|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Matt estimate that it will take Attean to learn his lessons?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
2. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
3. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A stew.
(d) His father's rifle.
4. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(b) Who's there?
5. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
(a) He slid from the stool and lay down on the floor.
(b) He asked if he could stay.
(c) He told Matt that if he could stay he would help with chores.
(d) He fell asleep while Matt was speaking.
6. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
7. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
(a) He smelled smoke.
(b) The door was torn off and broken.
(c) He heard voices from within the cabin.
(d) The garden was robbed.
8. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
(b) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(c) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
(d) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
9. Who bakes the johnnycake that Matt eats after hunting?
(b) Matt's father.
(c) A local Indian.
(d) Matt's mother.
10. What is the main source of noise Matt notices in the woods?
(a) Distant gun shots.
(c) His own voice.
11. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
12. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
(a) Corn and potatoes.
(b) Corn and tomatoes.
(c) Corn and pumpkins.
(d) Corn and squash.
13. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A great wind.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tornado
(d) A great train.
14. What does the sign of the beaver designate?
(a) A beaver preserve.
(b) The home of Attean.
(c) Hunting property of the people of the beaver.
(d) A historic treaty signing location.
15. On the first trip that Attean and Matt make into the woods to hunt rabbits, what weapon did Attean bring?
(a) A snare.
(b) A knife.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
2. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
3. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
4. After the boys both catch fish, how does Attean start a fire?
5. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)