|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
(b) Dried fish.
(c) Stew and corn cake.
(d) A jar of honey.
2. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
(a) He uses a hot rock on the fire.
(b) He puts sticks through the entire fish and holds it over the fire.
(c) He builds a grill and puts it over the fire.
(d) He wraps the fish in leaves and puts it on the fire.
3. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
4. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His face.
(b) HIs arms.
(c) His neck.
(d) His feet.
5. In the midst of a bee swarm, what does Matt think will be his escape?
(a) His blanket.
(c) His cabin.
(d) Wet leaves.
6. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A beaver stew.
(c) A dining table.
(d) A bed.
7. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(c) Who's there?
8. Who is with Matt in the woods as the story begins?
(a) His father and his two older brothers.
(b) Only his father.
(c) His father and his four older brothers.
(d) His father and his three older brothers.
9. In the passage that Matt reads, why does Crusoe return to his ship?
(a) To get treasure.
(b) To rescue his helper.
(c) To get supplies.
(d) To get exercise.
10. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
(d) Pine sap droplets.
11. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
(b) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(c) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
(d) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
12. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(d) Corn syrup.
13. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
14. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
15. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
2. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
3. What does the sign of the beaver designate?
4. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
5. Although Matt was discouraged, what does he decide to do after he cleans up after the break in?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)