|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger ask for that Matt doesn't have?
2. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
3. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
(a) His father's rifle.
(b) A stew.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A rabbit.
4. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
5. After the incident with the bees, what is the main source of Matt's pain?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His head.
6. What part of his body does Matt hurt with his new hunting tool?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His thumb.
(c) His elbow.
(d) The heel of his hand.
7. After hunting lessons from Attean, what is the first thing that Matt catches?
(a) A fox.
(b) A partridge.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A groundhog.
8. As Matt sits waiting for his dinner to cook, he hears someone. Who/what does he first think he hears?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His younger brother.
(c) His older brother.
(d) His Dad.
9. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
(b) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
(c) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
(d) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
10. How often does Matt cook for himself?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) Three times a day.
11. What fruit does Matt find nearby?
12. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
13. When Attean catches a fish he feels is too small, what does he do with the fish before he releases it?
(a) He throws it at Matt.
(b) He speaks to it.
(c) He squeezes it.
(d) He blesses it.
14. When Attean becomes angry and storms out of the cabin in Chapter 9, in what mood is Matt left?
15. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(c) Who's there?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
2. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
3. What does Saknis bring Matt to wear?
4. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
5. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)