.
5. What is the main source of noise Matt notices in the woods?
(a) Distant gun shots.
(b) His own voice.
6. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
7. By what name does the stranger introduce himself?
8. Who is Attean?
(a) A fur trader.
(b) An Indian child.
(c) An older Indian man.
(d) A trapper
9. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(b) His father.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) An Indian man.
10. How might one characterize Matt and Attean 's opinion of the finished weapon?
(a) Matt is satisfied; Attean is not satisfied.
(b) It is rough, but it will do the job.
(c) Attean is satisfied; Matt is not satisfied.
(d) It is a beauty and will work well.
11. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
(a) Corn and tomatoes.
(b) Corn and potatoes.
(c) Corn and squash.
(d) Corn and pumpkins.
12. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A crutch.
(c) A footstool.
(d) A slingshot.
13. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
(b) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
(c) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(d) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
14. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A sock
(b) A hunting vest.
(c) A boot.
(d) A shirt.
15. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) Not enough sunshine.
(b) The cold weather.
(c) Not enough rain.
(d) Birds and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
2. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
3. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
4. What is Matt's bed made of?
5. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)