|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt asks Attean to show him how to kill a rabbit, what is it that piqued his interest in learning to hunt as Attean?
(a) Saknis's bragging about his grandson's hunting skills.
(b) Attean's bragging about his hunting skills.
(c) How he caught such a large rabbit.
(d) How Attean's rabbit was killed without a hole in it.
2. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) His cabin.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A teepee.
(d) A strange cabin.
3. What is the name of the town where Matt's family lives?
4. When Attean leaves, whose trip does Matt compare Robinson Crusoe's survival to?
(b) His and his father's.
(d) His own survival after the bee sting.
5. What part of Robinson Crusoe does Matt begin Attean's lesson on the the second day of reading classes?
(a) The passage about a battle at sea.
(b) The passage about being born in the heart of New York City.
(c) The passage about surviving a storm.
(d) The passage about signing a treaty.
6. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
(a) Corn and tomatoes.
(b) Corn and squash.
(c) Corn and pumpkins.
(d) Corn and potatoes.
7. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
8. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the base of the cabin.
(b) From the bank of the creek.
(c) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(d) From the rver bank.
9. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
(a) The family dog.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A rifle.
(d) The eldest brother.
10. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
11. When the bees begin to swarm, what does Matt say they sound like?
(a) A great wind.
(b) A great train.
(c) A tornado
(d) A storm.
12. What does Attean make hooks from when Matt loses his fish hook?
(a) A thistle.
(b) A pine cone.
(c) A stone.
(d) A piece of wood.
13. When Matt sees the 7 notches on his stick used for measuring time gone by, what month does he judge it is?
14. Who/what is with this person who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) A child.
(b) A baby.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A dog.
15. Where do the bees NOT sting Matt?
(a) His feet.
(b) His neck.
(c) His face.
(d) HIs arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Matt's suspicion come that he is being watched?
2. When Matt sees his cabin in shambles, what does he expect is the cause?
3. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
4. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
5. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)