|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "seba" mean?
2. What are less of a nuisance to Matt now that it is July?
(b) Bad dreams.
(c) Flies and mosquitoes.
(d) Strange noises.
3. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) Birds and animals.
(b) Not enough rain.
(c) Not enough sunshine.
(d) The cold weather.
4. Who is Attean?
(a) An older Indian man.
(b) A fur trader.
(c) A trapper
(d) An Indian child.
5. What is the first sign to Matt that something bad has happened to his cabin while he was gone?
(a) He smelled smoke.
(b) He heard voices from within the cabin.
(c) The door was torn off and broken.
(d) The garden was robbed.
6. What does Matt make for his guest and himself to eat?
(a) A stew.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A groundhog.
(d) A bear steak.
7. After the boys both catch fish, how does Attean start a fire?
(a) From a small rock.
(b) From dried pine needles.
(c) From small twigs.
(d) From a hollowed out log.
8. What does the stranger say about the quality of the construction of Matt's cabin?
(a) It is a good, tight house.
(b) It is strong, but small.
(c) It is strong and large.
(d) It won't be able to keep out the rains.
9. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) An Indian child.
(c) An Indian man.
(d) His father.
10. What is Matt's bed made of?
(a) Oak leaves.
(b) Spruce boughs.
(c) Hemlock boughs.
11. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
12. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He throws the book Matt.
(b) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(c) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
(d) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
13. What is the first word that Matt hears the stranger speak?
(c) Who's there?
14. What is held in the keg that was overturned?
(b) Barley malt.
(d) Corn syrup.
15. What does Matt still have a few grains of in a tin after the break in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
2. What animal does Matt want to be his next target?
3. What kind of trees are used to build their cabin?
4. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
5. When Matt asks Attean to show him how to kill a rabbit, what is it that piqued his interest in learning to hunt as Attean?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)