|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Attean had to find before he could teach hunting to Matt?
(a) A vine.
(b) A tree root.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) Dried pine needles.
2. What is it in the story of Robinson Crusoe that angered Attean?
(a) Reading about a "savage" kneeling to a white man.
(b) Reading about a "savage" serving a white man.
(c) Reading about a "savage" learning a white man's language.
(d) Reading about a "savage" rescuing a white man from the sea.
3. Why does Attean have a problem with Matt's sitting next to him?
(a) Attean says he wants to stand.
(b) Attean feels that Matt talks too loud.
(c) Attean mistrusts Matt.
(d) Attean does not want Matt so close.
4. What is one book that Matt has in the cabin?
(a) By Wagon and Flatboat.
(b) The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
5. What does Matt believe that the Indians desire most as treatment from white settlers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two crops that Matt has evidently planted near his cabin?
2. Where is Matt supposed to get the the clay for the spaces between the logs in the cabin?
3. In what territory do Matt and his family live?
4. On the morning after his guest spends the night in his cabin, what does Matt discover is missing?
5. Who is it that apparently appreciates how fond Matt is of molasses and made sure he had some molasses in the cabin?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)