|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
(b) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
(c) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(d) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
2. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
3. As Matt sits waiting for his dinner to cook, he hears someone. Who/what does he first think he hears?
(a) His older brother.
(b) His preacher.
(c) His younger brother.
(d) His Dad.
4. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the bank of the creek.
(b) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(c) From the base of the cabin.
(d) From the rver bank.
5. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
(b) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(c) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
(d) He throws the book Matt.
6. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
7. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) Not enough rain.
(b) Birds and animals.
(c) Not enough sunshine.
(d) The cold weather.
8. What does Matt think of the difficulty of climbing the tree that has bees in it?
(a) An easy tree to climb, but very far away.
(b) A difficult tree to climb, but far from his cabin.
(c) An easy tree to climb.
(d) A difficult tree to climb.
9. In the midst of a bee swarm, what does Matt think will be his escape?
(b) His cabin.
(c) His blanket.
(d) Wet leaves.
10. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
(a) I bet.
(c) You know.
(d) I know.
11. What fruit does Matt find nearby?
12. Who is Aremus?
(a) Attean's brother.
(b) Attean's friend.
(c) Attean's dog.
(d) Attean's sister.
13. What is the sweet ingredient that Matt that is disappearing because he uses it a lot?
(c) Corn syrup.
14. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A hunting vest.
(b) A boot.
(c) A sock
(d) A shirt.
15. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
(a) His father's rifle.
(b) His father's pistol.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "white stuff" that has spilled?
2. When Matt and Attean arrive in a part of the woods, Matt has never been in, where do they see the sign of the beaver?
3. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
4. When Attean leaves, whose trip does Matt compare Robinson Crusoe's survival to?
5. When Matt asks Attean to show him how to kill a rabbit, what is it that piqued his interest in learning to hunt as Attean?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)