* One day in 1768 in the Maine woods, Matt and his father finally complete building the cabin for their family who has not yet moved there from Massachusetts.
* Matt's father shows him how to keep track of time by cutting a notch on a stick for each day.
* Matt can hunt, fish and cook; his father leaves and Matt is alone to care for himself for seven weeks.
* Matt takes the gun and tries to shoot a squirrel, but he misses.
* He is determined to become a better shot.
* Matt takes care of himself by hunting, fishing, cooking, and gardening.
* His attention to his chores keeps him busy all day.
* He frequently thinks of advice his father gave him.
* He has a feeling that someone is watching him.
* He thinks it might be Indians but knows from his father that Indians are not be feared and that...
This section contains 2,095 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)