|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matt and Attean are talking about the animal in the trap, what does Attean say that white men trap for?
(a) Animal skeletons.
(b) Animal skin.
(c) Animal meat.
(d) The total animal.
2. What does Matt temporarily "lose" in the gambling game he plays with the Indian boys?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His pen knife.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His belt.
3. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) How to do simple addition.
(b) How to write numbers.
(c) Common English words.
(d) The alphabet.
4. When Matt and Attean are hiking in the woods, they come upon a trap. Of what is the trap made?
5. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
(a) Desire to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Matt think Attean returns each day?
2. Why does Attean have a problem with Matt's sitting next to him?
3. When Matt first learns that he is invited to the Indian village after the dog rescue, why does he think he is invited?
4. When Matt daydreams of being a hero to Attean, what does he imagine rescuing Attean from?
5. How long does Matt estimate that it will take Attean to learn his lessons?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)