|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Matt thinks about the time of year, what day does he think most about?
(a) His birthday.
(c) His sister, Sarah's irthday.
2. According to the stranger, what life experiences does this man have?
(a) He lived with almost every Indian tribe in the terriroty of Maine and acted as their military planner.
(b) He lived with every Indian tribe in the territory of Maine.
(c) He lived with the French and helped them fight against all American Indians.
(d) He lived with the Indians, fought the French Army, and been held captive by the Iroquois.
3. Why does Matt skip the part about where Crusoe was born when he reads to Attean?
(a) He thinks it will make Attean furious.
(b) It contains diffcult words that Attean will not be able to pronounce.
(c) It makes Matt homesick for New York.
(d) He thinks it will be uninteresting to Attean.
4. By what name does the stranger introduce himself?
5. When Matt is alone and feeling lonely, what does Matt imagine might have happened to his father?
(a) He might have encountered bad weather.
(b) He might have been slowed down because of travelling with his wife and another child.
(c) He might have difficulty with the Indians.
(d) He might have met up with a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the day to Matt's shirt?
2. At the celebration, what story does Attean tell to the villagers that are assembled?
3. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
4. When Matt finally finishes telling the story of Robinson Crusoe to Attean, what does Attean say?
5. Who assures Matt that the local Indians were not to be feared?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)