|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
(b) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(c) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
(d) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
2. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A baby.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
3. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It is strong, but small.
(b) It is a good, tight house.
(c) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
(d) It is strong and large.
4. When Attean invites Matt to go fishing, what does Attean stop on the way to make?
(a) A net.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) Fishing hooks.
(d) A spear.
5. Who is Attean?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) A trapper
(c) A fur trader.
(d) An older Indian man.
6. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) A vine.
(b) A hole in the ground.
(c) A tree root.
(d) Dried pine needles.
7. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
8. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
9. What does Matt think of the difficulty of climbing the tree that has bees in it?
(a) A difficult tree to climb, but far from his cabin.
(b) An easy tree to climb.
(c) A difficult tree to climb.
(d) An easy tree to climb, but very far away.
10. How might one characterize Matt and Attean 's opinion of the finished weapon?
(a) Matt is satisfied; Attean is not satisfied.
(b) It is rough, but it will do the job.
(c) Attean is satisfied; Matt is not satisfied.
(d) It is a beauty and will work well.
11. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A boot.
(b) A hunting vest.
(c) A sock
(d) A shirt.
12. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) How to write numbers.
(b) Common English words.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) How to do simple addition.
13. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) His father.
(c) An Indian child.
(d) An Indian man.
14. What are the pests that most often annoy Matt?
15. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bed.
(c) A dining table.
(d) A beaver stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the passage that Matt reads, why does Crusoe return to his ship?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Matt wake up and decide he wants?
3. When Attean becomes angry and storms out of the cabin in Chapter 9, in what mood is Matt left?
4. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
5. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)