|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
(a) You know.
(b) I know.
(c) I bet.
2. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
(a) That he is alone, but his family should be there any minute.
(b) That it is note of his business.
(c) That he is alone.
(d) That his father is away just now.
3. What does Saknis bring Matt to eat?
(a) Dried fish.
(c) Stew and corn cake.
(d) A jar of honey.
4. What does Saknis bring Matt to wear?
(b) Suede pants.
(c) New boots.
(d) Suede shirt.
5. After the cabin break-in, what food does Matt find that he is particularly tired of?
(a) Salted fish.
(b) Fish broth.
(c) Plain fish.
(d) Fish stew.
6. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
7. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) By Wagon and Flatboat.
8. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
9. How does Matt know that the stranger intends to stay the night?
(a) He slid from the stool and lay down on the floor.
(b) He told Matt that if he could stay he would help with chores.
(c) He asked if he could stay.
(d) He fell asleep while Matt was speaking.
10. Where does Matt's father tell him that the bees near Loon Pond are from?
11. What is the main source of Matt's frustration with gardening?
(a) Not enough rain.
(b) The cold weather.
(c) Not enough sunshine.
(d) Birds and animals.
12. Who rescues Matt from the bee attack?
(a) An Indian child.
(b) An Indian man.
(d) His father.
13. What is Attean's preferred method of making arrows?
(b) Rubbing 2 sticks together.
14. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
(b) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(c) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
(d) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
15. When Attean cooks the fish, how does he get it over the flames?
(a) He wraps the fish in leaves and puts it on the fire.
(b) He builds a grill and puts it over the fire.
(c) He puts sticks through the entire fish and holds it over the fire.
(d) He uses a hot rock on the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old will Matt be in seven weeks from the day his father leaves?
2. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Matt wake up and decide he wants?
4. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
5. What is Matt's bed made of?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)