|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
(b) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(c) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
(d) He throws the book Matt.
2. Why does Matt decide that the cause of the break-in couldn't be Indians?
(a) Indians would have left a gift.
(b) Human beings wouldn't scatter food like this.
(c) Indians are afraid on cabins built on their territory.
(d) Indians don't like the white settlers' food.
3. When Attean explains the meaning of the sign of the beaver, what does Matt think of this meaning?
(a) It is wrong.
(b) It is difficult to understand.
(c) It is ridiculous.
(d) It is sensible.
4. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
(a) A noise.
(c) A smell of another fire.
(d) A shadow.
5. What does the stranger admire and say that is "worth a passel of beaver"?
(a) A dining table.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A beaver stew.
(d) A bed.
6. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
(b) It is strong and large.
(c) It is strong, but small.
(d) It is a good, tight house.
7. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
(b) That he is alone.
(c) That it is note of his business.
(d) That his father is away just now.
8. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
(a) A cabin.
(b) The eldest brother.
(c) The family dog.
(d) A rifle.
9. What is the name of the town where Matt's family lives?
10. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bear.
(c) The stranger, Ben.
11. When Matt asks Attean to show him how to kill a rabbit, what is it that piqued his interest in learning to hunt as Attean?
(a) How he caught such a large rabbit.
(b) How Attean's rabbit was killed without a hole in it.
(c) Saknis's bragging about his grandson's hunting skills.
(d) Attean's bragging about his hunting skills.
12. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
13. Although Matt was discouraged, what does he decide to do after he cleans up after the break in?
(a) Cook fish.
(b) Make bread.
(c) Cook stew.
(d) Cook gritty cakes.
14. What does Matt try to salvage after the break-in that is now mixed with dirt?
15. What are less of a nuisance to Matt now that it is July?
(a) Strange noises.
(c) Flies and mosquitoes.
(d) Bad dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Attean use to describe Crusoe when Crusoe goes back to the ship?
2. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
3. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
4. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
5. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)