Short Answer Key
1. Who is with Matt in the woods as the story begins?
Only his father.
2. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
3. What kind of trees are used to build their cabin?
4. What is the "old blunderbuss" Matt's father speaks of?
5. When Matt's father says, "Aye, it's yourn," what does the word "aye" mean?
6. What is the name of the town where Matt's family lives?
7. How many rooms are in the log cabin that Matt has helped built?
8. How many children are living with Matt's mother?
9. How often is Matt instructed to cut a notch in the stick?
Once a day.
10. What is the first animal that Matt attempts to shoot?
A red squirrel.
11. Who bakes the johnnycake that Matt eats after hunting?
This section contains 2,863 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)