|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That his father is away just now.
(b) That it is note of his business.
(c) That he is alone.
(d) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
2. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
(a) From the rver bank.
(b) From the bank of the creek.
(c) From the soil around the roots of trees.
(d) From the base of the cabin.
3. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
(a) He builds a grill and puts it over the fire.
(b) He puts sticks through the entire fish and holds it over the fire.
(c) He uses a hot rock on the fire.
(d) He wraps the fish in leaves and puts it on the fire.
4. As Matt and Attean find their way back to the cabin, what does Attean find and share with Matt?
(b) Pine sap droplets.
5. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
(b) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
(c) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
(d) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
6. Where is Matt taken after he is rescued from the bees?
(a) A teepee.
(b) His cabin.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A strange cabin.
7. What crop does Matt have to tend to every day in his garden patch?
(d) Green beans.
8. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) An Indian man.
(d) His father.
9. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
(a) His mother.
(b) His Indian friends from Massachusetts.
(c) His preacher.
(d) His father.
10. What piece of clothing does Matt lose when he is battling the bees?
(a) A sock
(b) A hunting vest.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A boot.
11. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
(a) He slid from the stool and lay down on the floor.
(b) He asked if he could stay.
(c) He told Matt that if he could stay he would help with chores.
(d) He fell asleep while Matt was speaking.
12. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) How to write numbers.
(b) Common English words.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) How to do simple addition.
13. What is the main source of noise Matt notices in the woods?
(b) His own voice.
(d) Distant gun shots.
14. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
(a) Corn and squash.
(b) Corn and pumpkins.
(c) Corn and potatoes.
(d) Corn and tomatoes.
15. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
2. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
3. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
4. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
5. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)