|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt say that he thought of the Indian way of life before he actually visited them?
(a) He thought they were dull.
(b) He thought they were impolite.
(c) He thought they were always hunting.
(d) He thought they were mean.
2. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
3. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is supposed to repel insects.
(b) It is a spring Indian ritual.
(c) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(d) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
4. What English word does Attean offer as a rough translation of his word "manitou"?
5. What food supply is kept in a barrel in the cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
2. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
3. When the man asks whether Matt is alone at the camp site, how does Matt respond?
4. On this early autumn visit to Matt's cabin, what does Attean tell Matt the Indian men are preparing to hunt?
5. As Matt sits waiting for his dinner to cook, he hears someone. Who/what does he first think he hears?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)