|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might one characterize the way in which Matt and Attean work together in the forest to create a weapon?
2. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Twice a week.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Matt wake up and decide he wants?
(a) A bow to hunt with.
(b) A deluxe fishing spear.
(c) His father's rifle back.
(d) A javelin to throw.
4. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
5. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
6. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
7. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
(a) A stone.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A thistle.
(d) A pine cone.
8. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
9. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
(a) Indians are afraid on cabins built on their territory.
(b) Indians would have left a gift.
(c) Indians don't like the white settlers' food.
(d) Human beings wouldn't scatter food like this.
10. Why does Attean have a problem with Matt's sitting next to him?
(a) Attean feels that Matt talks too loud.
(b) Attean says he wants to stand.
(c) Attean mistrusts Matt.
(d) Attean does not want Matt so close.
11. Who is Saknis?
(a) A fur trader.
(b) An older Indian man.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) A trapper.
12. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
(a) A stew.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bear steak.
(d) A groundhog.
13. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
(a) Barley malt.
(c) Corn syrup.
14. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
(b) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
(c) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(d) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
15. Although Matt was discouraged, what does he decide to do after he cleans up after the break in?
(a) Cook gritty cakes.
(b) Cook stew.
(c) Cook fish.
(d) Make bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Matt cook for himself?
2. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
3. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
4. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
5. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)