|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
(b) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(c) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
(d) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
2. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
(a) Salted fish.
(b) Plain fish.
(c) Fish broth.
(d) Fish stew.
3. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) How to do simple addition.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) How to write numbers.
(d) Common English words.
4. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
(a) A cabin.
(b) The family dog.
(c) A rifle.
(d) The eldest brother.
5. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is a spring Indian ritual.
(b) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
(c) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(d) It is supposed to repel insects.
6. What animal does Matt want to be his next target?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A muskrat.
(d) A squirrel.
7. After the incident with the bees, what is the main source of Matt's pain?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
8. What does Saknis make for Matt that is made of wood?
(a) A ladder.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A crutch.
(d) A footstool.
9. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) A vine.
(b) Dried pine needles.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) A tree root.
10. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
11. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
(a) Indians would have left a gift.
(b) Human beings wouldn't scatter food like this.
(c) Indians don't like the white settlers' food.
(d) Indians are afraid on cabins built on their territory.
12. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
13. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
14. How often does Matt cook for himself?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Twice a day.
15. When Matt reads Robinson Crusoe to Attean, which word does he change?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
2. What does Matt think of the difficulty of climbing the tree that has bees in it?
3. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
4. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
5. Who is Aremus?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)