|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
(a) Human beings wouldn't scatter food like this.
(b) Indians don't like the white settlers' food.
(c) Indians are afraid on cabins built on their territory.
(d) Indians would have left a gift.
2. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
(a) He wraps the fish in leaves and puts it on the fire.
(b) He uses a hot rock on the fire.
(c) He builds a grill and puts it over the fire.
(d) He puts sticks through the entire fish and holds it over the fire.
3. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
4. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A strange cabin.
(c) A teepee.
(d) His cabin.
5. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
6. How often does Matt cook for himself?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Twice a day.
7. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
8. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(b) Corn syrup.
9. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
(a) A bear.
(b) The stranger, Ben.
(d) A fox.
10. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) Not enough sunshine.
(b) Birds and animals.
(c) Not enough rain.
(d) The cold weather.
11. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) Dried pine needles.
(b) A vine.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) A tree root.
12. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
13. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A great wind.
(b) A great train.
(c) A tornado
(d) A storm.
14. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
(a) The passage about surviving a storm.
(b) The passage about signing a treaty.
(c) The passage about being born in the heart of New York City.
(d) The passage about a battle at sea.
15. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
2. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
3. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
4. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
5. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)