|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It is wrong.
(c) It is sensible.
(d) It is ridiculous.
2. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
3. Who is Aremus?
(a) Attean's dog.
(b) Attean's sister.
(c) Attean's brother.
(d) Attean's friend.
4. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) A teepee.
(b) A hospital.
(c) His cabin.
(d) A strange cabin.
5. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
6. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
7. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
(b) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
(c) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
(d) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
8. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A dog.
(c) A baby.
(d) A child.
9. What is the one animal that is Matt's goal to shoot?
(a) A bear.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A deer.
10. What is the main source of noise Matt notices in the woods?
(b) His own voice.
(c) Distant gun shots.
11. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
12. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
(a) Pine sap droplets.
13. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
(a) A stone.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A pine cone.
(d) A thistle.
14. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
(a) Green beans.
15. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's pistol.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) His father's rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trees are used to build their cabin?
2. What does Matt think of the difficulty of climbing the tree that has bees in it?
3. After hunting lessons from Attean, what is the first thing that Matt catches?
4. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
5. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)