|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
2. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
(a) The family dog.
(b) A cabin.
(c) The eldest brother.
(d) A rifle.
3. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
(a) A jar of honey.
(c) Dried fish.
(d) Stew and corn cake.
4. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
5. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A hunting vest.
(b) A sock
(c) A shirt.
(d) A boot.
6. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(a) Corn syrup.
7. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
(a) A stew.
(b) A groundhog.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear steak.
8. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
9. When Attean invites Matt to go fishing, what does Attean stop on the way to make?
(a) A spear.
(b) A net.
(c) Fishing hooks.
(d) A fishing pole.
10. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's rifle.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) His father's pistol.
(d) A bow and arrow.
11. Who is Aremus?
(a) Attean's brother.
(b) Attean's dog.
(c) Attean's friend.
(d) Attean's sister.
12. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the bank of the creek.
(b) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(c) From the base of the cabin.
(d) From the rver bank.
13. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
14. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
(a) Indians would have left a gift.
(b) Indians don't like the white settlers' food.
(c) Human beings wouldn't scatter food like this.
(d) Indians are afraid on cabins built on their territory.
15. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His face.
(b) HIs arms.
(c) His neck.
(d) His feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt think of the difficulty of climbing the tree that has bees in it?
2. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
3. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
4. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
5. What part of his body does Matt hurt with his new hunting tool?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)