|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matt's bed made of?
(a) Hemlock boughs.
(b) Spruce boughs.
(d) Oak leaves.
2. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His feet.
(b) His face.
(c) His neck.
(d) HIs arms.
3. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
(a) He heard voices from within the cabin.
(b) The garden was robbed.
(c) The door was torn off and broken.
(d) He smelled smoke.
4. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His Indian friends from Massachusetts.
5. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
(a) He fell asleep while Matt was speaking.
(b) He told Matt that if he could stay he would help with chores.
(c) He asked if he could stay.
(d) He slid from the stool and lay down on the floor.
6. Who is Aremus?
(a) Attean's sister.
(b) Attean's dog.
(c) Attean's brother.
(d) Attean's friend.
7. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It is strong and large.
(b) It is strong, but small.
(c) It is a good, tight house.
(d) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
8. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A child.
(c) A baby.
(d) A dog.
9. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
10. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
11. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
(b) A shadow.
(c) A smell of another fire.
(d) A noise.
12. After the incident with the bees, what is the main source of Matt's pain?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His head.
(d) His shoulder.
13. Who is with Matt in the woods as the story begins?
(a) His father and his four older brothers.
(b) His father and his two older brothers.
(c) Only his father.
(d) His father and his three older brothers.
14. How often does Matt cook for himself?
(a) Four times a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Three times a day.
15. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is difficult to understand.
(b) It is wrong.
(c) It is sensible.
(d) It is ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
2. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
3. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
4. What kind of trees are used to build their cabin?
5. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)