|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attean bring Matt when he enters the house in Chapter 7?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) His father's rifle.
(c) A stew.
(d) A pair of shoes.
2. What animal is in the trap that they come upon?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A fox.
3. How does Attean react to Matt's estimate of how long he will be teaching Attean?
(a) He knocks the book off the table and runs out of the cabin.
(b) He grabs Matt's hand and begins to Indian wrestle.
(c) He tells Matt he will try, but that Matt has to make lessons faster.
(d) He throws the book Matt.
4. What is the reason for the oil that Attean spreads on his body and hair?
(a) It is from his breakfast of greasy meat.
(b) It is from a sacred ceremony that morning.
(c) It is supposed to repel insects.
(d) It is a spring Indian ritual.
5. What is the first thing Matt prepares to teach Attean?
(a) Common English words.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) How to write numbers.
(d) How to do simple addition.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matt daydreams of being a hero to Attean, what does he imagine rescuing Attean from?
2. How long does Matt estimate that it will take Attean to learn his lessons?
3. Why does Attean have a problem with Matt's sitting next to him?
4. For what reason does Matt think Attean returns each day?
5. What does Matt feel as he leaves Attean's grandmother after the day at the village?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)