|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A stew.
(c) A groundhog.
(d) A bear steak.
2. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) A strange cabin.
(b) A teepee.
(c) A hospital.
(d) His cabin.
3. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
(b) Pine sap droplets.
4. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A great wind.
(b) A great train.
(c) A storm.
(d) A tornado
5. Who is Saknis?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) A trapper.
(c) A fur trader.
(d) An older Indian man.
6. When Attean becomes angry and storms out of the cabin in Chapter 9, in what mood is Matt left?
7. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A red fox.
(c) A red squirrel.
(d) A grey fox.
8. After the boys both catch fish, how does Attean start a fire?
(a) From small twigs.
(b) From dried pine needles.
(c) From a hollowed out log.
(d) From a small rock.
9. On the first trip that Attean and Matt make into the woods to hunt rabbits, what weapon did Attean bring?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A snare.
(d) A knife.
10. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
(b) It is strong, but small.
(c) It is strong and large.
(d) It is a good, tight house.
11. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
(a) Stew and corn cake.
(c) Dried fish.
(d) A jar of honey.
12. What fruit does Matt find nearby?
13. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A thistle.
(c) A pine cone.
(d) A stone.
14. How might one characterize Matt and Attean 's opinion of the finished weapon?
(a) Attean is satisfied; Matt is not satisfied.
(b) It is rough, but it will do the job.
(c) It is a beauty and will work well.
(d) Matt is satisfied; Attean is not satisfied.
15. When Attean leaves, whose trip does Matt compare Robinson Crusoe's survival to?
(c) His own survival after the bee sting.
(d) His and his father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
2. What does the word "seba" mean?
3. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
4. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
5. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)